What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

And if you got the time, be so kind to drop a line or three to what you thought of it. :)

Last sunday Before Sunrise en Before Sunset bekeken.

First a very brief part about what the movie is aboutm, it doesn't ruin the movie, so don't be afraid to read it.

Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Cecile (Julie Delpy) run into eachother on the train, they find eachother interesting enough to act impulsive and go out to do a day(and night) tour trough Viena. In the movie Before Sunrise they meat eachother, and in the movie Before Sunset they meat eachother again after nine years.

Nice and surprisinly fast talkmovies (you know, movies where they just talk), good acting (Julie is REALLY cute :D ), there's a nice atmosphere, and their running times are just perfect (Before Sunrise: 105 minutes, Before Sunset 73 minutes, 80 with last titles). Only thing that might get a bit too much is that at some poins in the first movie (Before Sunrise) it gets a little bit too much on semi-intellectuel blabla, but that's only in the first movie. The stories aren't very special on itself, but they've been done in a great way.

I think I enjoyed Before Sunset a little bit more, but I give them both 8 out of 10 points.

Happy Gilmore. I never saw it. It got loads of votes on the tip.it movie topic and it was on t.v. last week, so I decided to give it a try. Normally I can't really care about those Sandler movies, they're just so-so and don't really make me laugh. But this was a pleasent surprise. To be honest, I thought it was pretty good. The story was so simple and cliché, but the makers of the movie knew this, and made their advantage out of it, and it worked. I finally saw a modern-comedy that made me laugh again!

7 points out of 10.

Psycho

Good, great, awesome, masterpiece, blabla. Still frightning, even 45 years after it's release. Classic that everybody must've seen atleast one time in their lifetime.

30-06-2005153553.jpg

Hersenhonger (Brainhunger)

Underground horror movie from the Netherlands.

Complete utter crap. I think it's the worst piece of cinema (if you want to call it this way) I've ever seen. But hillarious.

Story: Two guys go search for a bunker to find Hitler's serum to make dead people alive. They find the serum, but someting aweful happends and in no time whole Holland is stuffed with zombies. They call the "Zombie Squad" to help out. The Zombiesquad arrives and they kill the zombies with special weapons: Special anti-zombie paint and a supersoaker that is filled with gerkinsour (you know, the fluid that's in your can of gerkins). Everything is presented by "Sjon Schacht" which is a parody/homage to Shaft.

Absolutely hillarious, if you can find a download, just get it (it's just about the only way you can get it), get a crate of beer, get crisps etc. invite a bunch of friends and laugh your behinds off!

bscap118.jpg

That has been all for the past few days.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Last seen at the cinema or in general (TV, video, DVD)?

Ok last 3 days only... (mon-weds)

Monday:

Starship Troopers [dvd]

Shaun of the Dead [dvd]

Tuesday:

Dawn of the Dead (2004) [sky movies]

Dawn of the Dead (78) [bbc 1]

Wednesday:

Day of the Dead [bbc 2]

Mmmm been a great week for zombie flicks lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ah, last movie I saw at...

the cinema was Sin City

home was Home Alone 2

a place other than those two... resident evil 2

Sin City - Downright awesome :D

Home Alone 2 - A good sequal to the first however I find his abiltiy to make a plan and go over 5 stories of building in less than 3hrs hard to believe still. Meh, still amusing so it's all good.

Resident Evil 2 - Fairly good. A bit iffy with how people can be affected by the disease though. Like at the gates some guy just falls down dead or whatever then wakes up a few minutes later as a zombie and bites a guy. Then it takes like .... a long time and he still doesn't get it :x Maybe it's just more potent in the air or whatever, but still :-?

Good concept bit of a predictable ending though which made it a bit of an anti-climax :x

************************! Why do I always miss these awesome zombie flicks when they're on BBC? Please, somebody explain.

Oh, I also saw the first part of the Scorsese Docufilm about Bob Dylan (No Direction Home) mondayevening. Only seen first part of it, seemed to be pretty interesting and nice stuff, but couldn't see the 2nd part of it because my father wanted to see the football. I think I'm going to let him pay when I order the DVD. <.<

There was this silly programme before the Dylan docu btw, "University Challenge", damn, those questions were hard! And what a bunch of geeks, lol! The guy who presented the programma was pretty cool though, I could exactly time him when he said "come on" when it took them too long to answer a question. :P

21o4pav.jpg

lol ure on about Jeremy Paxman. hes the presenter. hes really funny, hes had some great political interviews with people in the past too including the current tory leader. "did you threaten to overrule him?" hehehe

as for you missing them on the BBC? i dunno, probs because you are hardly ever on IRC anymore in the evenings and I cant remind you :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The last movie I can remember watching was Grosse Pointe Blank last week (I've seen it a couple times before though). Great movie. It's about a professional hitman that travels back to his home town to attend his 10-year school reuinion (played by John Cusack) :P

Last film i watched was The Butterfly Effect, and i really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of the psychological element in films, and this one really used that style well. I'd give you a brief plot outline but to be honest you have to see it to understand it.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

On TV...

Renaissance Man - C5 - comedy with Danny DeVito. Was actually quite good, very easy to watch.

ALI - C4 - only managed to see the last half of this biopic about Muhammad Ali. What I saw of it was pretty good also.

DVD...

Requiem For a Dream - Different from what I was expecting, I bought it since a few people put it in their top 10 lists. Not the best film I've seen, but still was quite powerfull.

sig2ho7.jpg

On TV...

Renaissance Man - C5 - comedy with Danny DeVito. Was actually quite good, very easy to watch.

ALI - C4 - only managed to see the last half of this biopic about Muhammad Ali. What I saw of it was pretty good also.

DVD...

Requiem For a Dream - Different from what I was expecting, I bought it since a few people put it in their top 10 lists. Not the best film I've seen, but still was quite powerfull.

was that the one with will smith? if it was i missed it looked good thou...

either salo or caligula

I haven't seen the other one. But what did you think of Salo?

21o4pav.jpg

either salo or caligula

I haven't seen the other one. But what did you think of Salo?

it was kinda uneasy to watch, since it really was quite brutal, bt i would have thought that it would have been more brutal, was kind of a surprise, still a sick movie though :S

but caligula, aah yes, now thats 1 sick movie..

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

In Good Company, with Scarlett Johanssen. I'd better be careful about what i say, considering the author of this thread's affliations for her, but to be perfectly honest i didn't think she was that impressive. She seemed too young and whiny, and not at all attractive the way they pictured her. She can be a brilliant actress when she wants to be, but she wasn't quite up to form in this one. I thought Topher Grace, playing the second male lead of Carter Duryea stole the show, but the general casting was good. The plot was original, but stayed true to the rom-com style, and didn't have the stereotypical ending, which was refreshing. Overall, 7/10 :)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

In Good Company, with Scarlett Johanssen. I'd better be careful about what i say, considering the author of this thread's affliations for her, but to be perfectly honest i didn't think she was that impressive.

:P You can say whatever you want lol. I haven't seen the movie. I only fell in love with her because of her roles in "Lost in Translation" and "A Love Song for Bobby Long". :wub:

21o4pav.jpg

Pi - Same director as requiem for a dream, and this movie is just as good as it is. its about a mathematician that goes/is crazy. great movie.

Vanilla Sky - good movie with tom cruise as the main actor, so thats one plus already :lol: . cant really say much about it so i dont ruin it, except that it is also a great movie.

Rushmore - wes anderson directed this movie, and it is just as good as the other three.

generic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie - cant remember the title, but it had him shooting a lot of guns and killing people. he was kicked out of the fbi for something (missed that part), and someone offers to get him back in if he infiltrates the chicago mafia (at least i think it was chicago). enertaining, but dont go out of your way to get it (just watch it on TV).

American Beauty - i liked the ending, and the movie was pretty good. i really liked it until the bag blowing in the wind thing, after that it seemed like a movie that was different just to say that it was different, not because it should be different (that may not make sense, but i know what im thinking, jsut dont know how to say it). it was still a good movie, just wasnt a great movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Spun, Requiem for a Dream, and Snatch. All downloaded of course since I've never seen any of them and I don't pay to be suprised. Snatch is my new favorite movie now-unmatched dialogue in both wit, originality and humour in my opinion.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Last movie I saw was Cry Wolf. I played the AOL game, wanted to see it, won some advance screening tickets, and then saw it for free.

I loved the movie, but a lot of people hated it. :(

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Spun, Requiem for a Dream, and Snatch. All downloaded of course since I've never seen any of them and I don't pay to be suprised. Snatch is my new favorite movie now-unmatched dialogue in both wit, originality and humour in my opinion.

Spun is a cracking film, it's just filmed in such a great way, and the characters are really convincing. Mickey Rourke's small monologue in the 'adult' shop had me cracking up, wish i could quote it here....

I agree with you on Snatch, too. One of my favourite films ever, i have it on DVD and must have seen it 20 times at least.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

The last film I saw was Cube Zero, prequel to Cube. If anyone out there hasn't seen Cube, watch it right now: it's fantastic.

Slight spoiler alert -- don't worry, though, it won't ruin it for you if you have yet to see it.

Basically, it's about this futuristic cube prison/dungeon, and how a group of people try to get out of it. The thing itself is a giant cube shaped structure -- think giant rubik's cube -- made of little cube shaped rooms. Each room has a door/hatch in each of the walls, the floor and the ceiling. A large number of the rooms are also trapped.

The prisoners wake up scattered around the cube, and start trying doors -- each door leads to the adjacent room -- and of course some of them walk unknowlingly into rooms that are trapped. A group of them meet up and try to escape together, throwing their boots into rooms to test whether or not they're trapped. It's pretty bloody, but, though it's classed as a horror film, I wouldn't say it's at all scary.

One of the interesting things about the film is that a lot of characters die. I didn't guess which character was going to be the one that survived -- I could tell it was going to end up with just one of them alive, however -- until pretty near the end. It's rather like a good old fashioned "character death real"* game, such as Nethack, where everything seems much more dangerous than usual.

Anyway, I really recomend it to anyone wanting something fun/exciting to watch.

Wow, I just noticed that there's another film, Cube 2: Hypercube. I'd better watch that. It was made in between the two I've mentioned...

*one can save the game, but if the character dies, the save is wiped. Makes things much more interesting and intense.