51-59 Magic for F2P

quelmotz

I think the most efficient way that won't have you waiting forever for supplies would be fire bolting. Chaos runes are pretty low right now so just buy a load and some airs (they may not buy instantly in G.E. but they do buy) and then go train!

Some suitable monsters are the hobgoblins across the water by the crafting guild (bring some laws to telegrad useful drops) or the lesser demons on Karmaja in the volcano. The lessers have alright drops (don't forget to bring your Lumbridge ring 3 for the 30 free low alchs a day and the +1 mage bonus)

I'm currently casting 25k fire strikes on the lessers in the volcano for 70 mage, got about 8k left to do. I find it easy to watch something else/read forums while training because the lessers have such a distinct death sound that goes on for about 4 seconds so you know when you have to look back.

Good luck!

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Thanks for all the tips! :thumbsup:

I'm quite poor ( :( ) so I think fire bolting is out for me. Fire striking could be possible...but I think I'll try the telegrab Zamorak Wine method to see how it goes first.

The thing about telegrabbing is that it is SLOW!!!

you have to wait for the thing to respawn which happens, what, every 30 seconds? let's say every 20 seconds on a full world. And let's also pretend that you don't have any competition and are able to grab them all as soon as they respawn.

That's 3 a minute.

At 43 xp (?) per cast that's 3 x 43 for 129xp per minute or 7740 xp per hour.

To get from 51 magic to 59 you need 135,941 xp which would take you 17 and a half hours at that speed.

But don't forget that you have to do runs to the bank as well everytime you get 27 wines. And you're not going to be 100% efficient anyway so I guess we can round this up to about 20 hours of training.

Plus you're not getting any other xp (like hp) that you would from other forms of training.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

super heat is the most efficient in f2p.

either iron or mith depending on how fast you want the exp

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

This. But I don't think you should play out FoG quite yet. You could auto-failcast instead of killing them.

You have to realize that at the very most, someone could give you 75 extra xp if they have 99HP and used all the bandages (FoG xp is halved after all) Take into account that a large number of players simply don't have that high of an HP and the whole autodamage system in place, it's a much better strategy to keep them alive as long as possible so you can get the base XP of the spell. You'll spend more time getting XP and less time being hunted, waiting in the lobby etc.

Instead, bring the WORST magical bonus you can (Any full set of metal armour + D vambs + Combat Boots), but bring a regular staff (NOT elemental, NOT magical) so you can autocast, but keep your magical bonus down.

What you have now is almost 10 minutes worth of free water blasts, or 5 minutes worth of free cursing, but with little to no attention paid.

If superheating I would recommend Steel which makes the most profit.

[hide=Proof]http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Superheat_Item[/hide]

If you don't believe that work it out for yourself (:

And if you want you can mine the iron [and/or] coal yourself to increase profit margins.

Oh another way is getting full rune, grabbing your air staff and using air strike on the small rats in lumbridge castle. (Not sure about this one however..)

behold_lies.png

then do steel or iron. iron is 27 bars/inv so its always faster exp. but it costs more

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I'd just do a round of tele-grabbing and see how's it like. I doubt I'd do another round though. Maybe I might not even try it.

Anyway, I'll probably try FoGing with the method Sinkhan mentioned. 0 gp required and apparently, average mage xp. I've got all the "bad" equipment ready - full rune, rune gauntlets, security boots. Maybe I should unequip my amulet of power too.

I might try superheat but I don't want the MOST efficient method, money conservation is more important for me.

Is cursing on monsters too slow? Or only suitable for lower level magic training?

I'd just do a round of tele-grabbing and see how's it like. I doubt I'd do another round though. Maybe I might not even try it.

Anyway, I'll probably try FoGing with the method Sinkhan mentioned. 0 gp required and apparently, average mage xp. I've got all the "bad" equipment ready - full rune, rune gauntlets, security boots. Maybe I should unequip my amulet of power too.

I might try superheat but I don't want the MOST efficient method, money conservation is more important for me.

Is cursing on monsters too slow? Or only suitable for lower level magic training?

Cursing on monster is slow but not on the dummies in lumbridge. Its cheap and gives a fair amount of xp per cast (29)

behold_lies.png

Cursing on monster is slow but not on the dummies in lumbridge. Its cheap and gives a fair amount of xp per cast (29)

Ok, thanks! I'm probably going to try cursing the dummies if I find FoG too slow.

I'm pretty sure you profit with superheating. Just buy the coal, mith, and nats off of the g/e; superheat; and sell the mith bars.

Edit: okay, just checked; with current market prices, you lose 4 gp/bar, which isn't bad at all.. but usually you profit! (if you wait a few times for things to stabilize, you probably will profit)..

Edit #2: still, with current prices with superheating mith, it'll only cost you 10-12k to get up to lvl 59.... definitely your cheapest alternative.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Cursing is how you I trained to 55, but back then I had to do it on scorpions because there weren't any dummies, but I'd still recommend cursing as it is fairly fast at low levels, and there really isn't many more options. Make sure you use an earth staff, because I remember curse reqs 2 waters and 3 earths. Plus lowest mage bonus as possible, which is a full set of armour (any metal will do), dhide vambs, SoS boots and a non-mage/power amulet.

If you choose to alch, do adamant platebodies, and if you want to buy more than 100/ 4 hrs, then have someone at the ge buy it, then buy it off him. Alternatively, you could use fire strike on the lesser demon on top of the wizzard's tower.

Also, I heard most bars were crashing atm, so I wouldn't recomment superheating.

Staurolite.png

Also, I heard most bars were crashing atm, so I wouldn't recomment superheating.

I'm pretty sure coal and mith or whatever ores are used to make the bars would follow suit... so again, it'll probably be possible to break even and even profit through superheating.

But you'd have to keep an eye on the prices in the next week or so to find the optimal time to buy.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

I'm pretty sure coal and mith or whatever ores are used to make the bars would follow suit... so again, it'll probably be possible to break even and even profit through superheating.

But you'd have to keep an eye on the prices in the next week or so to find the optimal time to buy.

Ok, thanks for all the hints!

I'll probably try superheating when the prices have stabilized, meanwhile I am FoGing now while reading the forums.

Curse will be my next choice. I've already bought some body runes. I'm using a water staff and earth runes (to use up my supply of nearly 300 earth runes from moss giants). After that I'll get an Earth staff and start cursing the dummies.

Cursing is how you I trained to 55, but back then I had to do it on scorpions because there weren't any dummies, but I'd still recommend cursing as it is fairly fast at low levels, and there really isn't many more options. Make sure you use an earth staff, because I remember curse reqs 2 waters and 3 earths. Plus lowest mage bonus as possible, which is a full set of armour (any metal will do), dhide vambs, SoS boots and a non-mage/power amulet.

If you choose to alch, do adamant platebodies, and if you want to buy more than 100/ 4 hrs, then have someone at the ge buy it, then buy it off him. Alternatively, you could use fire strike on the lesser demon on top of the wizzard's tower.

Don't use fire strike, earth strike is just as good and cheaper.

http://www.scape-xp.com/runescape-high-alchemy.html

Put in the current prices of nature runes (248) and it shows you he profit made on each item. Currently nothing in f2p makes profit while high alching.

And yes looking at the grand exchange it does seem the bars are starting to crash. But superheating is still profitable just mine the ore (:

behold_lies.png

Put in the current prices of nature runes (248) and it shows you he profit made on each item. Currently nothing in f2p makes profit while high alching.

And yes looking at the grand exchange it does seem the bars are starting to crash. But superheating is still profitable just mine the ore (:

Why is Earth Strike just as good and cheaper? It maxes 2 damage below fire, and currently fire runes cost less than earth runes...well actually that doesn't matter because you'll be using the respective staff.

I just leveled up to 52 magic after cursing about 250 times... :wall: Got too bored so I logged out.

When I run out of the 1000 shots of bodies I bought, I'll probably go mining and superheating stuff. That is, if the prices of bars and stuff stabilize.

Why is Earth Strike just as good and cheaper? It maxes 2 damage below fire, and currently fire runes cost less than earth runes...well actually that doesn't matter because you'll be using the respective staff.

I just leveled up to 52 magic after cursing about 250 times... :wall: Got too bored so I logged out.

When I run out of the 1000 shots of bodies I bought, I'll probably go mining and superheating stuff. That is, if the prices of bars and stuff stabilize.

Just go back to auto-failcasting like I posted and do random stuff online if you ever get bored.

If you use FF, SplitPanel is a great add-on if you have a high resolution (Greater than 1280x1024)