Divine & Elysian Spirit shields

mujammil

Up another 20 to 442. It's 70m ahead of ely now!

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say exactly which is best. Would be easy if we had the shields

So we all agree Jagex should give me both shields to "test" :lol:

I just think elysian can be used monster hunting, where as divine is pretty much limited.

Yep. You can't do much with Divine unless your in PVP or something. Whats the point of draining your prayer while fighting a monster if you need it/ you'll run out of prayer pots a lot quicker.

Just my opinion, but Elysian seems a lot more worth it, despite Divine being 500m+

Eh, I'd take Elysian for Castle Wars. Once your prayer drains you're out of luck with the divine there. Still waiting for Spectral to drop back to 50-70m, though. There's no way I am paying 95M for +20 magic defense at the expense of several melee defenses.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Eh, I'd take Elysian for Castle Wars. Once your prayer drains you're out of luck with the divine there. Still waiting for Spectral to drop back to 50-70m, though. There's no way I am paying 95M for +20 magic defense at the expense of several melee defenses.

It's +30. Also, ely/divine isn't as good as a spectral in cw. The point while having that shield on is not to get frozen by an ancient. The +30 mage def is much better than the +2 mage def along with damage reduction in that situation. (Besides, once you get the flag you won't have a shield/wand to protect you)

120dgl.jpg

It's +30. Also, ely/divine isn't as good as a spectral in cw. The point while having that shield on is not to get frozen by an ancient. The +30 mage def is much better than the +2 mage def along with damage reduction in that situation. (Besides, once you get the flag you won't have a shield/wand to protect you)

It was in comparison to the dragonfire shield, which is currently the best shield for Castle Wars outside of spirit shields. And I find good mages in smaller CW worlds a rare occurrence (if you venture to W15 it's Chazo), where most of the damage is taken running between castles.

With a DFS you get added melee defenses, protection from dragons, and a slight -20 magic defense in comparison to a spectal. It's a 75M difference for an added 20 magic defense.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

It was in comparison to the dragonfire shield, which is currently the best shield for Castle Wars outside of spirit shields. And I find good mages in smaller CW worlds a rare occurrence (if you venture to W15 it's Chazo), where most of the damage is taken running between castles.

With a DFS you get added melee defenses, protection from dragons, and a slight -20 magic defense in comparison to a spectal. It's a 75M difference for an added 20 magic defense.

The added 20 magic bonus from a DFS -> Spectral is 100% worth it. My friend has been using it and he now rarely gets splashed while scoring. I don't know about DFS in cw as much due to my preference being in Mage's book. Spirit shields are in general very good for cw though. (I personally use both Arcane and Spectral depending on my mood :))

120dgl.jpg