Divine & Elysian Spirit shields

mujammil

Two of the most expensive and highly sought out items on RS. I've made this thread in order to discuss and do a in depth comparison of both of these shields. Firstly a description of their special effects.

Divine Spirit Shield:

30% - or as much as if possible if 30% is more than your current amount of Prayer points - of any damage you take is removed. Half of this 30% is deducted from your Prayer instead, while the other half is ignored completely.

Elysian Spirit Shield:

70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

Both of these shields have great special effects. Which shield do you prefer and find more useful? Due to the fact that the Divine Spirit Shields special effect cusing a reduction in prayer points, where do you find these items more useful at, GWD, TD's where?

EDIT: Also disregard the cost of these 2 items, i wanna hear about the items not the money.

Post your thoughts on these shields, there special effects and their uses in different circumstances.

MujGunGetDiv.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally if i had the choice between the 2 i would take the ESS because i would rather have atleast a little prayer in a sticky situation and the chance of reducing damage is always a nice little incentive

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

They are all too expensive to be usefull.

This.

They cost so ridicolous much. At first i thought "I need 100M and i can get one of those!"

Now i gotta get over 250M...

EDIT:

Hard to say exactly which is best. Would be easy if we had the shields

there's a analysis on rsof and divine came out as the best, which I totally agree with (allthough the guy on rsof is a lil biased).

I read that. They compared the cost of ppots with Divine to food with Elysian, didn't they?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

So we all agree Jagex should give me both shields to "test" :lol:

I just think elysian can be used monster hunting, where as divine is pretty much limited.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So we all agree Jagex should give me both shields to "test" :lol:

I just think elysian can be used monster hunting, where as divine is pretty much limited.

Yeah Elysian would be very handy for many tanking situations.

there's a analysis on rsof and divine came out as the best, which I totally agree with (allthough the guy on rsof is a lil biased).

I read that. They compared the cost of ppots with Divine to food with Elysian, didn't they?

Yep.

On first sight, peole chose elysian since it costs nothing to use it, but think about it. Elysian will surely help, but in most situations, if you can survive with an elysian, you can also survive with a dfs (for instance DKs). Divine really makes the difference and is very useful for soloing boss monsters (not counting tds and some others, I'm mostly talking about gwd) and of course pvp. You don't get smited as easily as you think with it.

There's already a thread for this with 30k views which can be used for discussing not only price but its effect.

Well I would personally pay 300mil over for the ely ss, due to its rareness and effects alone, its sort of an end game item and I mean end game.

Ely is better for teams, divine is best for solo.

There's already a thread for this with 30k views which can be used for discussing not only price but its effect.

Well I would personally pay 300mil over for the ely ss, due to its rareness and effects alone, its sort of an end game item and I mean end game.

ely is good for teams you, but mostly a dfs will do too.

Ely is only one i would go for. But it's very overpriced.

DFS=20-22M (Summer price) : Great melee defense, ranged and magic ( Hybrid shield)

Ely = 335-370M : You know what it can do.

Rune defender - FREE (Attack bonus is important for penetration)

So as you can see by using a spirit sigiled shield you loose strength/attack bonus. So it's only very useful for ranging/maging.

Price makes it very useless. You buy a item because it might give you a advantage so that it can maybe give you more cash by improve your combat...

But Elysian and Divine price is so high that it's a disadvantage.

Only got to test the Divine briefly inbetween certain things and it was funny as hell to use at CT Waterfiends.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Only got to test the Divine briefly inbetween certain things and it was funny as hell to use at CT Waterfiends.

Your sig says gf frontpage yet you're rank 22 in summon :D

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

RSOF qfc: 17-18-724-58871816

Very good analysis. As for the shields, Divine is definitely better in 90% of situations where both shields can be considered. The cost of p pot + sharks for operation of the shield outclasses Elysian in every single way imaginable.

120dgl.jpg

RSOF qfc: 17-18-724-58871816

Very good analysis. As for the shields, Divine is definitely better in 90% of situations where both shields can be considered. The cost of p pot + sharks for operation of the shield outclasses Elysian in every single way imaginable.

I thought pineapple pizza was better then sharks?

There sooo purrrty and shiny though <3:

I would prefer a rune defender for killing because I am that stubborn sort of guy who wants to do things the quickest, hence best bonuses.

If you got a Divine/Ely SS it is a pretty cool achievement

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013