Divine & Elysian Spirit shields

mujammil

Divine and Arcane are the only shields worth using, and even those two have very limited usefulness. Divine is ONLY useful for soloing bosses, particularly TDs and GWD bosses. It will make a difference of a few more kills a trip, but is that really worth 300m?

Arcane is the best Mage shield, far and away. Unfortunately, only two worlds are +1 item, and those two are conveniently (or inconveniently) worlds popularly used for "clusters."

These shields may technically be the best in the game, but their prices are ludicrous for what they provide, especially in this age of "lose everything" PKing. Jagex should have given Revenants the ability to drop Sigils.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Divine and Arcane are the only shields worth using, and even those two have very limited usefulness. Divine is ONLY useful for soloing bosses, particularly TDs and GWD bosses. It will make a difference of a few more kills a trip, but is that really worth 300m?

Arcane is the best Mage shield, far and away. Unfortunately, only two worlds are +1 item, and those two are conveniently (or inconveniently) worlds popularly used for "clusters."

These shields may technically be the best in the game, but their prices are ludicrous for what they provide, especially in this age of "lose everything" PKing. Jagex should have given Revenants the ability to drop Sigils.

Since when is PVP everything?

Since when is PVP everything?

It's not, but it was one of the major uses for these shields, Divine/Elysian in particular. Most monsters do not hit above 20, so the effects of these shields on PvM are negligible. GWD and PvP are the two main uses for ESS/DSS, and now that you lose all items in most worlds, GWD is the only real use for them... And that is not enough to justify the cost, nowhere near.

td2sig.jpg

To everyone saying the shields are too expencive- maybe you are not a good enough player to own any of them yet?

They are the best shields in the game, dropped rarely by the strongest boss monster in the game and don't cost much more than the blue partyhat.

As for the usefulness, as i own all of the shields, they are defenitely all worth it, but mostly the divine, as it makes you as near as invincible against any one foe.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Divine Spirit Shield:

30% - or as much as if possible if 30% is more than your current amount of Prayer points - of any damage you take is removed. Half of this 30% is deducted from your Prayer instead, while the other half is ignored completely.

so if you have a constant prayer sourse(mini games, many training places maybe), then you take 30%( :!: ) less damage. thats almost as much as portection prays in pvp.

Elysian Spirit Shield:

70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

1 x 0.7 x 0.25 = 17.5% less damage taken, a bit over half the other figure.

also the chance that a huge hit (like the one's that makes you vunrable to death for a second or might 1 hit you) have a 70% chance of going down insted of 100%.

once you see it that way its easy to see why devine 50mill ( :!: :!: ) more exspensive.

______

but to the people who go on about devine's prayer drain at a place with no alter.

if you use prayer pots, and you have 70 prayer. one dose will give back 24 pp's, 25 with holy wrench.

at 4 dose per an inventory, and the prayer used is half the damage loss, thats 192 hp per an inventory ( :!: :!: :!: ), 200 with the wrench.

sharks heal 20 per an invent and cost 1.2k, p pots heal 192/200 hp (more or less depending on pray level) per an invent and cost 11.5k (might change with our econemy though),

sharks are 60gp per a hp, p pots are 71gp/57.5 gp per a hp

so if you use a wrench at 70 pray, you will use LESS money then sharks!!! and you hp will also last TEN TIMES LONGER!!!!! :o \'

at 99 pray, a pot dose will give 31/33, 248/264 hp per invent, same cost per a pray pot, thats 46/43.5 gp per a hp.

ok im off to finish summers end now, :oops:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Divine Spirit Shield:

30% - or as much as if possible if 30% is more than your current amount of Prayer points - of any damage you take is removed. Half of this 30% is deducted from your Prayer instead, while the other half is ignored completely.

so if you have a constant prayer sourse(mini games, many training places maybe), then you take 30%( :!: ) less damage. thats almost as much as portection prays in pvp.

Elysian Spirit Shield:

also the chance that a huge hit (like the one's that makes you vunrable to death for a second or might 1 hit you) have a 70% chance of going down insted of 100%.

once you see it that way its easy to see why devine 50mill ( :!: :!: ) more exspensive.

______

but to the people who go on about devine's prayer drain at a place with no alter.

if you use prayer pots, and you have 70 prayer. one dose will give back 24 pp's, 25 with holy wrench.

at 4 dose per an inventory, and the prayer used is half the damage loss, thats 192 hp per an inventory ( :!: :!: :!: ), 200 with the wrench.

sharks heal 20 per an invent and cost 1.2k, p pots heal 192/200 hp (more or less depending on pray level) per an invent and cost 11.5k (might change with our econemy though),

so if you use a wrench at 70 pray, you will use LESS money then sharks!!! and you hp will also last TEN TIMES LONGER!!!!! :o \'

at 99 pray, a pot dose will give 31/33, 248/264 hp per invent, same cost per a pray pot, thats 46/43.5 gp per a hp.

You'd still have to eat whilst using prayer potions.

Zerker_jane.png

Divine Spirit Shield:

Elysian Spirit Shield:

______

You'd still have to eat whilst using prayer potions.

And when training healing aura scrolls should rather be used as refrance.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Divine sounds nice, but in any solo situation its added hassle. I mean for 5% less damage from every hit you lose a junk of your prayer. Deadly in various situations where you need both prayer and food. Think tanking Zammy GWD with divine, one spec and you need to restore prayer, eat and possibly activate prayer all in one go.

Give me elysian over divine any day.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I've had a Divine since about April and I love it. The prayer drop is completely worth it for something like guaranteeing that Bandos will only max 25 and not 35 while soloing. The Sarge's maxes all drop from 20 to 14. So the max against me drops from 35-20-20 to 25-14-14, a 22 point decrease. It owns for Solo GWDing, which as you can see from my sig, I do quite a lot of. Never had Elysian, but it has that 30% chance to fail me, which could happen when Bandos hits a 35. Can't comment on the cost either as I got both a Divine and Arcane Sigil from FFA Corp. Does anyone think I should just cash out and sell my Divine? It would give me a 1.2b cash pile, or an extra Phat or two.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Like everyone has said, they are way too expensive to be worth it.

Comparing the two shields, I would prefer the Divine Spirit Shield when boss fighting or PKing, and the Elysian Spirit Shield for slayer tasks, average-level NPC combat, etc.

But if I got my hands on one I would simply sell it, Rune Defender and/or DFS can suffice.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Divine is useless for TD's since you can easily survive just with a unicorn.

For the people complaining about the price: You can always resell it. It's no money lost. That's why I will certainly get a divine when prices seem to stabilise. Atm, I dont feel like losing 100m on an item I will rarely use (I dont boss hunt or pvp a lot).

For the people complaining about the price: You can always resell it. It's no money lost. That's why I will certainly get a divine when prices seem to stabilise. Atm, I dont feel like losing 100m on an item I will rarely use (I dont boss hunt or pvp a lot).

That's true actually, funny how we have a tendency to think we're always losing money when buying items. My bad experience with the GE (lost over 50m overtime by being away IRL and not being able to pay attention to the economy) has always made me nervous. :lol:

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

well considering with a unicorn and dfs and sgs you can stay at dks forever, gwd forever provided you have at least 4 people, do any slayer task except scabarites sometimes without further healing, and stay at tormented demons until you run out of prayer (which the spirit shields wouldn't help with anyways, especially divine lol), I'd say that they are not that useful at all except as a status symbol and at corp, where you need all the help you can get to survive lol

I have a divine. It is worth the 339 million that I payed for it.

Boss monsters are pretty much what I do... and being able to solo 8 bandos, or 15 armadyl bosses in one trip is pretty awesome.

Not to mention you're nearly invincible in 1v1 pking.

I should also point out that divine IS better, and that the prayer drain is not very extreme at all. You need to use 23.1 sharks before your prayer will go from 99 to 0 (taking 462 damage instead of the 660 you'd take without the shield).

There is no place in this game where elysian is the best choice as a shield.

In places where you take damage divine is better.

In places where you can heal from a unicorn, rune defender/godbook/godsword are better.

Having a chance to take less damage is alot better then being smited 24/7.

Therefor Elysian > Divine.

Smite was 15% or less? Strange, I always thought it was 25%. :roll:

Divine is a sure thing, and prevents up to 30%. Elysian is luck-based, and its average prevention rate is less than 17.5%. If you can afford the prayer loss, Divine prevents upwards of 70% more damage than Elysian, as well as guaranteeing you protection as long as you have prayer points. Remember Murphy's Law: What can go wrong, will go wrong. Do you really want to suffer an untimely death at Fight Caves / GWD / whatever else you may be doing that's dangerous because Elysian triggered on a weak hit and prevented nothing, then failed to trigger on a massive hit?

If you can afford the prayer drain, Divine is more than worth it... if you can afford the price tag in the first place. But that problem applies to Elysian too...

Boss monsters are pretty much what I do... and being able to solo 8 bandos, or 15 armadyl bosses in one trip is pretty awesome.

I should also point out that divine IS better, and that the prayer drain is not very extreme at all. You need to use 23.1 sharks before your prayer will go from 99 to 0 (taking 462 damage instead of the 660 you'd take without the shield).

In places where you can heal from a unicorn, rune defender/godbook/godsword are better.

So you finally got yours :-).

I feel bad selling mine for 321M. On the other hand, I nearly never used it (not time for Monster hunting), and that 300m came in handy in merching.

I'm not sure I'd agree that there's never a situation in which Elysian is better. In Castlewars, Elysian is arguably better because you don't restore prayer, although you could have quite a bit of hp healing yourself + getting bandages from others.

The other situation is if you're low prayer, say, 80 or so. Not only do you not have a lot of pray naturally, your pray pots restore significantly less. Also, this means you have to pot more often. However, I highly doubt anyone can afford an Elysian / Divine and not afford 92 prayer for the breakpoint... maybe if someone got it as a drop.

Divine is usually better though, most people blow the prayer drain way out of proportion.

I've had a Divine since about April and I love it. The prayer drop is completely worth it for something like guaranteeing that Bandos will only max 25 and not 35 while soloing. The Sarge's maxes all drop from 20 to 14. So the max against me drops from 35-20-20 to 25-14-14, a 22 point decrease. It owns for Solo GWDing, which as you can see from my sig, I do quite a lot of. Never had Elysian, but it has that 30% chance to fail me, which could happen when Bandos hits a 35. Can't comment on the cost either as I got both a Divine and Arcane Sigil from FFA Corp. Does anyone think I should just cash out and sell my Divine? It would give me a 1.2b cash pile, or an extra Phat or two.

HI MR. LUCK MAN@@ :thumbsup:

I think you should stick with the Divine. If you got 800m cash already that should be enough insurance for any new monster drop or skill to come out which you could buy. I'd only consider cashing out on Partyhats if you got enough for a set. What I think would be cool is if you got the most expensive outfit available, never seen one of those. I think it is:

Blue Partyhat

3a Plate

3a Legs

Ranger Boots

Obby Cape

Vesta Long

Divine SS

3a Ammy

Zerker Ring

...anything else I forgot.

But you are a hardcore monster hunter, so hold onto that Divine. :thumbup:

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

HI MR. LUCK MAN@@ :thumbsup:

I think you should stick with the Divine. If you got 800m cash already that should be enough insurance for any new monster drop or skill to come out which you could buy. I'd only consider cashing out on Partyhats if you got enough for a set. What I think would be cool is if you got the most expensive outfit available, never seen one of those. I think it is:

Blue Partyhat

3a Plate

3a Legs

Ranger Boots

Obby Cape

Vesta Long

Divine SS

3a Ammy

Zerker Ring

...anything else I forgot.

But you are a hardcore monster hunter, so hold onto that Divine. :thumbup:

I have a White and a Red already, so at current prices 800m is enough for the other 4 hats. However, they are unbuyable on GE, and will likely continue to rise. I'm hoping they crash hard, I cash out on them, then they rise like this again. Holding on to my Divine atm as it looks like people are still offering Phats and edibles for them on RSOF.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

there's a analysis on rsof and divine came out as the best, which I totally agree with (allthough the guy on rsof is a lil biased).

I read that. They compared the cost of ppots with Divine to food with Elysian, didn't they?

Well food can be stackable in the form of scrolls, and as far as I know prayer restoration cannot. Unless you count the 2 sgs specs per 5 minutes...but that's a bit of a stretch.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

there's a analysis on rsof and divine came out as the best, which I totally agree with (allthough the guy on rsof is a lil biased).

I read that. They compared the cost of ppots with Divine to food with Elysian, didn't they?

Well food can be stackable in the form of scrolls, and as far as I know prayer restoration cannot. Unless you count the 2 sgs specs per 5 minutes...but that's a bit of a stretch.

Divine is an additon to your stackable food, when that stackable food isn't enough to keep up.

If you got money, get divine. If not, then get Spectral. If not, then stick with Blessed spirit shield or DFS. (Prayer bonus of BSS is useful since you can use thick skin/rock skin/steel skin to replace defence stats of DFS)

My friends (also maxed combat) who use divine at armadyl usually don't need to use either prayer points or other supplies, Altar gives all the prayer they need. At this point I have to say that I don't need to use any supplies either with my spectral (if having really good 3 man team or normal good 4 man team). So prayer loss of DSS really means nothing there. Difference between using DSS and Spectral (or Elysian) is really usage of prayers. I use defencive prayers, while they can use offencive prayers, usually 5% or 10 %.

Lol, I don't know if you got anything what I tried to explain :P.

Divine went up another 20m. 421m now.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops: