The Vertigus! New Level 88 Slayer Monster; New Weapons!

Slayer_Jesse

Table of contents:

I: This post.

II: New Items

III: The Lance

IV: Ring of Eyes

RSOF QFC: 76-77-325-59375324

If you like it here, please support it there.

Credit given where Credit is due:

Hegra34 Came up wit the name

Hawkxs did all the concept art, and really brought this project to life, I'm very grateful to him for all teh work he did for me. (for free I might add!) If u see him, toss him a cookie :thumbsup:

Warning: This thread will be a little long.

Hey there! I have an idea for a new high lvl slay monster...

The Vertigus!

[hide=Description]A Monster that definitely isn't of this world, or possibly of this universe. It's a ly hunter, and you wouldn't want to meet one in a dark alley. It's eyes make you wonder if its even totally organic.

The Vertigus has a long, slender, tall neck, with 4 red eyes (one in each direction) mounted on a black ring, that can rotate and move up and down its neck. Also, each eye can move to any point on the ring.

It has 2 tentacle like arms, with 2 large [bleep]es on the ends, about 3 feet long. They are about 6 inches wide at the base, slimming down to a very fine point at the end.

Its body is like a snake's, with a [bleep]e at its tail, and six legs.

It's skin can camouflage like a chameleon. If its not using this ability, its skin is a dark sickly green.

Variations: Multiple smaller heads, some hover/spin.

Examine: What is this... Thing? Is this even from our dimension?[/hide]

[hide=Pic of monster]Concept_Art___finished_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Combat Statistics/Attributes]Slayer Level Required: 88

Combat level: 142

Main Combat Style: Stab Melee

Special effect: Can Hit for up to 75, can also occasionally hit thu protect from melee, if your constantly using it.

Max Hit: 21 (with correct item)

Range: (in tiles) 1-3.

Defense: Totally Immune to stabbing attacks, and crush attacks are slightly more accuare, but slash works fine too. Range Resistant.

Requires a Deflection Plate body to Kill it effectively. This armor prevents it from skewering you like a human shish-kabob, lowering its max hit from 75 to 21.

It's available from any slayer master for 100k.[/hide]

[hide=Drop List]Rune items:

Dagger

Short Sword

Spear

Halberd

Dragon:

Longsword (uncommon)

Halberd (rare)

Runes/arrows:

Fire (15-35-75)

Pure Essence (noted) (15, 100(rare))

Rune Arrows, 10

Dragon Arrow, 2 (rare)

Dragon Dart, 5 (rare)

Drops all herbs, with a tendency toward rannar. Not a frequent dropper however.

Gems, Half keys, Dragon left half.

Level 3 Clue Scrolls

Drops Mostly Crimson Charms.

Special

Vertigus' Arm

Ring of Eyes

Vertigus head, for mounting in your house.[/hide]

II: New items

[hide=Deflection Platebody]Requirements: 45 Defence, Dragon Slayer quest done.

Stats:

Offensive:

+ 5 Stab + 0 slash + 0 crush- 30 magic - 10 range

Defensive

+ 95 stab + 85 slash + 60 crush - 6 magic+ 85 range + 40 summoning.

As you can see, its based off the rune platebody. It looks different however. its between iron and steel in color, and has a large, angled piece of metal on the front that causes stabbing attacks to be deflected to the side, hence its name.

For Clarity's sake:

The Vertigus requires a Deflection Platebody to Kill it effectively. This armor prevents it from skewering you like a human shish-kabob, lowering its max hit from 75 to 21.

It's available from any slayer master for 100k.[/hide]

New Weapons: This is what we came here for! The monster's arm can be separated from its body... what good does this do us, you ask? well, if you have 70 crafting, you can chisel its arm [bleep]e down to something usable as a weapon. Take it to a grindstone to grind down the point to have it sharpened. You now have a Vertigus Piercer!

The arm is untradable, but the finished weapon is tradable.

Appearance: A slimmed down version of the creature's [bleep]e. about 2 feet long, and 7-8 inches wide, with striations like a drill would have. It would match the [bleep]es on barrows and dragon armor well.

[hide=Stats/Requirements]Needs 80 attack, and level 50 slayer.

Stab Attack: +95

Stab Defense: +10

Crush Defense: -15

Strength bonus: +75

One Handed.

Attacks:

Peirce: (Stab) Accurate style.

Thrust: (Stab) Aggressive style.

Prod: (Stab) Controlled style.

Pin Down: (Stab) Defensive style.

Special Attack: Skewer.

Bar Usage: 100%.

Effect: This attack will not miss, and will do atleast 10 damage.

Speed: Longsword (5 on the speed bar gauge.)

As you can see, this is an accurate stabbing weapon, but it sacrifices strength for it. However, this is NOT the only form of the weapon...[/hide]

III: The Lance

Fletch a pole out of 2 magic or yew logs. get some sinew, and lash the Piercer to the pole with it. You now have yourself a nice Vertigus Lance!

Requirements are same as above.

[hide=Combat stats]Stab Attack: +123

Crush Attack: +70

Stab Defense: +10

Slash Defense: +5

Crush Defense: -15

Strength bonus: +85

2 Handed.

Speed: Halberd (3 Bars)

Peirce: (Stab) Accurate style.

Thrust: (Stab) Aggressive style.

Smash: (Crush) Aggressive style.

Pin Down: (Stab) Defensive style.

Word of warning: The crush attack is for emergencies only. Over use may result in the pole breaking in combat, leaving you with the regular piercer.[/hide]

Abilities: Like the Halberd, This weapon is capable of hitting over a distance, and has an even longer reach, 3 spaces! However, UNLIKE the halberd, It can't hit over all obstacles. there are some things that will get in its way. Basically, if your in a spot where the accumulator can collect your arrows, you could hit it with the lance.

Special attack: Run Through (am I spelling this right?)

Bar Usage: 100%

Effect: If The enemy is 2 squares long/deep, damage is boosted 10%, and accuracy is boosted 30%.

If The enemy is 3 squares long/deep, damage is boosted 20%, and accuracy is boosted 50%.

If you get a running start at your opponent add 10% Damage bonus, and 20% Accuracy bonus.

If the opponent is not deep enough, The Piercers special is used.

Bonus: You can attach a banner to your lance, if you have a banner stand at your house. banner versions are untradable.

IV: Ring of Eyes

[hide=Ring of Eyes]Like the name suggests, the Ring of Eyes is a headband with 4 eyes on it. Its worn over your own eyes. Aside from looking cool, it gives some bonuses to accuracy...

Stab +7

Slash +5

Crush +3

Magic +4

Range +4

No defensive bonuses.

Operating it while worn will cause the eyes to scan 180 degrees to the right, then scan back to their start positions.

Examine: "Now you really DO have eyes in the back of your head!"

Alternate:"Eye see eeeeevvvvveeeererrryyyy thiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnggg......"[/hide]

Pic of guy wearing the platebody, wielding the piercer and lance:

Weapon_Armor_Concept_by_hawkxs.jpg

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

icpsna.jpg

Work in progress sketch of the monster, more finished version coming soon.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

Wow, looking good so far :) I support. Just a note though, you spelt slayer wrong in the title of your post :P

Err, I planned it that way! Yeah! :lol: (Does he buy it yet?)

Thanks for the support tho! :thumbsup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

Where's it located? What slayer level is required to kill it?

Other than that, why's it resistant to range? Things like that annoy me, there's nothing that's weak to range in this game. :wall:

Also, take out the attack bonus on the plate. Simply because no other armor has that.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I very rarely post in the suggestions forum, and even more rarely is it a positive post, but I actually like this idea. Could put the monster in the area around the Fishing platform, something like paddling out in one of the boats and a fight similar to that of the 3-tentacle/head monster from temple trekking, or on the other hand could put it in one of the underwater areas of the game.

Only criticism is that the name vertigus sounds like vertigo, and the creature looks more like a sea monster than a flying monster.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Where's it located? What slayer level is required to kill it?

Other than that, why's it resistant to range? Things like that annoy me, there's nothing that's weak to range in this game. :wall:

Also, take out the attack bonus on the plate. Simply because no other armor has that.

Its supposed to be on the roof of the slayer tower, and requires 88 slayer... i thought i put that in there? It must have gotten lost while i was transferring the post from RSOF... I'll be sure to add that info. It's range resistant because ranging isnt much different than stabbing. also, i wanted to make sure its hard to safespot his beast. and y take out the attack bonus? its only +5 stab attack, nothing dramatic.

I very rarely post in the suggestions forum, and even more rarely is it a positive post, but I actually like this idea. Could put the monster in the area around the Fishing platform, something like paddling out in one of the boats and a fight similar to that of the 3-tentacle/head monster from temple trekking, or on the other hand could put it in one of the underwater areas of the game.

Only criticism is that the name vertigus sounds like vertigo, and the creature looks more like a sea monster than a flying monster.

:thumbsup: thanks very much for your support. as for the name, i was stumped. my friend came up with Vertigus, and I loved it. That's the only reason why. lol.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

That's totally epic if I do say so myself. Here's a slightly updated WIP

[hide=]WIP_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide]

And I think I'ma do concept art of that armor and weaponry... 'Tis my favorite sort of concept art.

That's totally epic if I do say so myself. Here's a slightly updated WIP

[hide=]WIP_Concept_Art_by_hawkxs.jpg[/hide]

And I think I'ma do concept art of that armor and weaponry... 'Tis my favorite sort of concept art.

coolness, i was gonna ask you to concept it anyway O_O If you can have a man wearing the armor, holding the piercer in one hand, and the lance upright in the other, tha'd be great. (banner on the lance is optional.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

There is some possibility to this, but overall I HATE the idea of having to use crafting to make the weapon and such. Just have it drop the weapon as is. No need to overcomplicate things.

Post its secondary drops too, so we know how good it will be to kill just for loot.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Everything looks good except the spec. The aquanite spec can hit around 20, and something 30 levels high can hit 75? That would be murder.

That's only if your not wearing the right armor. its the same as any other slayer monster that pwns you because you didnt bring the right item.

The halberd version kind of sucks. For a speed-three weapon, 79 strength will ensure that it is never used. :?

Oh Contraire! It would be the PERFECT weapon for the corp beast, where accuracy counts more than strength. and the fact that it can hit 3 spaces instead of 2 can open up some possibilities, I'm sure.

Also, its a bit stronger than the current corp beast weapon, the zamorakian spear.

However, it does need a str boost so its not out done by the piercer when used with rune defender/DFS... :?

There is some possibility to this, but overall I HATE the idea of having to use crafting to make the weapon and such. Just have it drop the weapon as is. No need to overcomplicate things.

Post its secondary drops too, so we know how good it will be to kill just for loot.

I thought having to make a weapon for a change would be nice, and the level requirements arent that high, and are assistable.

For secondary loot i was thinking something like this:

[hide=]Rune items:

Dagger

Short Sword

Spear

Halberd

Dragon:

Longsword (uncommon)

Halberd (rare)

Runes/arrows:

Fire (15-35-75)

Pure Essence (noted) (15, 100(rare))

Rune Arrows, 10

Dragon Arrow, 2 (rare)

Dragon Dart, 5 (rare)

Drops all herbs, with a tendency toward rannar. Not a frequent dropper however.

Gems, Half keys, Dragon left half.

Level 3 Clue Scrolls

Drops Mostly Crimson Charms.

Vertigus head, for mounting in your house.[/hide]

Also, In realization what the peircer's stats would be with rune defender, iv'e buffed the lance. Let me know if its too strong now.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

I like the secondary drops, and I think the newly updated stats of the weapons are a lot better now. With halberd speed you want a weapon with decent power. I'm going say say good job on this. I'd love to see it as the level 88 Slayer Monster. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I like the secondary drops, and I think the newly updated stats of the weapons are a lot better now. With halberd speed you want a weapon with decent power. I'm going say say good job on this. I'd love to see it as the level 88 Slayer Monster. :)

Thank you kindly <3: I'm always open to suggestions, so don't keep them to yourself! ::'

EDIT: Finished concept art added.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

apparently changing the title was a mistake. Its now been fixed.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

no luv for me? :(

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

Wow, looking good so far :) I support. Just a note though, you spelt slayer wrong in the title of your post :P

:lol: no probs. I'll post my support on the RSOF soon. Also, the new pic you added looks pretty nice :D

disturbeda.png

:lol: no probs. I'll post my support on the RSOF soon. Also, the new pic you added looks pretty nice :D

thanksa bunch, and give hawkxs a cookie for the pic.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

Serious? He's doing artwork for my new armour set in my suggestion thread! :lol: He's doing an awesome job as well.

disturbeda.png

Serious? He's doing artwork for my new armour set in my suggestion thread! :lol: He's doing an awesome job as well.

cool stuff, he's nice like that. link me up?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

I like the concept, and I definitely like the concept of another slayer monster.

However, is there a chance you could suggest that Smithing be used somewhere in the piercer and/or lance? Because Smithing is truly pathetic right now.

Maybe having to smith a handle for the piercer, and smith the tying cables for the lance. Then making the chiseled-and-grinded versions tradable, along with bronze hilt, bronze thread/cable, iron hilt, iron thread/cable, etc. and make it so a certain Crafting/Smithing/what have you level is required to attach the hilt to the piercer. The hilted piercers would be tradable as well, with lower level reqs (and lower stats of course) for the ones with lower level hilts. Also make it drop a special piece of "barrow metal" that can only be smithed for the piercer/lance, but since it's special, it can be smithed at, oh, say, lvl 88 or so. And if the weapon changed color slightly along with the hilt, that would be cool as well.

My suggestion within a suggestion. I might just make a post with stats and lvl reqs for this stuff now, complete with concept art... curse you and making me desire to contribute! :evil: :lol:

a70c7.png

i agree smithing is pathetic, but this is one thing i didn't want to be smithed.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

oi, been away, bumped...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png