So, you think you can skill?

Bdvo89

What's up everyone?

I am 30k xp shy of my 90 Slayer goal and am then looking to polish my skills to a total level of 2,200.

Below are the stats I will be training (current level/goal)... I am an old school player who hasn't hit these skills in a long time so my way of training for fastest xp may be out of date..

I'm asking you at tip.it for some advice so I can reach my goal of all 80+ stats and 2,200 total (which you will be able to follow through my blog .. see link in signature)

Keep in mind I am old school rich (came back after 3 years with lots of rares) so the money aspect isn't as significant if I can make up for real fast xp

Bdvo89.png

Runecrafting 70/80 - ZMI

Agility 75/80 - Ape Atoll

Mining 75/80 - Granite in desert quarry

Hunting 70/80 - Red Chins (I hate sallys)

Summoning 70/80 - (Kent's guide ftw.)

Fishing 85/90 - Monks

Firemaking 85/90 - Yews

Theiving 85/90 - Pyramid Plunder

Farming 85/90 - Tree seeds + herbs

Construction 80/90 - Oak something lol

Thanks in advance!

Bdvo89.png

OL' SCHOOL CIRCA '01, YOU MAD BRO?

ZMI for Runecrafting; at your level, you'll profit.

Agility is still Ape Atoll until you can use the new advanced courses (which start at 85).

Powermining granite in the desert quarry is the best mining xp.

Red chins are the best moneymakers for Hunting, but the best xp is red salamanders until 80.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Don't forget your arctic bear while hunting, Lava Titan while mining, and granite lobster while fishing. I'd really get used to red salamanders, doing red chinchompas is honestly more annoying because they keep dismantling your traps, but I suppose with the summon it would be bearable.

randomkcopyq.png

You could upgrade from yews to magics for faster experience, but since yews are crashing they are the better option. Heavy rod & fly fishing in Shilo are more experience per hour than monkfiish (heavy rod being fastest). I imagine you are including Fruit trees for farming when you say "tree seeds", but if not be sure to (also Calquats). I believe Mahogany tables are around 500k xp/hr with SC hammers. You may want to use them rather than Oak larders for quick experience.

You can obtain SC hammers by playing Stealing Creation. You will gain faster points in a skilling focused SC clan as games only last 12-15 minutes rather than the usual 20 in normal games. Just check the RSOF for clans and their rules on playing these games.

Everything else seems to already have been stated with the most efficient methods.

Good luck on your goal. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Don't forget your arctic bear while hunting, Lava Titan while mining, and granite lobster while fishing. I'd really get used to red salamanders, doing red chinchompas is honestly more annoying because they keep dismantling your traps, but I suppose with the summon it would be bearable.

What exactly does each of those familiars do? The only one I have used so far is the Bunyip. Is there addition to the skill significant?

You could upgrade from yews to magics for faster experience, but since yews are crashing they are the better option. Heavy rod & fly fishing in Shilo are more experience per hour than monkfiish (heavy rod being fastest). I imagine you are including Fruit trees for farming when you say "tree seeds", but if not be sure to (also Calquats). I believe Mahogany tables are around 500k xp/hr with SC hammers. You may want to use them rather than Oak larders for quick experience.

You can obtain SC hammers by playing Stealing Creation. You will gain faster points in a skilling focused SC clan as games only last 12-15 minutes rather than the usual 20 in normal games. Just check the RSOF for clans and their rules on playing these games.

Everything else seems to already have been stated with the most efficient methods.

Barb fishing compared to Shilo? All I hear about is Barb fishing when it comes to Fishing and FAST xp. I have yet to do SC, how do I go about it?

What exactly is the clay hammer, and how easy is it to obtain?

When doing farming, I have only done magic trees and paid the farmer the coconuts.

Would farming fruits, wood, and herbs be suffice?

Thanks a lot guys!

I am at work now and can't wait to put this all together once I get home!

Bdvo89.png

I think it is worth training fishing by monkfish, they are around 35k xp per hour and you will profit from it. Barbarian Fishing is 50k xp and requires quite abit of attention.

Low_C.png

I think it is worth training fishing by monkfish, they are around 35k xp per hour and you will profit from it. Barbarian Fishing is 50k xp and requires quite abit of attention.

Dam, nice fishing xp.

You fish monks?

Bdvo89.png

I got 58k xp/hour barb fishing and paying quite a bit of attention (dropping the fish).

As for farming, farm pineapples/yews/snaps/calquat, you should break even, there's no need to waste money on farming if you're not trying to get the level fast anyway.

Make oak dungeon doors for construction.

The other methods sound okay, good luck!

2dvjurb.png

What exactly does each of those familiars do? The only one I have used so far is the Bunyip. Is there addition to the skill significant?

Arctic Bear improves your Hunter success rate as if you were 10 levels higher than you are. Lava Titan makes you mine quicker, also as if you were 10 levels higher than you are. Granite lobster improves your fishing speed by a small amount (as if you were 4 levels higher) and earns you extra profit by generating sharks and swordfish. You could also consider a fruit bat while doing pretty much anything, as just by having one out, it will generate fruit and fruit seeds that usually add up to about 15k added profit per hour without any additional effort. So you can use it while firemaking or constructing or whatever.

And you should definitely be doing barbarian heavy rod fishing instead of monkfish; if you're as rich as you say you are, you don't need the money from monkfish.

And you should definitely be doing barbarian heavy rod fishing instead of monkfish; if you're as rich as you say you are, you don't need the money from monkfish.

I bank or drop these?

Sorry, never did :(

Bdvo89.png

I bank or drop these?

Sorry, never did :(

Drop. And remember to use bait, not feathers...you'll save a little money.

Barb fishing compared to Shilo? All I hear about is Barb fishing when it comes to Fishing and FAST xp. I have yet to do SC, how do I go about it?

What exactly is the clay hammer, and how easy is it to obtain?

When doing farming, I have only done magic trees and paid the farmer the coconuts.

Would farming fruits, wood, and herbs be suffice?

Thanks a lot guys!

I am at work now and can't wait to put this all together once I get home!

Yeah, it's 55k+ experience per hour with Heavy Rod fishing, dropping the fish. You will have to pay attention for this reason. There is a tutorial for Stealing Creation. Simply talk to one the of NPC's at the game to go through it. Then play a couple games to get the hang of things. Generally you collect clay, make tools to collect clay faster, then either continue collecting clay and creating items (arrows/runes/scrolls are best stackables for skilling) and depositing these, or in a combat game you could choose to attack the enemy. The higher your stats, the better quality of clay you can collect. I'm about to leave work, so I won't go further into it. The tutorial should suffice. I'll even play some games with you when I get home, as I am addicted to Stealing Creation (combat games only though). The hammer is an item you can obtain with 20 SC points. You can easily gain 20-25 SC points per game, based on your score that game.

Definitely include fruit trees for farming. They are better gp/xp than trees. The only thing is they take over 14 hours to grow whereas normal trees generally take less time. Unless you are in a rush, you should not have a problem with this.

:thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png