Slayer Rewards?

squidsquash

OK so me and my friend are arguing about this. After the Smoking Kills quest, you are entitled to Slayer Rewards.

Do you get Slayer Points ever 4,8,10,12,16 and so on rewards? (Multiples of 4, plus the 10 and 50)

Or do you just get the Points every 4 10 and 50?

And also, can you use say Vanakka then switch to Summona for a task that will give you rewards to get 12 rewards from Summona or will you get the 4 points from Vanakka?

JacTheRipper.png

After the first 5 tasks(not from burthorpe or changing tasks there), you will start receiving points.The bonus tasks are every 10th and 50th, so 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100....you get the idea.Aslong as the master isn't the Burthorpe guy you will get points. You can switch from Vanakka to Sumona for the bonus points,there is no penalty for that.

From the tip.it Slayer guide:

To get points you must complete an entire slayer assignment. After you have done 5 tasks, slayer masters will start to give you points for every task you fully complete after that.

* Mazchna - 1 points

* Vannaka - 4 points

* Chaeldar - 10 points

* Sumona - 12 points

* Duradel - 15 points

If you Burthorpe any task, you will have to complete another 5 tasks again to start gaining points. You also gain additional points at every 10th and 50th task completed without changing. It is recommended to get a task from the highest slayer master you can use for the 10th and 50th task, to maximise your points.

Don't buy the xp.Get the helm, block as many tasks as possible then either buy the abilities to create different items or buy dart runes.Sell the deaths/minds to make money.DON'T buy xp.

Yes...don't buy experience, but I'd say get the helm creation first, then rings creation, then block tasks if you have to while picking up the final creation ability (broad bolts and arrows) and then after you've blocked all the tasks you hate, then start cashing in with Slayer dary runes.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Just thought I'd share the calculations on why the runes are better to buy than experience:

10,000xp = 400 points

250 deaths x 305

1000 minds x 10

= 86,250gp/35 points (to buy runes)

400points/35 (points needed to buy runes)

11 (rounded down)

11 x 86,250 = 948,750gp

So basically this shows that by using 400 points to buy runes you'd make 948,750gp. That amount of money is considered a lot better than 10k slayer experience.

On another note since you're 98 combat just keep using Sumona but when you reach 100 combat use Duradel for every 10/50th task.

I'd also recommend to buy the things in this order:

Slayer Helm Ability

Slayer Ring Ability

Block tasks you don't like

Broad Bolts Ability

After that just save your points and only spend them on cancelling tasks (only if you really have to) or runes.

it's worth saying the key is NEVER to burthorpe a task. You want to get to the 50th task as the points multiplier is awesome.

There's also a lot to be said for doing the easiest slayer masters (e.g. Vannaka) for tasks 1-9 and then do the highest slayer master you can handle for every tenth task (then repeat) as the multiplier applies to the LAST task you did, not the average over the last 10 etc. That way you increase the frequency of the 10x slayer points multipliers (as Vannaka's tasks are very quick) which gets you the most points the most quickly. Once you have your slayer helm then can do tasks as you would normally do them.

yon_hibernis.png

Getting the slayer ring/Broad bolts ability is only worth getting if you have the levels, or nearly have the level to craft/fletch them however....

Or you could use the magical "request assistance" feature. ;)

Best way I found was to block tasks as you go then slayer helm as soon as you can followed by rings.

The bolts and arrows are nice to have as well then after that just runes all the way. With Duradel is a guaranteed 15k per task or a great source of runes for barrows and DK's.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Getting the slayer ring/Broad bolts ability is only worth getting if you have the levels, or nearly have the level to craft/fletch them however....

Or you could use the magical "request assistance" feature. ;)

Not many people have that 75 crafting ability in members. It had been discussed. It's ridiculous to try and find people when you need them with the volume of rings you'll probably use.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]