Sam

How about 150x150 avatars for people over 4000 posts? I've seen it done on IPB forums, I don't see why I can't be done unless there isn't a mod for it.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

What makes post count more special? Someone could join and spam their way up to 4,000 in a few months, where-as there are decent posters who make good replies, but are slow in the quantity they post. I think it keeps it fairer that all members maintain the same limitations.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Avatars are big enough as they are. I don't see why they have to be even bigger. They function as to make you recognizable. Which they do fine with the current sizes.

Imo, those big pictures in avatars and sigs are extremely annoying when it comes to navigating in a topic. I'd rather see smaller limits than bigger limits.

What makes post count more special? Someone could join and spam their way up to 4,000 in a few months, where-as there are decent posters who make good replies, but are slow in the quantity they post. I think it keeps it fairer that all members maintain the same limitations.

These "spammers" make up a very small majority, to be honest.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

These "spammers" make up a very small majority, to be honest.

That's quite true, only 100ish people have more than 4000 posts. What I don't see is why bigger avatar sizes are necessary.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I agree with Rainy_Day and Bauke. First of all, what about people who mostly visit forums like BlogScape where post count isn't even counted? And secondly, I don't see a need to increase the size of avatars at all. I think that they're certainly big enough already.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

If you really feel the need, why not based on how long they've been a part of the forums? Say 3 years or more gets you a larger avatar. (though I don't see why avatar size was randomly picked as a 'reward')

Of course you would suggest to make the limit 4000 just as you pass it :)

Apart from spamming up the boards, (which isn't really a decent excuse as it would be hard to spam up the forums without getting warnings for crap posts), there really is no point in getting bigger avatars. People with more posts don't need anything special.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I don't think this is really a big deal. I know it sucks having to crop out images and such, and what's stopping people from asking for 200x200, 250x250 after they're changed? I say just leave them as they are. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

j0xPu5R.png