GCSE Results Thread - 27th August 09

Zeddude

Good Luck to everyone getting their GCSE's tommorow, I for one am extremely nervous and dreading it

I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully you achieve what you wanted to.

Post results and thoughts here.

To anyone that is not familiar

GCSE stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education

Its a academic qualification awarded in many different subjects.

Most Teenagers (15-16) take these examinations in the UK.

More info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Ce ... _Education

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

shadowsigzeddude-1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, getting mine tommorrow too...

I'm not nervous, as the time to worry was back then while taking the tests... There isnt much you can do to change the results now...

Although im interested in some of my results as I was very sick while taking them lol!

Luck be a Lady

I'm starting the courses next week. French, History and Drama \'

And good luck guys, hope you get the results you wanted!

As long as I get a B in maths and a C in english. I'm safe!

But this years Maths GCSE was so easy... I not even joking. I'm pretty sure many people can confirm this.

Luck be a Lady

Good luck all. I don't recall really being too bothered when I ventured to get my results, though I passed with mainly B grades anyway so was happy enough. My mother still had the cheek to say "Could have at least got one A..". :evil:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

But this years Maths GCSE was so easy... I not even joking. I'm pretty sure many people can confirm this.

Yeah I thought that too, I am a borderline C student in maths, so I got to choose whether I wanted to do the Foundation or Higher paper, but still, if it's easy and everyone found it easy, shouldn't that mean it's harder to get the better grades?

Anyway, that's the only result i'm really worried about.

You guys going on to 6th Form? Or going to college? And what're you all gonna do?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Yeah I thought that too, I am a borderline C student in maths, so I got to choose whether I wanted to do the Foundation or Higher paper, but still, if it's easy and everyone found it easy, shouldn't that mean it's harder to get the better grades?

Anyway, that's the only result i'm really worried about.

You guys going on to 6th Form? Or going to college? And what're you all gonna do?

I'm going to a 6th form with my old school. There will be less that 100 people there and maybe 60 of them are doing BTECS so the class sizes for the other students (me and others) will be like 10 or so to a class. Which is pretty epic.

But with the thing about it being harder to get higher grades.

If the questions are easier to answer, it's easier to get marks thus making it easier to obtain a higher grade, even though the grade bondaries are higher :D

Luck be a Lady

Bless I remember doing GCSEs. Good luck everyone.

Y'know though - GCSEs are easy compared to AS/A-level work. I managed to pass all my GCSEs with at least a C, mainly A's and B's, but for my AS results I only got a B,C,D,D :|

Don't be scared though, Sixth Form is better than Secondary, believe me.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Y'know though - GCSEs are easy compared to AS/A-level work. I managed to pass all my GCSEs with at least a C, mainly A's and B's, but for my AS results I only got a B,C,D,D :|

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. What subjects do you do?

Psychology, Sociology, English Literature and ICT.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm hopefully doing Psychology too, but tell me. Is it really as interesting as it sounds? I'll probably be the only boy in there too. :wall:

well, Skully you'd get all the girls then ;)

I'll be doing the IB diploma for my 6th form...

Biology higher, Chemistry higher, Psychology higher, german standard, maths standard, english standard. Yup, lots of work.

:D

What's an IB diploma?

We were only able to pick 4 things here. :?

Oh and if anyone really cares, I put down Psychology, Film Studies, Photography and Religious Studies (Which I want to change to iMedia)

well, Skully you'd get all the girls then ;)

I'll be doing the IB diploma for my 6th form...

Biology higher, Chemistry higher, Psychology higher, german standard, maths standard, english standard. Yup, lots of work.

:D

What's an IB diploma?

We were only able to pick 4 things here. :?

Oh and if anyone really cares, I put down Psychology, Film Studies, Photography and Religious Studies (Which I want to change to iMedia)

The international Baccblahblah. It's more prestigious than A-levels. And my school is only offering the IB and BTECS.

Oh btw, will you guys be posting your grades when you get them :D

Luck be a Lady

Yep, getting mine tomorrow too. I'm a bit worried, but mostly impatient. Just want to get GCSE's out of my head!

True, it was ridiculously easy. Then again, my courses next year are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. It's either going to be really good or a nightmare. :?

I will post my results tomorrow ::'

Oh yeah... sorry this is kind of offtopic but did anyone take RS gcse? Cos I'm doing it (it's compulsory :x ) and... what's it like?

Good luck guys, and don't sweat it too much. Uni's don't care for them that much anymore, it's not the end of the world whatever happens with them. A-levels were much more important (can't believe that's all behind me now).

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'm hopefully doing Psychology too, but tell me. Is it really as interesting as it sounds? I'll probably be the only boy in there too. :wall:

You'd be surprised. Psychology is probably slightly more popular with the girls but it's a very popular subject and you do get boys :P

Some of it IS interesting, we did Autism, Gender, Social Facilitation, Conformity, Memory & Forgetting and Research Methods in our first year. Research methods is the most boring drivel ever. Especially if you did statistics at Secondary. They're like the same thing T_T

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Oh yeah... sorry this is kind of offtopic but did anyone take RS gcse? Cos I'm doing it (it's compulsory :x ) and... what's it like?

Yeah, it was compulsory for me. It's not too bad, just take the necessary notes and you'll be fine. Just hope that you have a good teacher.

Residua.png

Well, I found it pretty dull, Some theory needed but the test is easy enough. Just read the questions before deciding what questions to do if VERY VERY important.

Luck be a Lady

I'm so glad I did Maths a year early (IGCSE) and I got 98% and 94% in my papers so that was an easy A*. Now I just need As in Double Science otherwise I'm not really fussed what I get.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tension D:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!