70 Fletching still not much money??

darcsoul88

I was under the impresion that once I got to lvl 70 I would be making good money......well how do I do it? I fail to see the reason of working so hard to get to 70 when I could have just picked flax from day one and made a killing. What is better smithing cannonballs or using 70 fletching for profit?

Can someone help me how do I make money with 70 fletching?

I guess we are on the same boat. I am currently training from 70-77 for seers 3.

Making yew longs and sell back to GE makes 50gp per bow right? However buying yew logs are not that easy.

I got my 5k bow strings in half a day but I only got 5k yew logs after one day. However, yew longs do sell in GE, so it does make some money. Hope this helps.

I haven't trained fletch in atleast a year or two, so it's possible that there's some new method of fletching for cash...

However, from what I remember, fletch is only really profitable if you gather all the materials yourself, although you'd actually make more money if you just sold the raw materials instead of fletching it into something.

If you're looking for a moneymaking skill, sorry but fletching isn't it. Try a gathering skill instead, like wc, fish, or hunt.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

I haven't trained fletch in atleast a year or two, so it's possible that there's some new method of fletching for cash...

However, from what I remember, fletch is only really profitable if you gather all the materials yourself, although you'd actually make more money if you just sold the raw materials instead of fletching it into something.

If you're looking for a moneymaking skill, sorry but fletching isn't it. Try a gathering skill instead, like wc, fish, or hunt.

Fletching IS profitable... Materials are much cheaper now.

So 400+ yew logs are cheaper than 250gp yew logs?

• 5 months later...

So 400+ yew logs are cheaper than 250gp yew logs?

bump

From my experience with fletching: it can bring you money, but don't expect big loads of cash.

I bought the strings and unstrung yewbows, and string them. When I'm done, I sell them in ge for mid price.

They always sell, and I gain a few 100K profit.

So you CAN make money, although you need thousands of bows to string before you can see the real money comes in.

The skill isn't moneydrain at all, offcourse, if you want to level fast, use magics, and you will burn through cash like a bank nowadays.

If you want good money, don't use fletching. It will gain profit, but the rate is slow.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Make broad bolts. Its a nice little profit per day and its fletching exp. Use the profit to buy logs.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

This topic is from september and the OP has only posted once since then to bump the topic... I'd say you guys are getting trolled.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Um am I missing something? As far as I know, profit from Fletching is pretty strait forward...

Yew logs are 454gp as of now, and bowstrings are 222gp. Lew longs sell for 710gp. Lets do the math:

454 + 222 = 676

676 < 710

710 - 676 = 34gp per bow

These prices are from February 18, 2010. Yes, the prices change, but if you buy when yews are about 450, all you have to do is sell the yew longs when the price is enough to give profit, which is most of the time.

Hope this clears things up...

Please visit my new account found

here for stats and other info.

My New Account