The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that on Engadget and it is kinda ridiculous imo. You can always buy the $299 version and upgrade your harddrive later at your own cost and you really don't need 250GB unless your download a lot (and I mean a lot) or have a massive library of games.

tFtfA.jpg

I just saw that on Engadget and it is kinda ridiculous imo. You can always buy the $299 version and upgrade your harddrive later at your own cost and you really don't need 250GB unless your download a lot (and I mean a lot) or have a massive library of games.

Eh, it's not like you have to buy it. There's probably a lot of people out there who would want a 250GB hard drive but maybe wouldn't necessarily want to put their own in.

Just bought Uncharted 2! Time for some fun...

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

This things damn good.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

PS3 Media Server

PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.

Current features

Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.

Real-time video transcoding of MKV/FLV/OGM/AVI, etc.

Direct streaming of DTS / DTS-HD core to the receiver

Remux H264/MPEG2 video and all audio tracks to AC3/DTS/LPCM in real time with tsMuxer when H264 is PS3/Level4.1 compliant

Full seeking support when transcoding

DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder

OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding

Thumbnail generation for Videos

You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!

Simple streaming of formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG)

Display camera RAWs thumbnails (Canon / Nikon, etc.)

ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders

Support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb

Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer

Podcasts audio/ Video feeds support

Basic Xbox360 support

FLAC 96kHz/24bits/5.1 support

Windows Only: DVR-MS remuxer and AviSynth alternative transcoder support

k9999-crazyarm.gif

This things damn good.

http://code.google.c...ps3mediaserver/

PS3 Media Server

PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.

Current features

Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.

Real-time video transcoding of MKV/FLV/OGM/AVI, etc.

Direct streaming of DTS / DTS-HD core to the receiver

Remux H264/MPEG2 video and all audio tracks to AC3/DTS/LPCM in real time with tsMuxer when H264 is PS3/Level4.1 compliant

Full seeking support when transcoding

DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder

OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding

Thumbnail generation for Videos

You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!

Simple streaming of formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG)

Display camera RAWs thumbnails (Canon / Nikon, etc.)

ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders

Support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb

Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer

Podcasts audio/ Video feeds support

Basic Xbox360 support

FLAC 96kHz/24bits/5.1 support

Windows Only: DVR-MS remuxer and AviSynth alternative transcoder support

What's this supposed to do? Do you install it on your PS3?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I just use TVersity, it works fine. Looks like this one has some applications like mxv2vob or tsMuxer built in to do live streaming of .mkv files, but I never stream HD live that is being transcoded anyways. I always transcode to what I need (usually just go with .vob), and sometimes I will even move the file to the PS3 before playing it.

EDIT: I never liked that the PS3 couldn't play .mkv files (or whatever is inside them, I think they are just a container) natively.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

In theory, its excellent, however I've found that the real time transcoding of very high res video just isnt fast enough, and stutters far too much to be watchable.

I use PS3Mediaserver for my 360 (Don't ask, lol) and it works awesome. No lag at all transcoding videos.

I needed to get subtitles to stream to my PS3, so after 4 hours of trying to get TVersity to do it I gave up and decided to try out the PS3MediaServer mentioned above. Wow, it only took like 15 minutes before I was watching the movie (downloading/installing java took the longest) with subtitles. Awesome, not going to use TVersity ever again.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm having troubles with getting the media server to work. Are you just suppose to just turn on your playstation and run the program and it works?

if it doesnt work straight away there are some settings you can tweak, I'm not sure how though, since mine just worked straight away.

Tk5SF.png

1. PS3 Media Server does not appears on XMB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, you need to make sure UPNP network discovery is enabled on your computer. On Windows XP, it's a service called "SSDP Network Discovery", on Vista, it's just called "Network Discovery". More infos here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/02/12/turn-on-and-enable-upnp-or-network-discovery-in-windows-vista/http://www.bitwiseim.com/wiki/index.php?title=Using_UPnP_on_Windows_XP#Enabling_UPnP_in_Windows_XP

If it's the case, you may have a problem with your router, have you enabled port forwarding ? The default port of the application is 5001. You can also try to change this default port, or force the IP of your computer in the "General configuration" Tab (you need to restart, after modified and saved values) Also, the application isn't exempt of bug, see Help at the end of this file.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

I have a job interview Saturday morning (YIPEE!) So I'll hopefully get the job and be able to get a PS3 because I like all the consoles, but I tend to lean more toward Sony.

I AM ON THE PATH TO MGS4!

QUESTION: Does the PS3 have full backward compatibility? Could I trade in my PS2 to unclutter my entertainment center when I get a PS3?

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

QUESTION: Does the PS3 have full backward compatibility? Could I trade in my PS2 to unclutter my entertainment center when I get a PS3?

Sadly no. There have been like 10 different models so far, the first ones had backwards compatibility but the recent ones only for PS1 games.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg