Girl issues...advice?

nslfoot

Ok, ive known this gal (we'll call her Amanda) sience my sophmore year in high school, ive liked her sience then--shes got that bad girl personality blah blah i wont go into that. Anyway shes been goin out with this guy pretty much sience then(we'll call him Zach), its my senior year now. Zach is a real good friend'a mine, were both captains on our football team.

For the past couple months i've had Advanced Bio with Amanda...we were starting to become a lil more "friendly" with eachother. Well the other day she straight up told me she had a crush on me. This is bad cuz' she is still going out with Zach. I dunno what the hell to do :? ...either way im gonna look like a jerk. What would you do?

-NsL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* Like my granddad used to say, "Women, can't live with them. Can't live without them"

Just tell her that you wouldnt cheat on your friend, and if she doesnt care...well, whats to say she's not using you, or if she cheats on you If you get together with her.....

Well the only senerio were you won't end up loseing anything is if Zach and Amanda break up then you start dateing Amanda a few months later. And then theres only a small chance Zach won't get angry at you (If he does it probably won't be for long)

So are you dommed? Most likely

If she's willing to cheat on him, she won't stop from cheating on you.

I like your logic, (also like your sig) but I've never thought of it that way. But hey, I'm 14. Hot girls lead me.

But yeah, back on topic... I would stay stationary for a while, see how she'll advance. But I wouldn't cheat on a best mate. Just wait and see, say she's nice and stuff and you really like her... Be affectionate if she comes onto you. But don't just confront her.

Anyways, that's my little romance speech over.

//Mitch

New sig to come!

If she's willing to cheat on him, she won't stop from cheating on you.

I agree.

Ask yourself this: Do you think she's worth losing a friend over?

Aye, that's exactly what I thought, just couldn't explain it all that well.

//Mitch

New sig to come!

You guys are right- Im just gonna see how it goes. If she keeps it up im just gonna ask her what her intentions (spelling?) are. Ill update ya'll next week and tell you how it goes, thankz for the advice folks :)

Ok, ive known this gal (we'll call her Amanda) sience my sophmore year in high school, ive liked her sience then--shes got that bad girl personality blah blah i wont go into that. Anyway shes been goin out with this guy pretty much sience then(we'll call him Zach), its my senior year now. Zach is a real good friend'a mine, were both captains on our football team.

For the past couple months i've had Advanced Bio with Amanda...we were starting to become a lil more "friendly" with eachother. Well the other day she straight up told me she had a crush on me. This is bad cuz' she is still going out with Zach. I dunno what the hell to do :? ...either way im gonna look like a jerk. What would you do?

-NsL

I'm probably going to go against a lot of people's opinion here and say do whatever you feel is best. It might not always be in the best interest to reject her only because she is going with your friend, friendships and the feelings involved change all the time especially at that age.

She has a crush on you and if I were in your shoes, I would offer to go out with her and do things with her (maybe you guys are mature enough to realise that going out with people doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean you are dating), maybe she will get over it or maybe not. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not like your stealing his wife away from him or anything; youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in high school relationships in that stage of your life barely work out.

(maybe you guys are mature enough to realise that going out with people doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean you are dating), maybe she will get over it or maybe not. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not like your stealing his wife away from him or anything; youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in high school relationships in that stage of your life barely work out.

I dont understand two things

1: What do you mean by going out with someone dosent mean dating? If you go out like say to the movies or something, sure thats going out, and not dating, only if casual. If its cause two people love eachother, then its a date.

2. Why do you keep saying (This and the other relationship advice thread) That high school is nothing, and that being in high school basicly makes Dumb to realationships. Ive seen over the past two year, probably about 2 couples at my school that are still together, some fromw hat i hear go back past the two years i have been there.

High school is the best place to begin datting.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

maybe u dont like her anymore. u said u liked her since who knows wehn. but r u sure that u still like her? or r u just telling ur self that ur like her since thasts how it has always been?

me personally wouldnt ever want to go out with a friends ex. im not into sloppy seconds.

maybe u dont like her anymore. u said u liked her since who knows wehn. but r u sure that u still like her? or r u just telling ur self that ur like her since thasts how it has always been?

me personally wouldnt ever want to go out with a friends ex. im not into sloppy seconds.

Its not anything even close to that, yah i still like her- you just get used to 2 people going out so you dont even think of the girl in that way.

Death_By_Pod wrote:

(maybe you guys are mature enough to realise that going out with people doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean you are dating), maybe she will get over it or maybe not. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not like your stealing his wife away from him or anything; youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in high school relationships in that stage of your life barely work out.

i dont get what your saying there either "high school relationships" why does it matter our age? We're both 18 so we are legally adults :roll:

anyway, ive never talked to her on the phone before so we dont even have eachothers phone numbers. she called me about a half hour ago just to ask if we won our football game :roll: ... *looks outside* it must be a full moon or somthing, people are acting weird.

You guys are right- Im just gonna see how it goes. If she keeps it up im just gonna ask her what her intentions (spelling?) are. Ill update ya'll next week and tell you how it goes, thankz for the advice folks :)

If you guys start hanging out make sure she breaks up with Zach first. Cheating is not cool. Dumping someone for someone else isen't cool as well. Don't let zach know until like a c ouple months later and later if you guys do end up going out don't hang out with zach while you're with her: exs=uncool.

I dont understand two things

1: What do you mean by going out with someone dosent mean dating? If you go out like say to the movies or something, sure thats going out, and not dating, only if casual. If its cause two people love eachother, then its a date.

2. Why do you keep saying (This and the other relationship advice thread) That high school is nothing, and that being in high school basicly makes Dumb to realationships. Ive seen over the past two year, probably about 2 couples at my school that are still together, some fromw hat i hear go back past the two years i have been there.

High school is the best place to begin datting.

1. I mean casual events not dating (not for a private relationship).

2. So how many years have they been together out of high school? And how many other relationships (including everyone else in the year) have failed in that period? High school relationships are not completely useless as they do provide experience but if you seriously expect a deep and long lasting relationship to form during a period over which you mentally mature, you have to be either (really) old fashioned or crazy. Sure it could happen but the likelihood that you both develop in a way which you can still relate to and love is rather small and any occurrence I would regard as a freak (being lucky) case.

People do not have the mind set that they need to find someone and settle with them, women have more freedoms are less likely to find the nearest man to marry. It is expected in society that women spend time single rather then a shotgun wedding to save face in their community. Marriages resulting from high school sweat hearts are a thing from years gone by.

i dont get what your saying there either "high school relationships" why does it matter our age? We're both 18 so we are legally adults :roll:

Well, You said youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve known here from sophomore year (you specifically stated the year) rather then the generic term of high school, you state it's your senior year now (which I'm guessing isn't your final year of college), you are a captain of a football team (most people who go to college go because of academia and focus on this rather then their sporting achievements), you fail to spell simple words which could have been avoided if you used a spell checker and most important of all you are asking an internet forum for dating advice. From this I can conclude that you are indeed high school students and therefore the relationships you have in high school are high school relationships. Pretty simple huh?

It doesn't matter if your 18, do you think your body magically switches of and you turn into an adult. Being 18 is a legal requirement, not a biological one since your question fall's in the biological realm rather then the legal I will focus on your mental maturity and biological development which means your age matters.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅAdolescence is the transitional stage of development between childhood and full adulthood, representing the period of time during which a person is biologically adult but emotionally not at full maturity. The ages which are considered to be part of adolescence vary by culture. In the United States, adolescence is generally considered to begin around age 12-13, and end at 17-18. By contrast, the World Health Organization (WHO) defines adolescence as the period of life between 10 and 20 years of age.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

The real question that everyone is missing is....Which type of football? I mean like....Football(American) or Football(every other country in the world pretty much)?

Anyway, I'm with those that say that if she's cheating on this 'Zach', what will stop her from cheating on you...

I've known a few ppl in my day who have been in it 'for the fun of it'....which isnt smart in my opinion...If you're going to be in anything at all, make sure its sincere on both sides of the gender divide....

One of the major things it boils down to is if you're ready to date period...I know that sounds stupid, and you may be correct in saying that you ARE ready and that you CAN have a good relationship with a girl, and have it be serious and meaningful...Thats what I charge you with at least.

J272

Thankz for the advice people

To Death_By_Pod:

I dont wanna be rude but please dont correct my spelling, i mean come on, if u (

For the record-yes i'm in high school and yes i play "American football" sorry if that was confusing to you guys. :P

Today was a hectic day for me in tearms of this situatation. Today when i seen her, she was being kind of stand-offish. Later in the day, she broke up with zach :shock: , i didn't really say anything becuase i didnt wanna be dragged in to the crap-storm. After school, she called me once again (keep in mind i still dont know where she got my phone number) we had this conversation for about 2 hours. She pretty much said she was sick of Zach and she sees us in a relationship very soon. I told her that i wanted to wait a while to do anything because i didnt want Zach to get ticked off.

mm, we'll see how the next few days go.

Look, You are a senior, you will be going to college very soon, at that point in time you won't be seeing Zach. However, you can still get the benefit of dating Amanda, and if you two hit it off well enough Love will break distance, male friendships wont.

Bro, I think Zach will understand and get over it, as in find another girl. You should take this opportunity now while you have it. I mean, it sounds like she is almost throwing herself at you. I know you may feel/seem somewhat insensative, but that is live.

I told her that i wanted to wait a while to do anything because i didnt want Zach to get ticked off.

How did she respond to you saying that?

J272

P.S. wanna answer my question too? :wink:

I told her that i wanted to wait a while to do anything because i didnt want Zach to get ticked off.

How did she respond to you saying that?

J272

P.S. wanna answer my question too? :wink:

She definatly understood, we are now offically an item after a long talk tonight but we aint gonna go public, for obvious reasons.

I know her well enough and i've seen her with zach to know she isnt a cheater, I mean i know she kinda cheated with liking me and all but, i think i wanna take a risk and see how it goes. We've talked so much lately that i know its sincere. I feel very confident going into this relationship

To Cynical1- I totally agree with everything you said, im comming to realize that i have nothing to feal guilty about, bassicaly she chose me :wink: .

welp folks im gonna go, ill keep ya'll posted

-NsL