[Help Wanted!] Mining: A Complete Guide

Zaaps1

No. I used the Explorer's ring cabbage port from the guild, ran to the bank in Draynor, ported back to the cabbage patch and ran back to the guild from there. I can get some runes and try again, but I don't know how much faster porting to Fallador would be as most of the time was spent mining and very little time was spent running back and forth (even without using the teleports).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, If you could try it with Falador teleport that would be great, since it's always been the faster method in my experience and I'd like to have the numbers for that method. Thanks again!

Maybe I'm just bad at PK'ing (I'm a lover, not a fighter :lol:), maybe I've had a run of bad luck with the mine, maybe it's karmic retribution for all the Hobgoblins I killed while training combat. Who knows? For me, the small amount of extra Xp per hour isn't worth the hassle.

It's not that hard to avoid/lure or kill the hobogoblins, and you can eliminate the revenants by logging on a bh +1 world. I just wore a rune pickaxe, nothing else, and I did just fine.

I've mined there for 2 hours and saw no pkers, at all. You were just unlucky.

Maybe I should have said this is only effective if you're mid-high leveled...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of those results I promised you zaaps:

Sinkhan

Method: Picatoris iron mine with Kyatt and Dueling rings

Average Run for a Full Inventory: 98 seconds (1 minute, 38 seconds). This translates to roughly 1018 ores per hour, or 35636 XP per hour.

I timed this from the moment I clicked on a rock to the point that I ran back rock outcropping after the kyatt teleport. I made a total of 28 runs, but could have done maybe 1 or 2 more if i didn't pause to record my times and perhaps concentrated a little more.

Equipment:

Rune Pick

Varrock Armour 3

Rune defender

Boots of lightness

Spottier Cape

Dueling Ring

Glory

Results: To be perfectly honest, I'm not too pleased with the run I did. I fumbled around with the timer a lot and made a lot of misclickings. As such, my average ores mined/banked per hour is pretty off from my individual timed runs.

I'll do another proper run where I simply leave the timer on for the entire duration of a kyatt, but I'm confident that the 1018 ores per hour is a pretty good figure.

I'm waiting for conclusive data on the matter before I will say that it is worth or worth not using. Yes, though, I'm still developing this.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but here I go ;p

Forum Name: Xanotex

Desired Name for Credits: Xanotex

Method (1): Concentrated Gold

Equipment (1):Dragon pickaxe, Varrock armour 3, War tortoise

Results (1): 49,687 xp

Might've been a bit slacking, I might get you new results if needed :)

You can always contact me if you want anything tested, I'm 85 mining and I can do some testings for you if nobody else wants to.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Great! Thanks for your contribution! I'm planning on breaking down all the xp rates soon. If you could test another method, that would be great, but atm I don't think it's necessary.

Forum Name: Misplacedme

Desired Name for Credits:

Method (1): Concentrated Gold

Equipment (1): Rune Pick, Spottier cape, Boots of lightness

Results (1): 20 mins : 217 ores. 14105 Experience. Extrapolated to 1 hour: 651 ores. 42315 exp

~M

No familiar mpm? Thanks for getting the data! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the thread I was talking to you about in game. Posts 6-9 are about the superheating method, which can be done at the same speed as mining normally, just with magic and smithing xp as well.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Great, thanks!

I am going to add that when I get the chance, thanks!

Sinkhan

Method: Picatoris iron mine with Kyatt and Dueling rings

Equipment:

Rune Pick

Varrock Armour 3

Rune defender

Boots of lightness

Spottier Cape

Dueling Ring

Glory

Run 1:

Total Time Taken: 00:50:26

Total xp gained in this time was 28175. This ramps up to about 33810xp per hour. Ores mined was 798, which is about 957 ores per hour.

Run 2:

Total Time Taken: 00:50:14

Total xp gained in this time was 27300. This ramps up to about 32760xp per hour. Ores mined was 780, which is about 936 ores per hour.

These runs were a little cleaner as I just observed values when my kyatt was summoned and when it disappeared. Note that the world that I did these runs on were a little less full than the one I did the first run on.

My next set of runs will test the ardy cape method. Would a t-bird be the best familiar to use here?

I agree, although I'm certain it would be faster with a terrorbird.

Thanks for that data! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know, Sara Brews only heal 592 HP at 99. Thats almost 3 sharks, not 5 seeing as they only heal 200. A friend pointed it out to me while reading the guide.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Alright, thanks for pointing that out.

Forum Name: 3PointMan

Desired Name for Credits: 3 Point Man

Method (1): Powermining Iron , Ardy East

Equipment (1): Dragon Pickaxe

Results (1): 33k Xp/Hr over the course of 8 hours, two days in a row.

Method (2): Banking Concentrated Coal

Equipment (2): Dragon Pickaxe

Results (2): 36k Xp/Hr and about 230k Profit / Hr (WORLD 84)

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Thank you for the data :)

Forum Name: 3PointMan

Desired Name for Credits: 3 Point Man

Method (1):Banking Concentrated Gold

Equipment (1): Dragon Pickaxe

Results (1): 41,200 Xp/Hr, no Familiar. Taken over the course of 10 hours, 2 days in a row.

Experience to cash is APPROXIMATELY 1:5 Ratio, Respectively.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

• 2 weeks later...

Archive of Wisdom before completion? That in itself is a record, nevertheless your 3 other guides in here.

Congratulations! I'm always looking for ways to improve runite ores/hour, so any more hints are very appreciated.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.