Mechscape is going to destroy runescape.

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

After 1k posts of trolling and acting stupid in the OT Hex decides to be hated by almost everyone in Rants forum too?

Oh god...

I am looking forward to Mechscape, and if Mechscape ends up being a succes, more profit to Jagex will only benefit Runescape. Wonder why everyone think Mechscape will be Runescape's doomsday -.-

1.5k actually.

People think Mechscape will destroy Runescape because then people will go running towards Mechscape and abandoning Runescape. That is just flawed logic...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5k actually.

People think Mechscape will destroy Runescape because then people will go running towards Mechscape and abandoning Runescape. That is just flawed logic...

Even better when people said that FunOrb was going to destroy Runescape. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon. What an ignoranimus."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ok heres what I think; Mechscape will be a great new game, it will incourage more people to come back to Jagex and be an overall sucess. The problem that I see however is that they've said:

"There won't be grinding to get skills" and "It will be completly diffrent from runescape"

What I deduct from from the first thing is basically that the skill system will be different, I know that thats not important at the moment but i'll elaborate later in the post........

Ok, i'll just be frank about it. From what i've heard about mechscape it seems to be exactly like runescape but with differant systems for XP and bieng in the future. What I think about it is that its simply going to try and get more users hooked in to it but without the RWT problem. if there is something from the start barely anyone can complain about it.

Sorry if that made no sense.

meatlover.png

Ok heres what I think; Mechscape will be a great new game, it will incourage more people to come back to Jagex and be an overall sucess. The problem that I see however is that they've said:

"There won't be grinding to get skills" and "It will be completly diffrent from runescape"

What I deduct from from the first thing is basically that the skill system will be different, I know that thats not important at the moment but i'll elaborate later in the post........

Ok, i'll just be frank about it. From what i've heard about mechscape it seems to be exactly like runescape but with differant systems for XP and bieng in the future. What I think about it is that its simply going to try and get more users hooked in to it but without the RWT problem. if there is something from the start barely anyone can complain about it.

Oh, okay. Well don't worry then. They are changing they way mechscape plays so hopefully it will not be a Runescape clone, and it will draw a different crowd.

I would like to point out though that this entire thread is like counting your chickens before they've hatched.

Prism_Swords.png

It is sad when you have to explain your original post twice, and both times you explain it it has nothing to do with the ideas presented in the original.

Quit while your ahead kid.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Oh, okay. Well don't worry then. They are changing they way mechscape plays so hopefully it will not be a Runescape clone, and it will draw a different crowd.

I would like to point out though that this entire thread is like counting your chickens before they've hatched.

Its actually more like counting the chickens that might have been. Because jagex canceled mechscape this week.

LNYvk.png

Ok heres what I think; Mechscape will be a great new game
Mechscape is going to be a pile of [cabbage]

it will incourage more people to come back to Jagex and be an overall sucess.
Mechscape will draw players away from runescape

it seems to be exactly like runescape but with differant systems for XP and bieng in the future.
the only thing you will be able to do is buy from NPC's and no-one wants that as we all know.

What I think about it is that its simply going to try and get more users hooked in to it but without the RWT problem.

1) there will be a really small bit of player interaction

2) it will be all "pay real life cash for this, Pay real life cash for that"

It's in your best interest to just stop now, put your tail between your legs, and pretend this thread never existed.

Next time consider either editing your original post so people like me can't put up these comparisons and make you look like an uneducated crybaby, or plot out your rants on a word editor before you mindlessly hit the submit button, ensuring that your opinions are actually consistent throughout just one thread.

And as I said before: Keep this thread open. It's rare that we get stupid of this caliber, and I'd like to see Hex continue to spin himself a deeper grave.

If consistency were sentient, it wouldemot-suicide.gifafter reading the OP.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Its actually more like counting the chickens that might have been. Because jagex canceled mechscape this week.

O rly?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/249543-mods-merge-this-with-the-other-topic-please/page__st__40

Prism_Swords.png

O rly?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/249543-mods-merge-this-with-the-other-topic-please/page__st__40

Yarly I am being quite pedantic here but this about mechscape not stellar dawn. Though I guess the same concepts apply... :unsure:

LNYvk.png

You still haven't given up?

And now you're completely changing your arguments? Nice one.

Just stop posting in the thread and let it die or edit your opening post so it doesn't contradict what you say. Just admit that you've been spouting [cabbage] instead of trying to cover up after you realised you couldn't back up your arguments and claims.

I personally believe he thinks this is a joke. I also think he is a post-count [bleep] who is only doing this because he wants to +1 his already idiotically large post count.

I think he meant it to be a so-called "serious" rant. I mean, a person with such low intellectual capability like him wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a good rant and a crappy rant.

But after he got his [wagon] flamed off the thread, he decided to cover up by making some excuses and posting some extra crap to make himself look less bad.

It obviously backfired since just about every intelligent poster saw through his plan. He decides to change his arguments, but Omali quoted his posts, showing the lack of consistency and all his contradictory statements.

I wonder what he's going to come up with next.

I also think he is a post-count [bleep] who is only doing this because he wants to +1 his already idiotically large post count.

No matter what he will not beat my 103 posts in a day. :twss:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

And dammit learn there/their/they're uses, what a semicolon, its/it's, as well as capitalizing proper nouns and the beginning of sentences...

Really, I'm not usually a "Grammar Nazi", but seriosuly, 18 grammatical errors in a single post is unreasonable.

You are not allowed to be a Grammar Nazi until you can type perfectly, all the time.

You really don't have any concrete information to support your claims. You seem to be just basing them off your opinions based on the very limited amount of information available. That's not a very smart thing to do.

But hey, you could be right. We don't know. You could be painfully wrong. I reckon we'll find out sooner or later.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Mmm well i think the majority of RS players will stay with RS purely because for senior players, (as in people who have played for a long time), it holds a certain sentimental value for them.

mkhsvm.jpg

Wilderness Guardians Event Leader - [email protected]

/// WG Forums /// /// WG Memberlist ///

Mmm well i think the majority of RS players will stay with RS purely because for senior players, (as in people who have played for a long time), it holds a certain sentimental value for them.

I don't think you needed to point out to us what senior means.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

When I started playing Runescape was not nearly as popular as it was now, so for me, if it draws people away I am all for it :) can't wait to get back to a smaller population. And fewer updates might not be such a bad thing. I havn't been excited about an update since 2006. But I hear Mechscape is aimed at an older audience than Runescape is, so the kiddies will try it, not like it, and undoubtedly come back to Runescape =\

-Vally

valdreg666.png

Valdreg666.gif

I don't think you needed to point out to us what senior means.

What's that sonny? Type louder, this dang hearing aid doesn't work like it used to.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sorry...HEY, THESE YOUNGSTERS THESE DAYS EXPLAINING WHAT SENIOR MEANS!

Glitched size 7 font?

You might as well call me a post count freak as well. But I am actually sensible with my posts.

@Hextriplet: I give you a challenge. Try making 100 posts in one day, WITHOUT trolling or being an idiot.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...