Mechscape is going to destroy runescape.

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see your evidence for these claims. The biggest part of making a good rant is having proof that supports your point of view.

And if Mechscape does end up being like this there is no way that alot of RSers will convert.

WE won't really know anything until it comes out. Rumors are just that rumors and things could only be in a possibility stage not set in stone. So we will have to see. It will be very interesting to see the final release, I don't think Runescape will lose much in a way, sure in the beggining people will flock to it leaving runescape behind but it'll be just like a new update. Everyone wants it at first but then people just slither back into old habits.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Now, the not sonice people at jagex seem to be trying to complety get rid of player interaction, there making a MMORPG and its not a online single player game..... No because they realise that they can get lots of money out of a MMORPG.

Mechscape is going to be a pile of [cabbage] and the reason for this is that

1) there will be a really small bit of player interaction

2) it will be all "pay real life cash for this, Pay real life cash for that"

there starting again and evening out there "mistakes" (PvP combat and player trading).

the only thing you will be able to do is buy from NPC's and no-one wants that as we all know.

Mechscape will draw players away from runescape, runescape will get less updates while mechscape becomes there new money harvesting system.

Mechscape isn't even out yet. These claims have nothing backing them.

No matter how good Mechscape is I don't see myself giving up my 2030 total level account for it.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Heres a few flaws with your statements. 1. Jagex has said that mechscape has its very own team of developers so it will not mean less updates for runescape.2. I have never read anywhere that they will be making you pay real money for ingame items and 3. I doubt it will completely draw away all the runescapers out there because they said it is nothing even remotely the same to it eg. no skills.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Heres a few flaws with your statements. 1. Jagex has said that mechscape has its very own team of developers so it will not mean less updates for runescape.2. I have never read anywhere that they will be making you pay real money for ingame items and 3. I doubt it will completely draw away all the runescapers out there because they said it is nothing even remotely the same to it eg. no skills.

Not only are his statements flawed, the WHOLE chunk of crap that is the post is horribly flawed.

Not only are his statements flawed, the WHOLE chunk of crap that is the post is horribly flawed.

That's why the only reason I'm actually commenting on these rants is to get my post count higher.

OT: Mechscape isn't even out yet, so why rant that it will destroy Runescape?

Even if it is out, I won't be leaving Runescape anytime soon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

That's why the only reason I'm actually commenting on these rants is to get my post count higher.

But I thought the whole point of the rants forum was for you to write one sentence which contains either a disagreement or agreement and then some sort of insult you stupid twit!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

But I thought the whole point of the rants forum was for you to write one sentence which contains either a disagreement or agreement and then some sort of insult you stupid twit!

Good point, good point. =D>

But you haven't exactly been following the rules you yourself created, eh? :shame:

I don't do insults. I try to be as fair as possible when I comment.

Besides, most of my insults are utter crap.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

say that all you want but they spend more time on runescape then funorb dude runescape has 10m players and mechscape will have alot 2 ya but there gonna stay with runescape i betya cuz mechscape will or will not be as good but runescape has been along for about what 6-9 years now and they've took all there time on runescape not funorb ya when there making mechscape wont be alotta runescape updates but when done OMG there will be runescape!!!!

Good point, good point. =D>

But you haven't exactly been following the rules you yourself created, eh? :shame:

It depends on the circumstances, it's usually when in a heated rant that you write twenty pages worth of counter-rants and ideas.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

There is no basis for these claims. Nothing in the OP can be determined until the game is released.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

There is no basis for these claims. Nothing in the OP can be determined until the game is released.

So why not lock it?

I'm not trying to challenge your authority or decision, I'm just curious why you're leaving it open since there's no evidence or basis of discussion. There'll just be more people criticising the OP for not backing up his claims.

I haven't read this thread, but i don't think i need to to prove my point.

Mechscape hasn't even been released. We know very little about it so you can't base assumptions on nothing.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

So why not lock it?

That's cause he's Hextriplet. :twss:

And Hextriplet wub his post count.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Does anyone even notice that the topic description is "Mechscape will suck". Meaning that this is a troll thread, and the OP is not even hiding it. How can one make a good argument by stating that something that will turn out bad, will remove interest from something people like?

Oh, how does this go? Obvious troll is obvious? Or is it; successful troll, trolls successfully?

IDK both apply here.

Prism_Swords.png

Does anyone even notice that the topic description is "Mechscape will suck". Meaning that this is a troll thread, and the OP is not even hiding it. How can one make a good argument by stating that something that will turn out bad, will remove interest from something people like?

Oh, how does this go? Obvious troll is obvious? Or is it; successful troll, trolls successfully?

IDK both apply here.

He's an obvious troll who is also successful.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Can this topic be closed now?

Mark Gerhard officially announced that Mechscape has been [bleep]canned, so there's no chance of it ruining Runescape.

You mean they canceled Mechscape or something?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Jagex really shouldn't have canceled Mechscape.

But Runescape is still damn fun. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog