Quest "difficulty" classification.

Karvinen

Why does Jagex call the master, grandmaster etc classification "difficulty" in the in-game quest list, when it is really experience level?

Everybody with a quest cape knows that it has nothing to do with difficulty. It's all about the requirements (experience).

There are experienced-level quests (e.g. Underground Pass) that are more difficult than master quests (e.g. Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf). Catapult Construction is "master" only because it requires Regicide.

Solution: rename difficulty to experience.

That just doesn't sound very RPG-ish. And it's impossible to make a quest hard because of the whine that would follow. The only hard thing in this entire game that isn't hard because of high lvl reqs (Armadyl gwd) or massive grinding (99 Runecrafting) is getting the fire cape and even that's debatable. Imagine the whine when the fire cape becomes the requirement for a quest.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Obviously, with 99% people using guides to solve quests it's obvious no one's gonna find them hard. As people can't open their eyes and see that there will never be any difficulty no matter how hard they are if people use guides, they request higher and higher level requirements thinking they're actually part of the quest and should be "hard". Then, when you complete your quest with your guide with all ease and look at the "Master" rank, obviously you'll be like "dude but for me it wasn't hard at all"... if you don't think twice that is.

Underground Pass isn't hard compared to Contact!, Dealing with Scarabas, Monkey Madness, MEP & company. I've done them without guides so I know what I'm talking about. Catapult Construction may not be hard enough to be a master quest so I don't see what it's doing there, I give you that, but most other quests are classified correctly.

signaturemw.png

Catapult Construction may not be hard enough to be a master quest so I don't see what it's doing there, I give you that, but most other quests are classified correctly.

Catapult Construction is classified correctly. It is master because it requires a master quest to start (Regicide).

The only thing that is wrong is calling the classification "difficulty". It's "experience", because it is based on the requirements. Difficulty is almost impossible to classify, because it's based on opinion of an individual player (using a guide, puzzle skills, etc).

That just doesn't sound very RPG-ish. And it's impossible to make a quest hard because of the whine that would follow. The only hard thing in this entire game that isn't hard because of high lvl reqs (Armadyl gwd) or massive grinding (99 Runecrafting) is getting the fire cape and even that's debatable. Imagine the whine when the fire cape becomes the requirement for a quest.

Explain how "difficulty" is more RPGish than "experience level"?

Now it's time for an RPG joke:

rpg-7.jpg

If Jagex ever makes a quest line 'harder' or more annoying.. than the Regecide/Underground pass quests, i will dedicate my firstborn son to them.

lol

The i see their interpreation is the higher skill requirements and the longer the quest in general determine the difficulty. its not really anything to get upset over though since the Runescape quest guides help is minimal

yay for tip.it guides <3:

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)