Hefty suggestion for the state of pvp

elucin8er

If you want to get rid of 76k, you don't remove the whole system. It could be made harder by:

* Removing statues and giving items instead. This would cut down the money created to the game as items would be bought only with money that already is there. If we look at vestas, morrigans and such for example, they don't exactly bring money to the game: a player gets an item, he uses it for a while and then it vanishes. There's temporary added value but no added money. If the player sells it, it means 2 things. 1) Money is transfered from player to player, seller gets the temporary added value of the weapon/armour/item. 2) Prices adjust to the demand and supply.

This is essentially the #1 priority of all the PvP updates. Icons need to be change in some form or another. If Icons are changed, other changes may fall into place easier.

Odly enough, there are 17 artifacts, and 17 PvP armor items. Sooo...

Why not replace icons with PvP items? Every Ancient Statue is turned into a Vesta Longsword, and instead of icons being sold, PvP armor can be sold for GP. How does that fix the inflation problem? Let me explain.

Example:

Vesta's Longsword ( 5,000,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Statius's warhammer ( 1,000,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Vesta's Chainbody ( 750,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Vesta's Spear ( 500,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Vesta's Plateskirt ( 400,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Statius's Platebody ( 300,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Statius's Platelegs ( 250,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Statius's Full Helm ( 200,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Zuriel's Robe Top ( 150,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Zuriel's Robe Bottom ( 100,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Zuriel's Staff ( 75,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Morrigan's Leather Body ( 50,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Morrigan's Chaps ( 40,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Zuriel's Hood ( 30,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Morrigan's Coif ( 20,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Morrigan's Javelin ( 10,000 PvP Exchange Price)

Morrigan's Throwing Axe ( 5,000 PvP Exchange Price)

All of the above items would replace their respective icons as drops. Corrupt versions and Brawlers would still be "bonus" drops are they are now.

So how would this fix inflation?

Well.. look at the drops. If a player received a Vesta's Longsword instead of a Ancient Statue, why would the player sell the Longsword to the game for 5m, if they could easily sell the item to another player for 7, 8, 10M+. This would mean that the majority of drops would simply be trading GP around from player to player, rather than actually "creating" new GP.

This would fix 3 problems.

1) Very little PvP drops would add to GP inflation. It doesn't really drain any money out of the economy, but it doesn't add any more in.

2) With a increase in some PvP items being dropped, some prices would fall. The sell back prices insure the items would not drop below a certain point, or players would be able to make more profit selling to the game. (A Vesta Longsword would ALWAYS be worth more than 5M GP). This is not a major issue however, as leading to point 3, and the fact we already have icons injecting GP into the game right now anyways. So 30% of the drops injecting GP into the game is not a major issue, especially considering the only items that might dip below the resale price are the lower cost ones.

3) Price drops in some PvP items would mean some players might actually start using them more in a PvP setting. Good Pkers might even be able to support their own armor by the drops they get. This will not be the case for everyone however, and skillers will still be in quite a high demand as PvP items degrade after a short time.

4) Yes I said 3 problems, this one isn't a problem fix more than a bonus feature. With the cost of PvP items down due to their increase drop rates, PKers would actually be SUPPLIERS for the first time. Pkers will be supplying boss hunters and some skillers with PvP equipment they might want to use against bosses/NPC's. This would keep prices balanced.

dawnsigblue-3.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to post a quick little input to your idea, Brianite.

F2Pers do not receive PvP armour as drops at all, and certain statues (I believe all of those greater than 40k) are not dropped aswell.

Thusly, you should provide a solution for F2P, as I doubt Jagex will allow free players to obtain Morrigan's javelins.

Also, hohto - I'm not ignoring your last post, but I do not have time as of now to respond with decent quality to all of the points we have brought up. Exams 'n essays due for middle college, and my time spent elsewhere should be short.