Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One-Clicking the Summer Garden

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Peregrine
  • Clan:The Crate
Posted Image

Table of Contents
  • Welcome
  • Requirements
  • Method 1
  • Method 2
  • How to Get There
  • Setting Up the Garden
  • Example One-Click Run
  • Experience/Hour Rate
  • Tips
  • Credits
To Moderators: If any pictures or gif animations are too large, please remove them and send me a PM telling me what section they were in so I can replace them with more appropriate ones.

Welcome! If you are reading this, it seems that you want to be introduced to the world of one-clicking the Sorceress' Garden. As for now, the guide will only detail how to cover the Summer Garden. Playing the Sorceress' Garden is beneficial because it yields decent experience, is low stress compared to Pyramid Plunder or Blackjacking, and provides a way to train thieving without taking damage.

Sorceress' Garden involves running through a hedge-filled maze while avoiding the Elementals that patrol its interior. To succeed, one should either pick the fruit from the Squ'irk tree in the centre, or pick herbs from the patch on the side. Picking herbs is generally not a good idea, as the herb rate has been determined to be roughly equivalent to that of killing Chaos Druids. One-clicking the maze involves delaying Elementals such that a player can run through the maze by just clicking the tree in the centre without getting caught.

Requirements

Now that you know a little bit about the garden, it is time to choose what method you will use. The first method involves the Salt-Water pool that you receive access to after As A First Resort..., whereas the second uses Energy Restoration Items (ERIs) to (obviously) restore energy. A possible third method would be to use the rest feature.

Method 1: If you have completed As A First Resort...

Method 2: If you have NOT completed As A First Resort...

Now that you have decided which approach you will use, it is time to learn the basics of setting up the garden.

How To Get There

Setting up the Garden

Example One-Click Run

Experience/Hour Rate

Tips

Credits

Edited by Peregrine, 20 May 2011 - 07:57 AM.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Very well-written and informative guide. I'll definitely be using this, as I've always enjoyed the Sorceress' Garden minigame.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai
Very good tip! I like the use of not only pictures, but the video's as well to show what you're talking about. Great job!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Grimy_Bunyip
[ Display Name History ]

Grimy_Bunyip

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • RSN:Grimy Bunyip
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers
this is the first one click summer garden guide I've seen on TIF, and it's amazingly well written

There's info somewhere on RS wikia about how many tiles our player can run in a set amount of game clicks
maybe you could count the number of tiles between where you respawn after picking a fruit, and the tree itself?
probably not completely relevant but something I would like to see, personally speaking.
Posted Image

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts
You lose a lot of time going to ooglog every 20 minutes, but we have already discussed that :mrgreen:

If you rest correctly and have over 75 agility, you do not need energy restoratives OR the run-restore pool.

lalalasig2.png

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts

You lose a lot of time going to ooglog every 20 minutes, but we have already discussed that :mrgreen:

If you rest correctly and have over 75 agility, you do not need energy restoratives OR the run-restore pool.

I know you taught Grade a different method than I use, and perhaps that method has an advantage as it allows time to rest.
However, I did some frame-by-frame calculations on a video I recorded of me doing two consecutive runs, and I found out that once I enter the Summer Gate, I begin my run in 5 seconds

Observations 1:

Observations 2:

So.. assuming that beginning and ending rest take 2 ticks each (Estimate, that would be 1.2 seconds) I would have 3.8 seconds to rest before I would have to get up and click the tree.
I have to head to my next class now, but I will count the squares/time it takes and make a list of the energy used at certain agility levels it takes to get from the gate to the tree. Perhaps I will do gate to gate for a full cycle.

this is the first one click summer garden guide I've seen on TIF, and it's amazingly well written

There's info somewhere on RS wikia about how many tiles our player can run in a set amount of game clicks
maybe you could count the number of tiles between where you respawn after picking a fruit, and the tree itself?
probably not completely relevant but something I would like to see, personally speaking.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will factor this in, as it will help me with the mathematics I am trying to do with the Summer Garden, and/or also proving/disproving that Winter/Autumn/Spring can be One-Clicked.
(By the way, all gardens can be one-clicked. However, constantly one-clicking them is another story. Yesterday I one-clicked Autumn and Winter first try, and it took three tries to one-click Spring.)

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Very nice! I used to one-click it, but I could set up inconsistently at best. Very informative. Well done :)

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip
  • Clan:Gold Skillers, FnL
Nice guide!

Gradeskip94, for showing me an alternate method and letting me record it. (Will be uploaded later - it will be up faster if people request.)
DeathMiasma, for being Gradeskip's student in the video.

*requests* :P

P.S. It's Gradeskip93 and not 94. ;)

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts

P.S. It's Gradeskip93 and not 94. ;)

Fixed. Also, what is Death's TIF username? I believe I have that wrong aswell.

I've been slowly working on more mathematics for this, however I recently had some exams so I did not have much time to work on those.

Changelog v1.1

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
Death7744 I think

Oh and pro guide

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Lunchbawks
[ Display Name History ]

Lunchbawks

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
I don't get the step in resetting the garden. If I mess up on the first elemental once, I have to switch worlds. Also, I always get caught on the second to last elemental, what am I doing wrong?

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts

I don't get the step in resetting the garden. If I mess up on the first elemental once, I have to switch worlds. Also, I always get caught on the second to last elemental, what am I doing wrong?

When you reset the #1 Elemental, you are just re-coordinating it with #4 so that they bounce off their respective near walls at the same time.

As for the second to last elemental - make sure you've brute forced it.

I trained from 80-81 thieving a little bit ago and as I was setting up the garden, I found out that setting it up was hard for some odd reason. Once I set it up, I noted that you start your run through the garden every fourth patrol-cycle the #4 Elemental completes. What I was doing wrong was that since I was brute-forcing the maze, I was getting kicked out early, and thusly I would begin my next brute-force run on the #4's first, second, or third patrol-cycle instead of the fourth cycle that I was brute-forcing. Thus, it is important to wait for that fourth cycle before running through the maze to brute force it. Oddly enough I didn't encounter this problem while I used the garden earlier and when I wrote this guide. I'll add in a little section/tip to the brute-forcing section of the guide in a little.

In case you didn't understand any of the following, here is a definition and a clarification of what I mean.

Patrol-Cycle: An elemental begins its patrol-cycle when it bounces off of its near wall. It's cycle ends and begins anew when it bounces off the near wall again.
(So, for the #4 elemental, a patrol-cycle would mean it would complete its figure-eight pattern.)

What I mean by running through every third cycle is this: 1, 4, 7, 10, etc. You start running once the #4 Elemental bounces. It has just begun cycling, so this is its first cycle. While you run through the maze, if you successfully one-click, it will complete a second and third cycle and begin a third one once you are teleported out. When you are back in the maze, you will begin your run on the fourth cycle.

If you still can't get it down, feel free to add me ingame. My PM is always on, and I usually have enough free time that I can come observe your setup and point out what you are doing wrong.

Also, in terms of rest - I've been testing it out a bit more frequently now that I found out about this third cycle factor. At 80 agility, I can skip one run and recover to 100% energy from an energy below what I need (~19%) to run through the maze. I will add this section as a viable method to the guide as soon as I get some mathematics done and calculate different values for different agility levels. I have found out that there are 65 (ironically) steps from the Gate to the Tree, and from the Gate to the Gate there are 80 steps. So, you can approximately complete one run in 40 ticks, minus the ticks involved in teleportation and opening the door. You should add about 5 seconds worth of ticks to that to obtain how long one full run from [Start Running] to [Start Running] is. However, with the third-cycle knowledge in hand, you could just calculate how many ticks it takes to for the #4 Elemental to complete 4 cycles.

nicrune007
[ Display Name History ]

nicrune007

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,093 posts
  • RSN:Nicrune007
  • RSN2:007wood
  • Clan:What?
Maybe make a video on it too.

Looks promising, but compare with PP which is better?
Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?
Posted Image
99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Peregrine
[ Display Name History ]

Peregrine

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
I have plenty of videos I could upload, however Youtube is being silly and uploading 100% of the video and then staying at that amount and not completing for a half-day before I finally close the tab. Anyone have some advice?

And compared to Pyramid Plunder - Plunder is faster, but also more stressfull, especially if you are a skiller. The only stressful part of Sorceress' Garden is setting up the garden. Once you've mastered running, it becomes second nature. I decided I wanted 81 thieving a few days ago, so I went over to Sorceress' Garden and trained from 80-81 within an hour. It's really up to you, as some people can find Blackjacking enjoyable. I used to alternate Blackjacking and Pyramid Plunder, but those activities did not allow me to talk to my friends without losing a significant amount of exp. During Sorceress' Garden, you can talk to your friends without hindering your EXP rate.

warrior5024
[ Display Name History ]

warrior5024

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 642 posts
If only my computer wouldn't freeze up when I scroll over the GIFs..
But this still is a much-needed guide for a very underrated minigame.
Posted Image
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wachtwoord
[ Display Name History ]

Wachtwoord

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,997 posts
  • RSN:Who Plays
Amazing guide. Very well written and very informative. :thumbup:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+
Posted Image

Cowman_133
[ Display Name History ]

Cowman_133

Retired Administrator

• Members
  • 6,383 posts
  • RSN:Cowman_133
Congratulations on your guide attaining AOW status!

Good work!

DK

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
Yeah gratz <3

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

AngraMania
[ Display Name History ]

AngraMania

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • RSN:Angra Mania
Darn, I was planning on making a guide just like this, but I never got myself to do it.

Anyway, I found that collecting herbs while one clicking the garden was actually faster than chaos druids since it is a constant 2 herbs every <40 secs.

One thing I didn't see you point out is that when you leave the garden to bank or to go to the salt pool is that you don't need to reset the garden once you get back (This makes herb gathering much easier and faster). After you sync #1 and #4, then brute force your way through every other one, every elemental will be synced. If you take into account #5 location and direction at the moment #1 and #4 are synced in which you are able to pass you will be able to continue 1-clicking. If I remember correctly, #5 will be synced every three #1 & #4 syncs.

EDIT: gah I didn't read your other post about the 3 cycles. I'd also like to add that you can rest just before running through again which recovers some run energy. And since herb runs are shorter you can have more time to rest, and at 71 agility I was replenishing all the run energy i used up every iteration.

Baldur
[ Display Name History ]

Baldur

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Baldur
  • RSN2:Pony Wrath
Very nice guide P-bird, and as we discussed this a while, any chance of you making a one click winter garden guide for your favorite pray pure? <3

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users