Arguing and debating

Zierro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure you can't talk about politics and religion in school (teacher to students). Will cause brainwashing they say. :roll:

I called Hinduism primitive in a critical thinking question for a "religion" course. One of the teachers called me out. haha. Told me to meet up with her but I brushed her off. She wasn't my teacher.

I like arguing, i better understand what I think, the other person (usually) does, too. But as I grew up with tip.it's OT, I slowly realized "arguing" with people through some forum rather than in real-time is useless. For some unknown reason to me (and some other people on this forum realize too, i'm sure), you will _always_ encounter someone who not only disagrees with you, but isn't smart enough, in some way, to understand you (and more importantly, the topic at hand). For some reason, there will be one or two people who will ignore every legitimate point you make, misconstrue what you say, make poor or unjustified assumptions, and do a myriad of other things that make discussion impossible.

If you argue in real-life, people can't do that, you can confront people about what they say and make them explain it, or insist that what they say isn't possible because of x or y reason.

I enjoy debating because it's a competition of wit and morality. I love competition, but the intellectual requirement for arguing makes it very fun. I especially enjoy being right. But there's no greater feeling in the world than when you show someone who is so sure that they're right that they are completely and uterly wrong. Especially when they admit defeat. I've felt no greater satisfaction.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn