"Did you know?" misinformation

The most recent Tip.it times as usual had the "did you know?" posting. This week it said that the number of quest points you have is equal to the number of tears, both good and bad, in the tears of guthix game. While it would be nice, it's not true. I have 289 quest points, the most I ever got was 126, and I know I didn't get 163 green tears. It's actually for every quest point you have, you get about .5-1 second in the cave.

MaxsSig.jpg

The most recent Tip.it times as usual had the "did you know?" posting. This week it said that the number of quest points you have is equal to the number of tears, both good and bad, in the tears of guthix game. While it would be nice, it's not true. I have 289 quest points, the most I ever got was 126, and I know I didn't get 163 green tears. It's actually for every quest point you have, you get about .5-1 second in the cave.

289 is the max you can get. The only way to get that is if you're on a blue tear that never stops the entire time you're in there. You only got 126, meaning thats all you collected. Its possible for you to get more, i know people who have gotten 200+ before.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The total number of quest points you have is the the total number of tears you can collect, good or bad. So technically, it's possible to get up to 149 tears and then end up with 0 at the end (this is almost impossible, but illustrates the point).

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

The total number of quest points you have is the the total number of tears you can collect, good or bad. So technically, it's possible to get up to 149 tears and then end up with 0 at the end (this is almost impossible, but illustrates the point).

That is utter fabricated bs.

Quest Points add more time that you are allowed in the cave.

However for a good year now the time you get in the cave hasnt increased, instead each qp has become worth less time as each new quest is added.

It is completely possible to get far more tears than you have QP, especially when you're QP aren't maxed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

However for a good year now the time you get in the cave hasnt increased, instead each qp has become worth less time as each new quest is added.

It is completely possible to get far more tears than you have QP, especially when you're QP aren't maxed.

If you can catch more tears, then you're spending more time in the cave. Quest points are probably worth about 1 game tick (.6 seconds) in the cave, but that's assuming there's one tear per tick.

I've never seen or heard anyone get more tears than they have quest points; if you have some proof, please show it.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

If you can catch more tears, then you're spending more time in the cave. Quest points are probably worth about 1 game tick (.6 seconds) in the cave, but that's assuming there's one tear per tick.

I've never seen or heard anyone get more tears than they have quest points; if you have some proof, please show it.

I believe he stated that it's possible (theoretically), not that it happened. Proof wouldn't be applicable in that case.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Theres no solid proof for what I stated but its widley excepted especial given jagexs wording about quest points and time in the cave.

Plus geeks who time it and note the time shifts etc.

Which lends weight to the theory, but there is absolutely NOTHING to support the version given in the did you know. I'm fairly sure some of my clan mates with like 50 - 60 QP have come out of tears with 70 - 80 tears before though; not 100% trhough,

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

The amount of Quest Points you have only determines the amount of time you are able to spend in Juna's cave. The amount of tears you successfully acquire is dependent on how good (or not) you are at clicking on the blue tears.

We have proof pictures of players collecting over 200 tears.

The users posting above have addressed the issue quite well.

Please remember, the Tip.It Times isn't managed by Crew staff, so if you feel that any information within an issue of the Times is incorrect, please post it on that week's discussion topic (the link to which can be found near the bottom of each issue.)

Thank you :^_^:,

- SerpentEye

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png