What Mosters To Block For Slayer?

killordie18

99 slayer here.

I have blocked:

1. steel dragons (too slow, too much competition)

2. kalphites (too much competition - cannoning is fast though! I had them unblocked till 90 slayer)

3. Wyverns (don't like them)

4. Aquanites (too slow, too much of a hassle)

I wouldn't block:

black demons - excellent experience! You can cannon them easily in members dungeon! I love them! Good charms droppers as well!

Warped terror birds: You can cannon these also. Takes a bit of concentration though.

Iron dragons: I tank them. With maxed melee, they are not that slow.

Black dragons: I just do baby black dragons. Fast AFK experience.

greater demons: once the wild dogs become non-aggressive they are an ok task. I mostly even tank ranged them in void. When ranging you can compete quite easily with party crashers. You don't have to run towards your target after all.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I blocked:

Steel dragons: too little of them, a lot of competition, bad exp as they are slow.

Iron dragons: slow as they are high levelled. Might unblock them, when I get 95+ melee.

Mutated terror birds: I just don't like them. It's personal.

Hell hounds: bad (=no) drops. The occasional clus is not worth it. They are crowded, too.

I mostly get

Bloodvelds -> cannon mutated BVs

Gargoyles -> nice since they have ok drops and are not too strong and easy to reach.

Kalphites -> cannon

Greaters -> fast xp once the dogs become un-agressive

Black demons -> good exp, just pray (flash) them

Aberrants -> best herb droppers, canonn-able, good seeds

So I don't block these.

I tend to skip wyverns, though, I find them annoying.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

99 Slayer

Right now blocked tasks are :

Kalphites : i don't cannon and add to that bad loot and the usual crowd there.

Hellhounds : no drops

Warped Birds : without cannon takes ages... drops are not that bad.

Gargoyles : Stupid Rockhammer to use + there room in CT isn't exactly combat fammy friendly.

nasty_jenny.png

Now, I am not blocking tasks according to whether or not they "should" be blocked, but to personal preference. I have quite a few slayer points, so there are also some tasks I almost always skip as well, such as aquanites and greaters.

Steel Dragons

Black Demons

Hellhounds

Warped T'birds.

To my way of thinking, if I get a slayer task I dislike, it is harder for me to come back and do said task, so I cancel it, even if it costs me GP. Besides, the more tasks I cancel, the more abby demon/mage tasks I get, and the whips+boots make up for the runes I could have bought, at least when combined with the pleasure factor as well.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I have steels and aquanites blocked, but you could block wyverns/waterfiends/irons/miths/greaters blocked depending on whether you like them or not/not high enough level to kill them effectively. At my high levels I'd block irons and miths probably as they have the lowest xp rates but enjoy doing them from time to time. Wyverns are actually better than average and great money.

Scarabites/Goraks/Suqah/Warped Terrorbirds/jKalphites/Black demons are commonly blocked but are great cannon tasks (yes all of them are cannon tasks). The people who block them don't know how to kill them most of the time.

imagangster.png

Gargoyle - Skip, hammer is a pain

Greater demon - Skip, crowds aren't worth the time

Hellhound - Worthless charms, even more worthless drops

Steel dragon - There's like 4 spawns of these or something, skip this garbage

I had 99 slay when aquanites were released and have only done like 3 tasks of them to this day, I don't think they're that terrible with a pony and armadyl.

Foooman.png

Proud owner of the Hawt Black Cape

Tasks Blocked:-

Steel Dragons - Too few spawns & too many noob Rangers & Mage's taking far too long to kill each dragon.

Hellhounds - Dull & No drops

Greater Demons - poor xp & single combat, frequented by low levels taking too long to kill

Black Demons - had these blocked prior to Chaos Tunnels & haven't unblocked yet (may well do)

Tasks Skipped

Every so often I cant be bothered to do the following tasks:

Warped Terrorbirds

Bloodvelds

Kalphites

Waterfiends

Everything else I do :)

Everyone will give you their own personal opinion, you just need to decide what you enjoy & what you depsise.

Happy slaying

the_lad_1.png

I do -not- block steel or irons. If you want mage exp, use your slayer points to buy slayer dart runes, and mage them with stealing creation hats. I get legitimately 200k exp / task. I also have gotten several dragon legs and skirts, as well as a visage.

I block goraks, Black Demons, waterfiends, and warped terrorbirds.

Goraks - These guys are -terrible-. High defense, awful drops, and they stat drain. Terrible!

Black Demons - need to pray to kill them quickly, and they don't drop anything worthwhile. Over time, they're a money drain.

Waterfiends - They're just a nuisance. They hit way harder than they should, and hit in multiple attack styels. They're hard to damage effectively. They have pretty good drops, but I hate them.

Warped Terrorbirds - Very similar to waterfiends. The best I hear people say about them is they're not that bad. I disagree with those people.

And greaters are absolutely awesome. You're high if you block greater demons.

Ugg. I disagree with you on two monsters. Goraks and Greaters.

Goraks have low defense, from personal experience, are fast to kill, very fast to get to, and drop lots of gems and half keys. I average at least 2 halves a task.

Greaters, even with 127 combat, are terrible. Low xp, terrible drops, and still a low crim drops rate. (Like 30 per task). Not to mention they are often crowded.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Greaters, even with 127 combat, are terrible. Low xp, terrible drops, and still a low crim drops rate. (Like 30 per task). Not to mention they are often crowded.

You get about 60 per task if you kill them in Brimhaven. 30/Task sounds like the wilderness volcano rate to me.