Quickest way to maxed melee?

Greencheeese

I'm just wondering which order melee stats would be quickest to train to eventually get maxed melee?

I'm leaving defence until last so it will go alot quicker with 99 attack and strength, but which would make it quicker training to 99 first? 99 attack or strength? I was going to get 85 attack, then 99 strength and keep my 80 defence, but would it be quicker another way then aiming for 85/99/80?

I am training at armoured zombies if that helps at all.

Thanks for any input :)

Greencheeese.png

greencheeese.png

Greencheeese.png

200m.png

I found the game ALOT more boring once you max out melees, I'd recommend achieving it slowly over time, but I don't think you will.

If you want the fastest speed possible (it really isn't all that big of a difference no matter how you do it, looking at your stats) it would be something like getting attack to 90 first, then 99 strength, then 99 attack, then defence.

However you may find it convenient to get 90 defence before you start grinding for a 99, it will save you a nice wad of cash and trouble in the long run and is overall the most useful skill of all 3. Just not for getting high xp/hr.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Keep them very close until the higher levels. The difference between 97 and 98 attack is the same as the gap from 1-74 strength. Obviously, 74 strength levels are a helluva lot more effective than one extra attack level.

I trained in controlled form, although it feels slow it is actually not bad at all. When I started using SGS instead of whip, I'd alternate attack style every 100k exp.

I wouldn't hold off defense completely; I'd at least move that up into the 85 range while working other skills because extra defense helps you stay longer at those trips and use less food.

stormveritas.png

I did strength, hp, attack and now working on defence although its only at 90 so i got quite a ways to go but im training it along with slayer so i makes it a little better.

after defence i'll work on range

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

I agree with Philip.. Once you max out your melees there's a sense of achievement followed by a sort of hollow feeling that you can't gain any more levels.. This is particularly true if you ever intend to get a high slayer level.

I found it really easy training up slayer to 90 but at that point I maxed all my melees and since then have done a lot less slaying as the melee xp feels almost wasted. [/OT]

To answer your question though, I would try and keep all levels roughly even right up to 80 then I would aim to keep strength 5 levels higher than attack and in turn attack 5 levels higher than defence.

Mordendravid.png

Well, im new to fourms, but iv been in runescape for a while, and i myself have 99 strength, i hit fairly high with the right gear (about 50's with whip + str gear + piety + pots) = quite a lot of xp per hit, so i reccommend

Strength > Attack > hp > defence

Darauos.png

Why not just use controlled and get them all at the same time? People argue that getting 99 strength followed by the rest makes it faster, but im no convinced it does. Getting 99 strength, then 99 attack, then 99 defence will seem alot more daunting then just using a controlled whip attack and getting them all at the same time.