Slayer question

Raisedbyapes

So I have started slayer. And Really enjoy it. But 50 tasks in. I am starting to see alot of the same tasks.

Is there any specific quests. I need for things like Dust devils, or any other monsters. My slayer is just about 69.

I see I need back to my roots. For a task but is there any other quests that are restricting me on getting those tasks??

Opthsis.png

Well with higher levels in combat and slayer you can get more monsters. Also more quests will open up more monsters that can get assigned. But some master give tasks that others don't. Like Sumona gives Turoths, Kurasks, and Cave Horrors, while Duradel doesn't. But after a couple hundred tasks, they seem to just repeat (FYI I'm at 572 tasks and I've gotten quite a few repeats, i really should do some quests for new monsters).

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Yes there are a few quests which unlock more slayer monsters, mostly just for Sumona/Duradel i believe.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

Switch around to different slayer masters. It'll change things up. You could do some more quests to unlock more monsters, but changing slayer masters is a much more significant change. I go to summona once in a while for some of the weaker dragon tasks so I don't have to kill 180+ aquanites all the time.

guido_49.png

If you're slaying seriously, you absolutely NEED to do Smoking Kills. You're wasting your time without it.

The easiest way to seek the answer is to search the tip it bestiary under the monsters you want to fight. There was a time when you could not fight Dust Devils without doing Desert Treasure; I don't know if that changes with the release of the Chaos Tunnels. In either event, there are so many quests and options which affect your ability to unlock monsters that you're best served to search by monster.

Except Smoking Kills. If you haven't done that, you haven't earned your Slayer Card yet.

stormveritas.png

If you're slaying seriously, you absolutely NEED to do Smoking Kills. You're wasting your time without it.

The easiest way to seek the answer is to search the tip it bestiary under the monsters you want to fight. There was a time when you could not fight Dust Devils without doing Desert Treasure; I don't know if that changes with the release of the Chaos Tunnels. In either event, there are so many quests and options which affect your ability to unlock monsters that you're best served to search by monster.

Except Smoking Kills. If you haven't done that, you haven't earned your Slayer Card yet.

I totally agree here. Get that quest done. It makes your slaying life so much easier!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Well I have smoking kills done. I figured you may picked up on that from my second post. Stating thay I use sumona. And just to add. You need to have DT to get into the smoking dungeon. Funny my second task after posting this I got dust devils.

Opthsis.png

TBH I wish I hadn't done some quests. The less tasks it's possible to get, the higher the probability you'll get spiritual mages or abby demons (at higher levels), or some other task you like for some reason or another.

Then again the only annoying task i can think of opened up by a quest is warped terrorbirds. Of all my blocked tasks only they were opened up by doing a quest.

You get cave horrors too by a quest, and they're decent profit for low level slayers, but duradel doesn't assign them so meh.

Lagatag.png

So as soon as I say I get the same tasks. Poof now I do not lol. So I have spiritual warriors for a rask. I am going to cancel it this time. But does anyone have a decent and cheap set up for this. I have never been to GWD. And I am not going to bother with it yet. But if I get it again. I would like to know a set up that would work. If anyone can help that would be great.

Opthsis.png

Spiritual warriors are pretty easy. I bring a bunyip and either guthans or a little bit of food.

You'll need to wear a zamorak item the whole time, I suggest buying a zammy cloak.

It's also helpful to have a sara item for the way there, so you don't get auto-attacked by the saradomin followers. I just wear a holy symbol, then drop it and put my fury ammy back on once I'm safely in the zamorak area.

Here's a map of the location I use, taken from Axe Man Jack's slayer guide in the AOW:

[hide]msgspritualwarriors-1.png[/hide]

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Don't do the one for Warped creatures, they are a pain in the butt. I think it's Eyes or Path of Glouphrie.

Also if you unlock Scarabites make sure you also do Missing My Mummy to unlock the easy ones.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!