26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

[hide]More words of the possible anagram:

Lumbridge

Edgeville

Draynor

Barbarian Village

Misthalin

Goblin Village

Ice Mountain

Ice Dungeon

ARE ALL IMPOSSIBLE

However, Oracle is possible, Talked to her, doesn't say anything :(.[/hide]

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

French, last red sentence:

[hide]"L'étoffe d'hommes fortunés regèle dur"[/hide]

I can't translate french but google can.

The makings of wealthy men refreezes hard

German:

Spiel gefroren Murmelufo?

English:

Active game player rescues our cliff imp

Okay, Active game player rescues cliff imp

to me, that says standing around in-game and doing nothing is exactly the opposite of what we're doing.

also, it wont be an anagram, that's far too hard.

So, the French and German clues both say something about something cold, and the English mentions a Cliff.

I tried the Oracle on the mountain, she was no help.

The length of the phrases differing in different languages makes me think that it won't have straight location names in the clues, so perhaps not an anagram after all.

Nivaya.png

Ok, I've done Rough translations of the French and German second part of the cryptic clue for the item/item location. They are nonsense phrases/cryptic like the English clue:

[hide] French: "L'etoffe d'hommes fortunes regele dur." ----> "The efforts of monied men refreeze hard"

German: "Spiel gefroren Murmelufo" ----> "Game frozen, Murmelufo "

The name "murmeloufo" is ringing some bells, perhaps something to do with the puro-puro imps?

I could be wrong about these translations, but both contain references to "frozen"/freezing" suggest again, the north. Perhaps spiked ice boots from burthorpe? [/hide]

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Ok, I've done Rough translations of the French and German second part of the cryptic clue for the item/item location. They are nonsense phrases/cryptic like the English clue:

[hide] French: "L'etoffe d'hommes fortunes regele dur." ----> "The efforts of monied men refreeze hard"

The name "murmeloufo" is ringing some bells, perhaps something to do with the puro-puro imps?

I could be wrong about these translations, but both contain references to "frozen"/freezing" suggest again, the north. Perhaps spiked ice boots from burthorpe? [/hide]

Think f2p remember this event is both p2p and f2p

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

This is a big hint I think

09-11-29101557.png

Notice he says where you can read up on this kinda of thing.

Hes not telling us the items, hes telling us about a place where we can read about the items.

Assuming you're on the right trail (considered it myself as well), then the location would be or varrack castle or the mysterious old man, as they both have readable books. (Ideally we should check out the names of various locations both in english, french and german and compare them with their respective clues)

So, the French and German clues both say something about something cold, and the English mentions a Cliff.

The length of the phrases differing in different languages makes me think that it won't have straight location names in the clues, so perhaps not an anagram after all.

yeah the oracle was my first try

maybe the cavern south of rimmington? somewhere around there..?

just a guess, too lazy to check it out myself

f07t4.gif

2ciad91.png

Think f2p remember this event is both p2p and f2p

Oh pants! Of course, of course. Good catch. Can't be burthorpe. Sorry was thinking fully p2p. Back to the thinking!

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

09-11-29101557.png

Hes not telling us the items, hes telling us about a place where we can read about the items.

Assuming you're on the right trail (considered it myself as well), then the location would be or varrack castle or the mysterious old man, as they both have readable books. (Ideally we should check out the names of various locations both in english, french and german and compare them with their respective clues)

I already tried MoM

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Could it just be that we've got to pick like every third letter of the sentence, like we did with the clue on the forum?

Of course, again picking every third letter would be to easy, there must be a hint what we have to do with the letters.

Don't think so, up till now all the clues were unrelated as well (though I tried out some similar approaches when I started)

I'VE GOT IT

"active game player rescues our cliff imp"

is an anagram of

"Type a specific magic reveal, self rumour"

but obviously that's completely wrong

Yeah i was thinking the blurite caverns aswell but im not sure where i could read anything there that would help me with the items

Picture1-2.png

09-11-29101557.png

I already tried MoM

I personally think based on this that the answer could be hidden in the web site/game guide.

Yeah i was thinking the blurite caverns aswell but im not sure where i could read anything there that would help me with the items

Just checked there, nothin'

Nivaya.png

I'm there right now but I can't find anything

Blurite requires a quest and I think JaGex wants this noob friendly.

it looks cryptic to me

cliff might mean edge, and an imp could be a villain, so I'm checking out edgeville, but since I've never done a cryptic crossword before, I'm not sure if I'm close

09-11-29101557.png

I already tried MoM

One would actually need to try out all the different book shelves in his home... but I think it will be far more complicated. E.g. that they made some random bookshelve in some random home readable and that the clue points us to that exact home or something like that :/ Hmm...