Hegemony Argument Thread

archimage_a

Not map tools. Just no. That excludes me (and probably some others!) so let's please keep it forum based.

I want to play HegeMedieval. But like Dusty, I don't mind too much. I'd quite like to be able to play through this war, but I don't know if that's a majority feeling. And after that, as presumably the world would be a sea of purple, blue and green, I would choose Icu's idea, I think. Something interesting but not something that requires acres of thought - which is my main problem with having someone other than Archi as moderator: He is available far more than anyone else, and I feel his style and persona make him a far more easy moderator to go along with and play with than anyone else - namely because of the easy help he gives.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a hegemony where we keep our own numbers like the way I did in the first? The only variable in that was population which can easiley be checked if it was increased too much.

Also using Excell it eliminates any human error in the calculations (as long as the template is copy+pasted and all actual numbers are pre-set).

It was easy for me at least to keep track of as it only needed my to add ~5% to population each day, adding it as many times as needed if several days passed.

-I can provide the calculation template... again.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I want to play hegemedieval too, I liked where it was going :P, except the magic.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

How about a hegemony where we keep our own numbers like the way I did in the first? The only variable in that was population which can easiley be checked if it was increased too much.

Also using Excell it eliminates any human error in the calculations (as long as the template is copy+pasted and all actual numbers are pre-set).

It was easy for me at least to keep track of as it only needed my to add ~5% to population each day, adding it as many times as needed if several days passed.

-I can provide the calculation template... again.

I agree, v1 and v2 worked pretty well but having a moderator seemed to mean that the game first of all relied on the moderator to update everything and is not really very democratic.

[Falador tavern]

Ok

we need atleast five people to play before Icu starts the game, i'm going to make a sort of signers list thing so I hope people sign quick so I can play the game quick.

Bolded = definitely playing

Not Bolded = Expressed interest.

Edelweiss

Trol Slayer

TheMather

Retech

[Falador tavern]

Ok, this should work out - who wants to play it.

Also, the only reason people would prefer certian other idea's would be due to genre, please remember that you are required to come up with your own genre, tons of games and films with high technology can demonstrate different genre's, its just your mind (and public decency) that limits you.

Budget

As with the last hegemony money is based on infrastructure but now it is much easier to calculate (and requires no mods).

There are two ways to increase your budget, the first is infrastructure: this works exactly the same as it did in the past hegemony, you just need to fund a percentage into it and that percentage will make your figure.

The second way is by taking over more citys.

And the final sum is:

ABC

or A x B x C

A = 1,000,000,000 (or whatever other starting number is chosen)

B = Number of Citys

C = Infra

its simple and it doesn't matter whether you invade a city in america or africa, you will always gain the same amount of money, no-one can really complain.

(its basically the same as the old system but without IAG)

its updated every five years.

Tech.

This is exactly the same as all the other hegemonys bar the last one, you simply set a period of time (E.G 1/10) and the money per year which is subtracted from their budget.

Annexation

Peaceful annexation of countrys can't happen, it is done on a city basis. Peacefully taking a city costs 20% of your budget for 10 years so all you can do is about five at a time.

combat

Combat is done by the ratio system that Archi discussed in the hegemony argument thread.

I work out roughly what should happen, using a ratio, then I add flavour

But the difference is that you are given the information on ratio's and allowed to argue them and if i'm unreasonable people can say i've been unreasonable.

To get land you need to conquer a city with sufficient force, I can take away infrastructure as I feel is right.

Fallout doesn't exist

Bioweapons exist but it takes half the time of research to research a vaccine.

anything else?

If there are any idea's made in the thread and the vote supports them then I will place them here on the front page.

Also there will be none of this:

I moderate and don't play. If I say something is unreasonable then it is unreasonable. Regardless of what you think or what I have said before. If you disagree PM me as I will post this rule as a responce otherwise.

If I say something is unreasonable and the majority disagree they overule my descision

[Falador tavern]

No peaceful annexation whatsoever.

I think that its harsh and unrealistic not to include it at all so I have included it but i've made it shockingly expensive, that way people will be discouraged from doing it (20% is a huge figure for one city)

Edit: I don't really want to mod it, anyone else want to mod it thats no Archi as he modded it last time.

Edit: For making the first post can someone please PM me if they want to be my partner

[Falador tavern]

Annexation has happened quite a lot, its just an agreement of the merging of the government - In real life you would suffer social problems and weakened influence over your government but as we don't like my people's moods idea I don't think that I could implement social issues.

Also, if a person would be to put 100% into funding their annexation they would only have 25 new citys (and bearing in mind i'm going to make building citys a lot easier that won't be much, maybe in the ratio 1:5) and the people won't have any military or tech.

I think thats fair enough people can still annex but they're not going to go about it without thinking when someone can conquer it back so easily.

[Falador tavern]

How about this:

We use the IEG system I made up a while ago, adding in economy in a simple way.

No peacefully annexing countries.

To determine starting budgets, here's my idea. We each start with 1 trillion, then we use a rng to give everyone each a different modifier ranging from -250b to +500b, so it's a bit more interesting. If you get a - number, you get a bit of bonus research.

Research works like it did near the end of last game, though we each start with 40 years of free research, so you could put, for example, 20 years into genetics, 5 into nukes, and 15 into better tanks, or something like that, this way everyone starts out with their own specializations.

So to start, once we have a mod picked, all you need to do is pick your country, then post how your research is distributed.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I like the idea of 40 years of free research, I'll probably also include that in mine.

I don't like the idea of using an RNG to determine things, thats going to piss a lot of people off and just be unfun.

I also think that if everyone starts off equal you could determine the better hegemony player and stuff along those lines.

Just to make this clear, I don't think the moderator should have any power over anyone else as they did in the last game; they should do combat and no more.

[Falador tavern]

Does everyone agree to the following:

Add in economy, which is similar to infrastructure, and in short, increases more quickly than infrastructure, but can bottom out occasionally due to random events or being blockaded, embargoed etc. so if you rely on it, you could lose a ton of money if you don't back up your economy with infrastructue.

Equal or equalish starting budgets

Leveled technology, similar to last game. Not a tech tree though.

No peaceful annexation, though occasionally this may be an option as determined by the mod (ie: You've been shelling the major population centers of a city for years, they are tired of losing people, and surrender, or the economy of an area is destroyed and you're their only chance for economic survival.)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

So...If I understand Doom correctly.

Money=Trade+Infrastructure

Infrastructure=Slow, steady increase in money

Trade=Rapid increase in money, BUT any increase that is down to trade can be instantly wiped out by an armada.

Economies all equalised around 1 trillion per decade(per my system, might be a different system, but the decade system seemed to work better than the systems before)

Someone keeps/assigns a value to a certain technology and then people work towards that value.

Peaceful annexation is written off except when the mod agrees(Personally, it should just be written off entirely)

I would say that Trade and Infrastructure should be on a see-saw. You put more money into one by taking money out of the other.

So, say I had 1 trillion and I put all of it into trade, which works out at you gaining 500 billion a decade.

The next decade you put 1.5 trillion into trade and gain 750 billion...

This carries on for a few decades and then war is declared and your are blockaded and embargoed, which wipes out all of the money you put into trade.

Alternatively

You have 1 trillion and put all of it into infrastructure, which works out at you gaining 100 billion a decade.

The next decade you put 1.1 trillion into trade and gain 110 billion.

This carries on for a few decades and then war is declared and you are blockaded and embargoed, which doesn't effect you at all.

Of course you would probably balance that out, since 1.21 trillion verses 2.25 trillion is going to be a one sided fight.

Given all of that...I call Switzerland and reserve 25% of my budget for an emergency, order the construction of mega defences on the scale of Sere's Hegemony and build the Basel Hydrological Dam(Will post more specifically when we start) and I also authorise heavy research(maxing out the limit) (Half in each) into Particle Physics, with the obvouis intent of building P-Jets, Particle Cannons and Particle Rifles, as well as into chemical weapons.

Any residual cash goes into my trade relation with the Isle of Wight, to which I am flying Tzo Crystals, which are the size of dust mites and near weightless...allowing me to complete my whole trade transaction in 1 year. Also the plane is steathed, has military level counter measures and is trans-sonic. It also has mine detectors for the landing strip and is armoured with Carbon Nanotubes.

So what I meant to say is that any residual cash goes into building the plane in my trade relation with the Isle of Wight...although I should still get money due to the phrasing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I claim UK.

I dislike leveled technology, there is no point - if you are talking about tanks or exosuits then it should work on the best design not on how long someone works on it.

Is Doom modding this?

[Falador tavern]

I think it's fantastic, it gets the point across well and can be filled in, unless someone can post a better map can you please send me the old map.

The thread is made, the systems are simple and to the point - we are having the fourty years of free tech and the reserved countrys are on the front page.

[Falador tavern]