Missing cat turns up in France

E_D_G_E_1039

I was browsing through the news, and came across this... Found it quite funny :D (Edit - Erm... interesting, not "funny"...)

APPLETON, Wisconsin - When Emily the cat went missing a month ago, her owners looked for their wandering pet where she had ended up before -- the local animal shelter.

But this week they learned Emily sailed to France.

Lesley McElhiney figures her cat went prowling around a paper warehouse near home and ended up in a cargo container that went by ship across the Atlantic Ocean and was trucked to Nancy, a city in northeastern France near the border with Germany.

Employees at a French lamination company found her in the container, checked her tags and called Emily's veterinarian back in the U.S., John Palarski.

"It probably had access to food and water," Palarski said. "I doubt if it went three weeks without it. There must have been a lot of mice on the boat. Even if it was in the cargo department, you would assume there was water down there. She had to have something."

Palarski faxed the cat's vaccination records to French authorities to help remove her from quarantine, but the family is wondering exactly how they will retrieve the pet.

Emily will need a health certificate from France to return home, and she will have to go through quarantine again on entering the United States, Palarski said.

"The only thing we can think right now is buying a plane ticket," McElhiney said. "She already cost us some the first time we got her from the humane society. She's getting to be an expensive little thing."

Just thought Id post it for those of you who dont read the news :wink: :P

A few years back alot of cats started to dissapear around my neighborhood over several months, nobody knew what it was. One day someone driving through the neighbourhood caught some Cambodian guy snapping the neck of a housecat.

He was arrested that day and it was estimated he got about 200 cats, including the one belonging to my neighbours. Sad thing is, he didn't serve any time.

:?

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

A few years back alot of cats started to dissapear around my neighborhood over several months, nobody knew what it was. One day someone driving through the neighbourhood caught some Cambodian guy snapping the neck of a housecat.

He was arrested that day and it was estimated he got about 200 cats, including the one belonging to my neighbours. Sad thing is, he didn't serve any time.

Thats just messed up... I personally dont care for cats, but thats cruel...

One day someone driving through the neighbourhood caught some Cambodian guy snapping the neck of a housecat.

Too bad it wasn't me who caught him doing it. I'm a proud vegetarian (for over 9 years now) and if I see people hurting or killing animals without a reason... :x Man i'd beat the **** out of him!!!

People who kill animals without a reason should get punished real hard!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

One day someone driving through the neighbourhood caught some Cambodian guy snapping the neck of a housecat.

Too bad it wasn't me who caught him doing it. I'm a proud vegetarian (for over 9 years now) and if I see people hurting or killing animals without a reason... :x Man i'd beat the **** out of him!!!

People who kill animals without a reason should get punished real hard!

I'd like to see a veggie beat up someone who eats meat. You'd be as weak as a puppy without some real meat in ya. *pats belly* :lol:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Sad thing is, he didn't serve any time.
Thats kind of hard to believe if they actually had evidence he intentionally murdered a cat like that, let alone multiple ones. I mean he either wasn't convicted at all due to lack of evidence or he ended up paying thousands of bucks but I just can't see them letting a guy like that walk away unpunished.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

We had a cat mutilator in our town. Turned out to be some twisted teenager. He killed about 80 cats and "sacrificed" them to some wierd god thingamajigger. Got sent to a phsychiatric facility and his folks got sued for about 100 thousand by all the residents.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

We had a cat mutilator in our town. Turned out to be some twisted teenager. He killed about 80 cats and "sacrificed" them to some wierd god thingamajigger. Got sent to a phsychiatric facility and his folks got sued for about 100 thousand by all the residents.

What a crazy world we live in. BTW that's a pretty hefty fine, it's like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1250 per cat. I bet they went mad when they heard about it.

The fine was only 10-thousand dollars. The rest were lawsuits from residents and the humane society, SPCA, and about 20 neighboring communities animal shelters.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

The fine was only 10-thousand dollars. The rest were lawsuits from residents and the humane society, SPCA, and about 20 neighboring communities animal shelters.
He should've just sacrificed fish or something. Where I live first time for killing a cat is a misdemeanor and then every time after that its 3-12 months in jail and a 5-10 grand fine. And then you add up all the lawsuits too, man I'd just go find a worm to sacrifice.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I think it is messed up if people intentionally hurt animals like a cat. They can beat up a cat but why can't they do it to a person? Because they can't! They must think they are tough or something by killing innocent animals. I once seen a video of a group of Chinese people stole dogs and cats from houses and skinned them. They would show the people stuffing 2-5 dogs/cats into a crab cage and throwing them from tops of trucks as high as 15 feet high shattering the animals legs on impact. I hope someone sees this happening and shoots these psychos.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

I don't know what happened to the guy we had, all I know is he didn't serve time. I'm sure he was fined quite a bit of money and had quite a few people file suit against him but I never heard any specifics.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

I once seen a video of a group of Chinese people stole dogs and cats from houses and skinned them. They would show the people stuffing 2-5 dogs/cats into a crab cage and throwing them from tops of trucks as high as 15 feet high shattering the animals legs on impact. I hope someone sees this happening and shoots these psychos.

It's a video off of PETA's website, they also have many disturbing articles and videos of such...

That's quite strange, but those people should have watched their cat more carefully.

Would you suggest we place an electronic tag on cats and track their evening excursions? :|

No, personally I would sugest not letting your cat go on "evening excursions" at all.

That's quite strange, but those people should have watched their cat more carefully.

Would you suggest we place an electronic tag on cats and track their evening excursions? :|

No, personally I would sugest not letting your cat go on "evening excursions" at all.

Many cats are outdoor cats, and like to spend a lot of their time outside, and come in to maybe eat and drink. My old cat used to be like that.

What..really? Do people not let their cats out the back door for a little wander? I thought everyone did.