99 DEF vs ATK vs STR

DemonicSushi

Hello guys i have another question =)

By the way for those who replied on my question about what item i should buy its resolved ! i chose none =)

Anyhow, I am going to get ONE of my melee stats to level 99 and i really need detailed explanations as to which one and WHY i should get that one.

99 DEF ?

99 ATK ?

99 STR?

Personally i find that Def > Atk > Str ... but i really need your opinion =)

thanks a lot and please no answers like get them all to 90 and then train one to 99.... im too lazy for that

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rainbow_Dude.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you plan on doing all 3, strength or attack first. Take it from me, its a freaking nightmare doing defence first. and try to dull the size of your text down.

Okay but if i do Bandits AFK wouldn't it be really easy to get 99 defence? you know i could just stay there all day with full guthans and train like 200k exp per day O_o

Rainbow_Dude.png

Strength -> Attack -> Defence at your levels.

If your strength wasn't higher than your attack then attack should come first.

Just don't do defence first.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I would say strength, thats because you'll level up attack and defence easier because you'll hit higher. Dont have to but i would.

Well not totally agreeing on this one. Attack makes you hit the target more often, and str hits it harder.

So it's more logic to train att to L99 & then str, no?

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Personally I did Attack then Strength and Defence at the same time (was alternating between the last two).

I know you said you didn't want this, but I'd say it'd be best to get them even then use controlled, or get 90/99/90 or 99/90/90 (Attack/Strength/Defence) (I was 99/86/88 at first).

It took me just over 2 months of training overall through slayer for Strength and Defence, and that was from 90, so in other words, a month from 90-99 (and I had college during part of it).

It's going to take even longer if you're not 90/90/90 when you start, and if you can stick to that, then you'll do the 99 easily enough.

Though I'd say Strength comes first for the harder hits, you'll pretty much tear through anything you'd train on at 90 Attack, and 90 Defence is good enough.

So I'd say Strength, then Attack then Defence for 99s, though, if you wish, you can do Attack, Strength then Defence. Though if you do get 90/90/90 first, feel free to go for whichever you want.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Personally I did Attack then Strength and Defence at the same time (was alternating between the last two).

I know you said you didn't want this, but I'd say it'd be best to get them even then use controlled, or get 90/99/90 or 99/90/90 (Attack/Strength/Defence) (I was 99/86/88 at first).

It took me just over 2 months of training overall through slayer for Strength and Defence, and that was from 90, so in other words, a month from 90-99 (and I had college during part of it).

It's going to take even longer if you're not 90/90/90 when you start, and if you can stick to that, then you'll do the 99 easily enough.

Though I'd say Strength comes first for the harder hits, you'll pretty much tear through anything you'd train on at 90 Attack, and 90 Defence is good enough.

So I'd say Strength, then Attack then Defence for 99s, though, if you wish, you can do Attack, Strength then Defence. Though if you do get 90/90/90 first, feel free to go for whichever you want.

Thank you for the detailed explanation,

I was wondering how much of challenge it would be to get 90/90/90 using controlled FROM 80/80/80

And also, which of these three skills actually helps you the most in your everyday Runescape situations? (ex: slayer, dragon hunting etc..)

Cheers for all the replies :thumbsup:

Rainbow_Dude.png

It's not that much of a challenge.

For general, everyday use, Attack and Strength are the best, Defence isn't too noticeable, though it does help.

I'd say 99/99/90 were near-optimal stats for everyday use, though we all know that maxed melees are the best.

But if you were planning to get all 99s one day, then just train on controlled from 90/90/90. It'll take roughly the same amount of time as getting each 99 individually.

EDIT: I'd also reccomend for get 70+ Prayer (for Piety, it's useful at times), 68+ Summoning (Bunyips), 70+ Range (Black D'hide/Karils), and I'd reccomend training through Slayer, not the best way, but decent profit (make sure to do Smoking Kills) and you might end up training it anyway.

Edited by Sworddude198

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

For general, everyday use, Attack and Strength are the best, Defence isn't too noticeable, though it does help.

I'd say 99/99/90 were near-optimal stats for everyday use, though we all know that maxed melees are the best.

But if you were planning to get all 99s one day, then just train on controlled from 90/90/90. It'll take roughly the same amount of time as getting each 99 individually.

EDIT: I'd also reccomend for get 70+ Prayer (for Piety, it's useful at times), 68+ Summoning (Bunyips), 70+ Range (Black D'hide/Karils), and I'd reccomend training through Slayer, not the best way, but decent profit (make sure to do Smoking Kills) and you might end up training it anyway.

Deleted Comment for security reasons :mrgreen:

Rainbow_Dude.png

I did do smokin Kills but what i am doing right now is AFKing on Bandits through the night =) i leave my PC on thru the whole night and it trains roughly 600k exp while im sleeping...if i do that i guess i could actually get 90/90/90 in a matter of weeks

That is an illegal training method, and because it is against JaGeX's rules we here on the TIF do not support or condone such methods.

OT: I would say strength then attack, because if you chose to buy an ss to train strength you can sell it right after 99 str and keep on training with a whip.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I did do smokin Kills but what i am doing right now is AFKing on Bandits through the night =) i leave my PC on thru the whole night and it trains roughly 600k exp while im sleeping...if i do that i guess i could actually get 90/90/90 in a matter of weeks

I wouldnt admit to that..you can get banned bro.

But for the original question, I say attack, its the nicest cape of them all IMO :mrgreen:

JacTheRipper.png

I slayed to 99 attack and strength, and I would say that 99 attack is better. First of all, the extra accuracy REALLY helps on some tasks. Second, the extra accuracy helps when you have to use inferior weapons for strength.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

6. What is AFK training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on our games, you must be at the computer. Away-from-keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

Source: http://www.runescape.com/rules/rule_third_party_software.ws#afk

As stated, it is illegal to be away from the game whilst logged in. If you don't/haven't AFK trained you'll be fine

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

It really isn't very hard to do, but it's going to feel like it's taking forever. I've been working on going from 86/85/85 to 90/90/90 by training controlled with slayer. It seems really tedious since you're not getting levels quite as fast, but in the long run it takes about the same amount of time as training them individually. Give it a try, and if you're going crazy with boredom after a while, then just do them individually.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

It really isn't very hard to do, but it's going to feel like it's taking forever. I've been working on going from 86/85/85 to 90/90/90 by training controlled with slayer. It seems really tedious since you're not getting levels quite as fast, but in the long run it takes about the same amount of time as training them individually. Give it a try, and if you're going crazy with boredom after a while, then just do them individually.

Okay thanks :thumbsup:

Nice Slayer level by the way !!! i really want 85.... any tips for me? im level 58 atm =D

Rainbow_Dude.png

Okay thanks :thumbsup:

Nice Slayer level by the way !!! i really want 85.... any tips for me? im level 58 atm =D

Well, do smoking kills and get a slayer helm, look at quests you do/don't want to do to unlock certain monsters, and take breaks every once in a while. Also, I hope I didn't stress you out too much with my previous post, basically as long as you are sitting at your computer and are conscious you are fine (Get some good movie sites and fishing sharks becomes one of the most relaxing training methods I know of :wink: ).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots