So, if you don't get a new weapon it's not worth looking into?

Romy

Disclaimer: I am NOT here to rant.

A few days ago, two suggestions for possible holiday event costume rewards popped to my head (one for Christmas and one for Halloween). Without thinking twice I entered Tip.It's "Bugs & Suggestions" forum to post my suggestios and see what kind of feedback I get.

I wasn't expecting a rush of replies or even views, I know my suggestions add nothing 'useful' to the game and are purely for fun. However, I thought the Tip.It community wouldn't dismiss my ideas as soon as they read the title, I thought I'd get SOME feedback,

The date and time of the suggestions, as seen in the thread are - 15th December 2009, 3:24 P.M.

It seems that the thread only has 6 replies (2 of them are mine) and 145 views (only one reply had something negative to say about my suggestions and that is that he wouldn't wear skirts and thus does not support).

Once again, I'd like to say I'm not here to rant, I'm here to ask-

Is the average Tip.It'er becoming more and more alike to the average Runescaper? Have we reached the point where if a suggestion has nothing to add to your max hit or a new method of making money, it's not even worth reading (let alone replying to)? And even without referring to this suggestion, have we reached the point where a quest is not worth even looking into if the final reward isn't too useful? I am certain we reached this point for the average Runecaper long, long ago, I just thought the average Tip.It'er would be different, was I wrong?

Disclaimer2: I'm not accusing you (the reader) for this specificly. In other words, there's no point in saying that you are not like that.

It tends to be the newer members, but it does seem to be happening more and more.

The amount of debate seems to have died down on most of the sub forums. Instead of people voicing there opinions and offering alternatives, there's more people giving 1 line answers with people avoiding commenting or offering counter opinions.

I was looking over some old topics earlier and I'll admit I sort of miss the old mass (spaces/dots added to avoid anyone taking the pee out of my word choices) ....... debates that used to happen. Like the 8+ page debate on fighter torso, the massive amounts of guides for a single subject or numerous alternative ways to do the same thing with people debating the pros and cons of each one.

The debate forum has toned down and I've not seen a truly question worthy topic in general discussion for a few weeks (thats my opinion atleast).

I think people are starting to go more and more down the "best" method route without questioning it.

O and your suggestion made me chuckle just the thought of half of RS players dressed as Christmas trees. Fits the bill, its funny and different.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I have no idea. I personaly love quests for the sake of the adventure and exploring. The reward is just a little extra addition. :P

Updates always are better in my eyes if we get now items to show off, but that doesnt mean they have to be usefull either. I just like a new look.

Over to the general tip.iter, I think all communities have many different people with different opinions. The stereotype that "All Tifers are better then All RSOFers" isnt really right. (That was just an example, mind you.) Both have their share of trolls, annoying people, etc but also have helpfull, nice and great people.

Are tifers becoming more "it has to be worth something to not be worthless"? Possibly. I havent noticed anything, but thats just me.

I have no idea. I personaly love quests for the sake of the adventure and exploring. The reward is just a little extra addition. :P

Updates always are better in my eyes if we get now items to show off, but that doesnt mean they have to be usefull either. I just like a new look.

Over to the general tip.iter, I think all communities have many different people with different opinions. The stereotype that "All Tifers are better then All RSOFers" isnt really right. (That was just an example, mind you.) Both have their share of trolls, annoying people, etc but also have helpfull, nice and great people.

Are tifers becoming more "it has to be worth something to not be worthless"? Possibly. I havent noticed anything, but thats just me.

I'm not talking about a specific Tip.It'er/Runescaper, but rather on the average of the group(s).

I'm not talking about a specific Tip.It'er/Runescaper, but rather on the average of the group(s).

Den was talking about the whole community, not just Tip.it. Besides it's you who think people in RSOF are lower than Tip.it.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

If you don't have something to contribute to a thread but are interest by the title why would you respond ? Do you simply want support or don't support posts ? Seems to me like you think your ideas are worthy of a large amount of people that view them telling you what they think about them, but maybe they respond/care about your idea because it is inconsequential.

britonlongbo.png

If you don't have something to contribute to a thread but are interest by the title why would you respond ? Do you simply want support or don't support posts ? Seems to me like you think your ideas are worthy of a large amount of people that view them telling you what they think about them, but maybe they respond/care about your idea because it is inconsequential.

Wouldn't that make this a rant then? :lol:

94qbe.jpg

It is really is a rant/discussion question based on a flawed idea :/

britonlongbo.png

So your basically saying that "Romy" is ranting because people don't post in his idea and you think he is needy? Or is the way I'm saying it to harsh? It's really weird to understand your post >.>

94qbe.jpg

No, I don't think so. Of course a thread about a new way to make money fast always gets more popular than one that discusses RS history, but I still think the average tip.iter is way better than the average RSer. I have seen no change in this. Of course there are some people here on TIF that are just here for money making threads and alike. But this community is still awesome.

I think that the main reason to this is that this is actually a free forum. It is not the RS forum.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

So your basically saying that "Romy" is ranting because people don't post in his idea and you think he is needy? Or is the way I'm saying it to harsh? It's really weird to understand your post >.>

Seems like it.

To say that he desires feedback would be wrong, because creating a topic like this makes me think he thinks that people are required to post if they read his topic to say what they think.

Romy, you're, to put it easily, an idiot. If people don't like something, it's better to let it die, unless it has potential, but some obvious flaws. The ideas you put were nothing special, so it's easier to let the damn thing die, rather than keep it bumped up with people posting useless feedback that will ultimately do nothing.

This thread basically is a rant saying "Why are't people posting on my topic even though they read it?"

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I'm saying he is making a gigantic leap in logic to say "people viewing but not responding to my posts = TIF is equal to RSOF

britonlongbo.png

Well I just read the suggestion to see what this was all about, and have to say that I didn't like the ideas. I usually don't go to the B&S forums, so I can't really compare it to other ideas and threads there though.

Just because 140 people read a thread doesn't mean they all have to post and give feedback, especially whith ideas like this. When a good suggestion is made i'm sure there are a lot of tiffers ready to support it or give feedback/CC on it. We should all be glad that this isn't like the RSOF where even the dumbest of ideas get dozens of people posting the word 'support' just to get on a supporters list.

I didn't post on your thread because I didn't like the ideas and can't think of a way to give feedback on them. I don't think i'd like looking like a fir tree, and I also don't think that text on equipment will work out in RS, so the hobo outfit is out for me too.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Face the facts. Tip.it is most likely the creator of 95% of the idiotic morons who play Runescape. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a dig at Tip.It... But the decent quality guides and information on anything/everything Runescape related makes the game easy for anyone who can use Google. Which in some cases would reduce the chance of people quitting because the game is too much of a challenge, or at least gaining a decent level without being excessively poor with low quest points.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The entirety of Bugs and Suggestions is pretty much like that, and has always been. Actually, if you didn't get flamed to holy hell, it's probably better than it used to be. Don't let that particular forum reflect upon the entire TIF community, and certainly don't let it burst the inflated notion of TIF's elitism.

Ideally, the only real purpose the Bugs and Suggestions forum should serve is a 'screening' room of the elites of TIF to comment and give feedback on your idea before you submit it to the place where it actually counts, RSOF, since that's where the creators of the game sometimes reside and where it may have a chance of being read by them and then being implemented into the game. However, and I could say regardless of the actual idea being presented, this does not happen, because most TIF'ers realize exactly what I just said - This is a fansite forum. JaGEx likely barely even reads its own suggestions forums, why would it read anything here? (Because it's unlikely that JaGEx shares in the whole TIF elitism belief as discussed earlier, meaning that TIF is just another small group of players to it.)

So yeah. And not to say that some of the ideas on these boards aren't just absolutely terrific and well thought out... The fansite feedback system just doesn't work. Maybe if Bugs and Suggestions were above General on the list of forums more people would visit it and read the ideas there and make their own. Because it would be more visible, and less easy to ignore, if everyone were forced to look at it before they went to General.

Anyway, after all that, it should be well understood that only the most universally accepted and supported ideas are ever used anyway. If your idea has anything absolutely new or controversial it probably won't fly. And if it does here, then it probably won't work for the folks on RSOF.

I'm not saying don't try, just... Don't expect anything to come from your efforts or creativity. Unless you make funny, stupid little videos on YouTube and get plane tickets to JaGEx Castle. Then maybe you matter. Or get maxed total level. Then you matter a little more than the other fellows on RSOF - but not by a lot... Yeah. Sorry... I'll go take a look at your ideas now Romy, and I'll be sure to comment... But it won't matter anyway.

2dgucz6.png

Oh god, the quality of the replies.

Once again, I'm NOT here to rant.

You can completely forget about the rest of my thread and only focus on the last part of questions, is all. I don't care that much for feedback on my suggestions, I barely invested 5 minutes of my time for those.

The reason I posted this thread in the first place was that I was simply surprised - I'd expect total disregard if I posted my suggestions on the RSOF, not on this Tip.It Forums, simply because I figured there's a higher level of maturity here, that dismissing a thread over 'in-game usefulness' is not an option here.

I also posted this thread because for quite a while, every time Jagex adds new quests, I can see rants on the Tip.it Forums on the quality of the rewards every second post. I'd expect some criticism or even reference on the plot and storyline, the connection to Runescape history, the chat, even the jokes... Is fun not a factor anymore?

P.S.

I'm a girl.

P.S.S

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The entirety of Bugs and Suggestions is pretty much like that, and has always been. Actually, if you didn't get flamed to holy hell, it's probably better than it used to be. Don't let that particular forum reflect upon the entire TIF community, and certainly don't let it burst the inflated notion of TIF's elitism.

Ideally, the only real purpose the Bugs and Suggestions forum should serve is a 'screening' room of the elites of TIF to comment and give feedback on your idea before you submit it to the place where it actually counts, RSOF, since that's where the creators of the game sometimes reside and where it may have a chance of being read by them and then being implemented into the game. However, and I could say regardless of the actual idea being presented, this does not happen, because most TIF'ers realize exactly what I just said - This is a fansite forum. JaGEx likely barely even reads its own suggestions forums, why would it read anything here? (Because it's unlikely that JaGEx shares in the whole TIF elitism belief as discussed earlier, meaning that TIF is just another small group of players to it.)

So yeah. And not to say that some of the ideas on these boards aren't just absolutely terrific and well thought out... The fansite feedback system just doesn't work. Maybe if Bugs and Suggestions were above General on the list of forums more people would visit it and read the ideas there and make their own. Because it would be more visible, and less easy to ignore, if everyone were forced to look at it before they went to General.

Anyway, after all that, it should be well understood that only the most universally accepted and supported ideas are ever used anyway. If your idea has anything absolutely new or controversial it probably won't fly. And if it does here, then it probably won't work for the folks on RSOF.

I'm not saying don't try, just... Don't expect anything to come from your efforts or creativity. Unless you make funny, stupid little videos on YouTube and get plane tickets to JaGEx Castle. Then maybe you matter. Or get maxed total level. Then you matter a little more than the other fellows on RSOF - but not by a lot... Yeah. Sorry... I'll go take a look at your ideas now Romy, and I'll be sure to comment... But it won't matter anyway.

Actualy, I know from past suggestions of mine (and some others) that when it comes to usefulness (even if it isn't much about fun) there are a lot more replies and a lot more discussion.

Have you ever thought that it was disregarded because, as you put it, you only spent 5 minutes on it and didn't flesh it out, rather than because it wasn't useful enough?

I know I glanced over it, thought that it didn't seem like a good idea, and kept going. The fact that I didn't feel like investing my time criticizing an idea that you obviously didn't put any work into doesn't make me elitist - it just makes me sane. I'm sure others feel the same.

On the actual topic, I have noticed the overall community of Tip.it has been decreasing, but this is not a new phenomenon - all communities have the same issues when they grow - hell, the main reason the RSOF is looked upon so badly is not because intelligent people ignore it - that's far from true - it's because it, like most things, follows Sturgeon's law. The only way you get good communities is hand-picked, small ones.

ollyc3spamag9.jpg

13480th to 99 fm on 08-23-08

saifznx2.jpg

lulzladehxa6.jpg

Have you ever thought that it was disregarded because, as you put it, you only spent 5 minutes on it and didn't flesh it out, rather than because it wasn't useful enough?

I know I glanced over it, thought that it didn't seem like a good idea, and kept going. The fact that I didn't feel like investing my time criticizing an idea that you obviously didn't put any work into doesn't make me elitist - it just makes me sane. I'm sure others feel the same.

On the actual topic, I have noticed the overall community of Tip.it has been decreasing, but this is not a new phenomenon - all communities have the same issues when they grow - hell, the main reason the RSOF is looked upon so badly is not because intelligent people ignore it - that's far from true - it's because it, like most things, follows Sturgeon's law. The only way you get good communities is hand-picked, small ones.

It's not only the amount of replies, but also the amount of views.

You see, whether or not I invested 5 minutes is not something you can tell from only looking at the title - thus my point, "If you don't get a new weapon it's not worth looking into?"