Fruit bats at the bank

Rhonda

I know why people use fruit bats - to get papayas - and I know why they do fruit fall near a bank - easy banking of papayas. What I don't get is why it has to be done right at the bank door. Is it pure laziness to not move 5 squares away from the door? The other part is the repetitive brrrrrr, plop-plop-plop, chitter sounds. Whenever I see a fruit bat out, I turn off all my game sounds - music, ambient and effects - but I can still hear the noise in my head. Guthix forbid when you get 3 or 4 people and their fruit bats in the same area. :wall: :ohnoes:

imevil.jpg

The reason people do it right at the bank door? Because it's faster.

If they were to move 5 squares away, then that makes each run slightly longer, and since they'll be doing it a lot, the time builds up. The current way they are doing it lets them get the most out of their bat.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

The reason people do it right at the bank door? Because it's faster.

If they were to move 5 squares away, then that makes each run slightly longer, and since they'll be doing it a lot, the time builds up. The current way they are doing it lets them get the most out of their bat.

An easier way of doing it is near a Karamja leprechaun, who can note the papayas, which cuts out the need to bank until you run out of scrolls.

The reason I have sounds on is to hear when I'm done doing my activity, currently smelting bars, while I read a book. :razz:

imevil.jpg

Who uses area sounds? :\

Me. In fact, i use all of the sounds.

But this thing`s not bothering me.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 2 weeks later...
An easier way of doing it is near a Karamja leprechaun, who can note the papayas, which cuts out the need to bank until you run out of scrolls.

Exactly. Using fruit bat near to a bank is a silly way of getting papayas. It's not as fast as the noting method and it's noisy and annoying for others.

The best method is probably to have a huge bunch of scrolls in your inventory as well as a handful of extra pouches then going Canifis (if the lepra lets you note tree fruit there) and just activating the scroll and noting the papayas and pineapples. There is a summoning obelisk very close and a bank not too far away if you run out of scrolls/pouches too.

You could also do a bit of herb and allotment farming at the same time.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Exactly. Using fruit bat near to a bank is a silly way of getting papayas. It's not as fast as the noting method and it's noisy and annoying for others.

The best method is probably to have a huge bunch of scrolls in your inventory as well as a handful of extra pouches then going Canifis (if the lepra lets you note tree fruit there) and just activating the scroll and noting the papayas and pineapples. There is a summoning obelisk very close and a bank not too far away if you run out of scrolls/pouches too.

You could also do a bit of herb and allotment farming at the same time.

No, it's better to go to the Varrock tree patch and chop ivy while your special bar is restoring.

Ah yes, never thought of chopping ivy because im already 99 wc.

edit: Nearest obelisk is by the GE/edge though. Not as close as Canifis. And doesnt an obelisk recharge special bar too?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

People use sounds outside of TD's?

Seriously though its faster the closer you are to the bank, doing it elsewhere is silly especially if your doing bank skills (fletching, alching, crafting, etc) while you wait for the bar to fill.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You're wondering why these people can't move a few more squares away from the bank door: why can't you use a bank booth that's farther away from the bank door? Unlike them, it doesn't affect what you're doing at all. And just out of curiosity: what caused this fruit bat phobia :ohnoes:

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.