Question about bestiary

This probably is the wrong section for this but I had a question. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I didn't see the thread.

How hard would it be to add a "Maximum Hit" and the max damage in one hit monsters are capable of to their bestiary listing?

This might be one of the least interesting signatures on the forum. Sorry.

Not hard at all. If you know they are "one hit monsters" then you know that they can hit for all the hp you have.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

That's exactly what I worry about. Even if it's not just one hit, but two or three, in a multi-way combat area you could be killed just as fast. The Chaos Dwarf Hand Cannoneers killed me three times one day, once when I was trying to fight and twice as I tried to get my items back. I had no idea they could hit for 35 to 40 hp damage!! Thankfully, this was when the place was brand new and there were a bunch of people there. Some good hearted souls kept my gravestone going long enough for me to get all my stuff.

Anyway, I just thought it might be a nice addition to the monsters information. Maybe it could just be added to the more powerful monsters first, the ones who are capable of hitting for 30 or more points, and slowly added along to the rest? I don't know. I just thought it was an interesting idea. I have no problem with the bestiary as it is now, I just thought adding that "stat" would be the next step.

(Edited to add)

Thanks to whomsoever moved my thread.

To be honest and in my honest opinion it is a good idea. Some monster entries do have a max hit info in the notes section of the bestiary, while others don't. Where would you see it going though? Would it be in he notes or a new box? I see it as a good idea. I will have to discuss the with the rest of the crew first though.

howlin1eeveesig.png

My two cents, it should be in a new box. just putting it in the notes could be messy.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Jard Y Dooku's monster examine guide (somewhere on the forums) will have that information.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

A new box under the bar that says "Aggressive" "Retreats" and so on would be good, and it could say

MAX HIT...Melee 45 Range 0 Magic 7,958

Does that seem reasonable? I'd add a graphic, but I don't know how I'd make one.

If this does happen, I'm going to brag all over the place it was my idea! Ha ha!

The point about dual or tri style npc's is a valid one.

I would also like to add that monster examine isn't always correct (Jad and Prime spring to mind) as it only takes into account 1 attack style.

Its an interesting concept, but at the same time would require a lot of work.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

JoeDaStudd, that's why my first question was "how hard would it be?" rather than "Why haven't you?" :thumbsup: I wanted to just plant the seed of an idea, rather than make a demand or anything. I know nothing about programming or website construction or upkeep (How do you spell main-ten-ence?). I think I said this before, I just thought it would be the next step in evolution.

It would probably be a fairly easy --although long and annoying, thing to do. Considering that the vast majority of the monsters rely on melee combat only, that vast majority can easily be gotten from Monster Examine. However, there is an issue with monsters that use ranged or magic attacks (such as, say, Mithril Dragons).

My thoughts on the matter is that the current system is good, but could have use a little adjustment. As mentioned before, some monsters have their max hit listed in the Notes section. My thoughts are that this is where is should go, and it should only go there for the stronger, more popular, etc. monsters. For example, have Zilyana's max listed, since it's pretty damn important. However, I don't think anyone is particularly interested in what something like a Ghoul can hit.

However, on the monstesr where no max hit is listed, and perhaps even on the mosnters where a max hit IS listed, include a "difficulty" rating, which would be compared against the monster's combat level and against monsters for a similar combat level, although the rating would be abritrary. For example, the Handcannoners are pretty dangerous for a ~level 100 monster and therefore would be rated fairly highly. But Living Rock Strikers, which are level 120, are pathetically weak and therefore would recieve a low rating. Again, on an abitrary scale.

The purpose of the max hit is to help the user assess the difficulty of the monster, correct?