Will 2010 continue to be a year of tweaks with little new content?

canadiansmurf

It doesn't really matter if 2010 is a year of tweaks with little new content anyway. An update is an update, and even the smallest ones count.

Also, what will happen in 2010, it's still too early to tell. I have a feeling you are being a bit prejudicial.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

2009 started with a clear flow of tears from Canadiansmurf. So far I'm unclear as to what 2010 will hold besides whining and a focus on berating every update as failed.

He seems to be continuing to making himself look like an [wagon].

I'm very disappointed (and not at all surprised) in the way he is already judging things this year based off one update when Jagex has barely done anything.

Whining about the quest cape.

Trying to claim the agility/skill updates weren't "real updates" like an elitist child.

Will we continue to see Canadiansmurf coasting by on putting more tears than thought into his threads rather than giving viable, constructive feedback?

While making a thread for feedback is okay, what is the point of doing so when you're going to say the exact same thing?

Also, why is so much whining done on TIF, isn't your kind more accepted on the RSOF?

CS seems to pat himself on the back every time he makes one of these threads, not is his moaning really that successful?

The "personalized shops was the last straw" thread was mediocre and pointless, and obviously not the last straw because he's still here. Just another thread to add to the millions no one takes seriously on RS.

Players want intelligence and expect whining. I'm tired of crybabies. Especially when there are so many intelligent players whose feedback we should be focusing on that wasn't addressed in 2009.

On a side note, where's the Johnson's No Tears baby shampoo. This thread is going to need about a crate and a half to last it until next week.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

3 weeks into the new year and you're jumping to conclusions why?

+1 thats what i was thinking.

+2 here.

I still want new content to be a prioriity and focus for Jagex again. Not tweaks repackaged as updates.

....and -1 for this :thumbdown: Tweaks are good when Jagex gets it right, it prevents old content from being obsolete for everyone. Why bother with new content if they're going be just shiny bits here and there? The only content that must be new is: Quest. There are times when they're off-form though, the BA one would be the first fall after:

Agility Benefits for Fishing, Hunter and Thieving

Nomad’s Requiem

Kuradal's Dungeon

The Temple at Senntisten

Potions, Spells and Runes

A fail after a 5-hit combo doesn't look that bad. :smile:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The one thing I wanted fixed last year wasn't. Whatever, GOP is still fun though buggy.

I hope Jagex responds to my Q&A post about it, although that's probably like trying to win the lottery.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd much rather they perfected skills then added new ones.

Say they now added a brand new skill with the same content as hunter had on its release with the same amount of impact on other skills. Within a few weeks people would get bored and forget about it and carry on doing whatever they normally do.

Add extra features, content and enhancements to something exsisting and it changes the whole game in a small but noticeable way.

Summoning is a lot more popular as is using prayer (even before adding curses) more often all due to quick buttons and added options. Agility is becoming so useful I feel a fool for never leveling it past 70.

The weather conditions in the UK have made it unfit to work for the first few weeks of the for most of the country. The fact that there wasn't any massive bugs with the last 2 updates shows that they've been working damn hard.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I posted on the Jagex Lite forums as I had the same concern... We don't really know what 2010 will have in store for us.

I actually received a response by Mod Mark H which cleared up a few things (though vague, and understandably so), and is an interesting read, even if it doesn't reveal that much that we didn't already know.

QFC: 133-134-281-60244239 to see all of it, but here are a few tidbits:

A fair request and a well written thread.

Happy to oblige!

Now, I can't given any hints about the new skill.

We're keeping that one close to the chest because I don't think we want to do what we did with Summoning and raise a lot of hype and expectations.

It's also pretty secret here at D&D HQ, I know a few things but not much and that's the same for many of us.

But, I can talk about some of our Community Projects....

*snip*

Oh, and here's a little quote from Mod MMG himself which was posted at the start of the year;

So, what is the new year going to bring? For one, we want to continue producing quests at the rate and quality that we have been, which means expanding the most popular storylines and bringing a couple to dramatic conclusions. We’ll also be casting a critical eye over our existing skills, searching for holes, and filling them with new training activities and rewards. That’s before we even mention the new skill that is coming in 2010! And yes, there will be new combat equipment as well, and also a new Grandmaster quest – but more on that closer to release.

~ MMH ~

I then asked if there would be a change in how they reveal/give hints on future updates (as opposed to just using twitter, etc)

Hey there,

No problem.

Well, I think we have said that we will announce what the new skill is before it's launched. But like I said, I don't think we can say much on it.

I don't think we will change the way we announce updates, I think we plan on keeping things quite quiet until launch, but being open about any changes we do make.

I know a lot of people would prefer to know now or via Dev Diaries like with Summoning, but I'm not entirely sure it will be for the best. This way we at least minimise people judging updates before they come out and approaching them in a negative manner.

~ MMH ~

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

I'd much rather they perfected skills then added new ones.

Say they now added a brand new skill with the same content as hunter had on its release with the same amount of impact on other skills. Within a few weeks people would get bored and forget about it and carry on doing whatever they normally do.

Add extra features, content and enhancements to something exsisting and it changes the whole game in a small but noticeable way.

Summoning is a lot more popular as is using prayer (even before adding curses) more often all due to quick buttons and added options. Agility is becoming so useful I feel a fool for never leveling it past 70.

The weather conditions in the UK have made it unfit to work for the first few weeks of the for most of the country. The fact that there wasn't any massive bugs with the last 2 updates shows that they've been working damn hard.

You mean the QA team did. Content team's work on this stuff was pretty much wrapped up weeks ago.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.