Manifest Destiny

Retech

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many are there?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The Ikanans send a scouting party to check up on the strange creature.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I know what one is, i googl'd it :P

I was going to attempt swarm if theres only like 5

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Goa'uld

The goa'uld succeed in using a powerful attack against a blinded foe, killing 20 sharks. (25 sharks remaining).

+0.5 Combat

-Steve

You encounter a group of whale-plankton.

(Oh, on Hegemony, why don't you let me have South-East Asia (the islands at least, not Thailand and that) and you can go on and conquer Mongolia. You have lots of land to expand)

-Icu

There are about 15 (These are monkfish plankton. Sorta like monks in search of the holy grail. No resemblance to a real monkfish)

-Ikana

The scouting party is brutally poisoned, then dragged up into the dome. (I'm assuming the party is like 10) (90 microbes)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I WAS wondering why monkfish were looking for a holy grail XD

I send my 20 big guys to attack 10 of them, while the 160 other swarm the rest, latching on them, and the burrowing in and eating vital organs

It's a REALLY big shaft.

-Steve

The whale plankton don't understand you. They seem to communicate in a way you don't understand.

-Icu

Despite the fact that they were just monks, they are still an evolutionary grade higher. Their skin seems to be protected with some shield of some sort, and you're repulsed. They pick up the shiny thing and start carrying it away.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The Ikanans leave, and search around for more supplies. On the way they try to comunicate using electrical pulses. (Last night I think you said I had 200 microbes btw)

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Guess its better than dying

I tell my guys that the relic wasn't from the surface and never glowed anyway

We hunt some plankton and try mitosis

It's a REALLY big shaft.

-Ikana

You're right. You have 200. The Ikanans fail to communicate that way, though they find some kelp.

-Icu

Your people are saddened and refuse to move until they fight back.

-Goa'uld

You scare off the remaining sharks.

I assure them if it was so easily taken then it must not of been the will of the light to let us have it, maybe it was a trap to slow us down

It's a REALLY big shaft.

The Ikanans ration the kelp, and store the rest. They use some of the kelp to make a paste to reinforce the dwelling.

TUBULAR BELLS!

-Icu

Some of them listen, though they are still greatly saddened. The monkfish ask them if you'd like to follow them into the surface.

+2 points

-Paul

You succeed in making the paste.

+0.3 Intelligence

We accept the monkfish's invitation and set out to the surface with the monkfish

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I have to go now. Also, I will try to keep the player roster updated. I have all the information in my notebook, but I'll try to update it on the front page too.

kRKTi.jpg

The Casthens begin an extensive program of religious breeding 'parties' to become to the perfect being(I will just repeat ad infinium till I get the mix I want

Key:

Yellow are movement sensitive stalks, they detect water movement, similar to pass sonar. There are two sets(so 4 in total) to render a fairly 3D image

Red are light sensitive clusters...They only have a few centimeters(since they are only a few milimeters long) worth of sight, but it should be enough for now. There are two sets of light sensitive clusters(6 in all) and they are located fore and aft. Together they provide 99600 degrees of sight. The only area they cannot see is directly above their heads.

The brown (difficult to see, sorry, basically the green splodges) are light transmitters and recievers. They are the bits that glow, and the bits that detect glowing...They can basically tell the luminosity of something but no fine details.

The orange are the fins and are basically the main form of movement, beyond snake-like muscle movement anyway.

The blue are pressure sensitve stalks, basically whiskers, to prevent them entering holes they can't fully fit though. They also double as extra sensitive movement sensors when it water/liquid.

Finally the darkish purple is the mouth, it is in the middle of the Whiskers.

It doesn't really have any offensive weapons since they want to get eaten.

Genders are thus.

The Coptex

The Centex

The Kaytex

The Ceetex

The Kintex

The Coptex must first create the ova, which must be passed to the Centex though the act of copulation(hence the name) which then reborn in a hard shelled egg.

The Centex birth the egg in stages, focused around the center(the curved bit) a little bit like a pearl is formed, all the while passing on genetic material.

The Kaytex the checks the egg to make sure it ok and implants some of its own genetic material.

The Ceetex then conducts a grand light show in celebration of the eggs formation, then passes its genetic codes on.

The Kintex then carries the egg until it hatches, and, while not passing on any material, looks after and raises the baby Casthens.

The mating is fairly complicated...but the mating ritual is even more complicated!

The Coptex comes to ovulation once a year and choses a Centex. The Coptex then wraps itself around the Centex and force passes the egg. The Centex rarely wants to have to birth the egg and thus the Coptex will stay wrapped, eventually being digested by the Centex to form the egg itself.

The Centex, once free from the Coptex then let the egg go...since the Centex and Coptex will always be near enough immobile for some weeks it is almost always birthed on the ground.

The Kaytex then swarm about half a year after the Coptex first produces the egg and fight for dominance over the eggs, hoping to get as many as possible.

The Ceetex then bring gifts and do their grand light show for the Kaytex who controls the most eggs, the Kaytex then eats the Ceetex that is the best(and hasn't been eaten by another Kaytex)(The Ceetex allows itself to eaten by the best Kaytex). The Kaytex then passes its, and the Ceetex's, genetic material to the eggs by smearing fluroine rich blood across the egg surface(Which as we know will soak though...) A dominate Kaytex will die before serving all the eggs.

The Kintex, which is by far the most common, usually because they are the simplist to produce(Having roughly 1/5 of the chromosomes, but most of the intelligence, strength and such), will then adopt a single egg, which it will raise as its own, before eventually dying and being eaten by the babies.

Of all the genders only the Centex and Kintex have a lifespan longer than a mating season. The Centex can last for maybe seven generations, while the Kintex only last about two years.

However all of the genders, except the Kintex, are interchangable, similar to the way clown fish are interchangable, thus why they have such massive chromsomes.

Generally each egg will birth 50 live Castens, and 5 will fall into each class, except the Kintex, which makes up 25 of the live Casthens.

In many ways this reflects the religious manner of their lives, essentially all going round and round in a circle...as well as the canabalistic side of them. Not to mention the Ceetex's light display which shows how massively the glowing/bio-lum gene develops over time.

Hopefully I will get some points for describing this nice complicated system...Which translates as:

3 Casthens will die to produce 1 egg, which takes 1 year to reach maturity, but that 1 egg will birth 50 Casthens, 5 of which will be Coptex, 5 Centex, 5 Kaytex, 5 Ceetex, who are all immediately fertile, especially the Coptex who are only discouraged from mating with its brother Centex by strong instinctal habits, and 25 Kintex who are totally infertile.

Of these the Centex tend to be strong warriors, having successive generations of Coptex hanging off them gives them a number of spines that they can use as weapons, these, though, can be a bad thing as they can tear the Centex open, thus killing him. However most of the genetic advantages of being a Casthen go to the Kintex, who can live sixty or so years before fathering children, but will die two years later to sustain the next generation. All of the other types can live up to 90 years, but rarely make their second year due to mating requirements.

Thus population growth is fairly exponetial, reproducing at a rate of 47 per year. However the next generation will only yield 235 live Casthen, rather than the potential 2350 if they were all asexual or 1175 if they were disexual.

(Years are used as a generic term, not exact, since the 'year' is marked by the beginning of the mating season.)

Microb Bob is reborn after a number of generations as the illustrious 6th sex, the Architex(Sheer coincidence actually, no seriously, it was), which is extreme, extremely rare. The Architex can reproduce asexually, and produce any of the 4 sexually active ones, but not the Kintex or other Architex. Typically Architex are born when Archi(Hence their name) wishes to interefer in their lives...Thus Architexs are demi-gods.

Course a heratic, long ago, suggested that Architex are just the evolutionary ancestor which created the five genders because of some idea someone had that 5 sexes would make more powerful babies. The fact that this is true is neither here nor there.

Anyway Microb Bob wonders what has changed inside the fish stomach.

Give me points!!!! :thumbsup:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Errrr, I'll see what we can do tomorrow. :)