Clue Drops Random?

Soulfire21

Are they totally random? Fighting blue dragons proves strange for me. In one day I got 3 clues, but then again I went 2 weeks without a clue... And I fought quite a few (forgot how many, sold the hides too).

But still, are they a completely random drop? Just curious. Any input would help.

Drops are random, yes, but if you have an Amulet of Glory and a Ring of Wealth I've heard they've got bits that improve your odds of getting good drops - I'm not sure if that affects clues or not, however.

Valdesta

I've gotten a clue off the first hellhound killed twice. One time I wasn't even planning on killing them, but just shot one for fun. The other time I was poisoned on the way to them so I decided to kill one and got a clue. Coincidentally that clues reward included a robin hood >.>(back when they were 3.3mil or so, same with dragon meds)

• 2 months later...

yup, its totally random, ive been killing hellhounds for a week without and clue. and when i go to the heros guild to hally the blue drag, i get a clue first up

now THAT'S random!

Fire cape - 10th attempt - 28/10/06

94 Magic Achieved December 26th 2006|99 Magic Achieved January 20th 2007

illidan+98.png

Jack and Jill went up the hill

yup random. but i have to say, hallying hell hounds is by far the best way i'm capeable of. i got 3 in a day once (nothing good really, my luck died out ever since i was born :lol: ), the other day 1, the other 1 again.. also there pretty good exp if you hally em compared to blk demons n blk drags.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Drops are random, yes, but if you have an Amulet of Glory and a Ring of Wealth I've heard they've got bits that improve your odds of getting good drops - I'm not sure if that affects clues or not, however.

Valdesta

The ring of wealth does NOT increase the frequency of clue scroll drops, nor does it increase the value of the Treasure Trail reward. The Ring of Wealth only increases the chances you'll get a better/rarer drop from the monsters you're killing. A clue scroll is not considered to be a rare drop.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!