28-Jan-2010 - RuneScape Q&A � Mark Gerhard Answers

Toad

--snip 2 quotes--

incorrect. the transition to consoles, if possible, is not just graphical - it means there needs to be plenty of cooperation between jagex and the companies involved - plenty of negotiations, deals etc to be done. that is if they even want to have runescape on the console (it could draw players away from other games). some of them will also want to squeeze as much money out of it as possible (microsoft).

so no, runebox360 is not coming soon at all.

mmg mentions it on the thread also.

By creating a completely non-java client its nothing to do with the graphics. Take the java out of the game and you just have images and data, no display at all.

To do this it means they have created a completely new UI. Why would they create a new UI solely for PC when every popular OS out there can run RS either in a web-browser or on the client by simply installing java.

Thats a whole lot of work to solve "white screening".

You only do a full scale UI change if you either want to port or repackage the program. Since RS has been repackaged a dozen times within the last year or so I doubt its that.

That leaves porting, since it will run on 99% of PC OS's using java there would be little reason to spend so much time just to port it to the other 1% or say 10% who don't want java at all. Take PC's out of the equation that internet compatible devices do you have left?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes botting has reduced substantially since we decided to permanently ban all botters our systems detect, as a result we will be liberalizing the trade limits in due course.
so....... no more trade limits or just more freedom with trade limits?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I really, really, really, really, really wished that from the outset that they gave the date and time for the Runescape Content team Q&A and said that they wouldn't be answering any question on future content and just ignored them. I got seriously annoyed reading through 7 pages of answers and having 6 1/2 of them being about stuff that he couldn't talk about and was happening "soon."

On another note, can MMG just skip his Q&As from now on? If you want a straight answer, ask Mod Stevew. :thumbup:

-edit- I love their solution for merchanting clans. They're idea is to "inform" people about the dangers of merchanting clans, but apparently they're stopping short of actually doing anything to stop them. It appears akin to your friend telling you that the person driving the car you're riding in is drunk, but they aren't going to actually stop you from getting in the car. Meanwhile, we, the people not in the clans, are the people driving our cars normally on the other side of the road and get hit by the out of control people and find our godsword worth 12 million less than we paid for it a week ago.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I'm of the opinion an optional filter is a good thing.

Lets be honest. Filter or not, there are kids which are going to curse in any situation. With the current filter, they evade the filter to do so. If an optional filter was put in place, they would simply be saying the full word instead of the abbreviation. There would be no reason to evade the filter, and because of that those who do not wish to see these words don't have to.

Sure, on the first day lots of people would be swearing up and down because they think its funny and cool, but a week later nobody would care. Those that don't want to hear it, can turn the filter on.

I believe the reason most people curse now is because they cannot. I guess the whole reason little kids think its a "cool" thing is because you can't do it. Just like people think its cool to "hack" certain parts of the game. It's because other people can't do it so it makes them feel special and better than everyone else. Let everyone do it and they'll get bored of it.

It's a positive for people like me so I don't have to go around listening to a 12 year old saying curse abbreviations every other word to evade the current filter.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Yes, but despite their claims Jagex treats their community as a whole like we're a bunch of children. It's probably because it mostly is. I'd still give anything to be treated like an adult for once.

AgileSlayer: MMG, what specifically are you going to do over the next five years to improve the game?

MMG: Yeah, Runescape is gonna be awesome! Sweet! Yeah dude!

AgileSlayer: I'm 24 years old, not 12 years old. You don't have to act like that.

MMG: Hard work! Machinima! You're gonna love it! Epicness! Woot!

*AgileSlayer hangs her head and walks away slowly, weeping softly*

Iddison may have been all about the money, but at least you got something for your money.

Yes botting has reduced substantially since we decided to permanently ban all botters our systems detect, as a result we will be liberalizing the trade limits in due course.
so....... no more trade limits or just more freedom with trade limits?

It means they will make the trade limit less strict. :) I think its the case as much as they would love to remove it, it would create the whole botting fiasco again, no matter how good their bot detection system is.

I hope they emphasis on the 'less strict' part, I would love to be able to give away large amounts of cash again to help friends and stuff. :)

Yes, but despite their claims Jagex treats their community as a whole like we're a bunch of children. It's probably because it mostly is. I'd still give anything to be treated like an adult for once.

AgileSlayer: MMG, what specifically are you going to do over the next five years to improve the game?

AgileSlayer: I'm 24 years old, not 12 years old. You don't have to act like that.

Iddison may have been all about the money, but at least you got something for your money.

Wow...what were you expecting from the Q&A? A complete schedule of future content releases? When did MMG ever say or imply that he was going to spoil future content? It's like you're walking out of an astronomy lecture complaining that the professor didn't talk about UFOs. You're missing the whole point.

And that's beside the fact that MMG isn't even on the content team. They have their own Q&A coming up.

this

Miseryism | Completionist

Wow...what were you expecting from the Q&A? A complete schedule of future content releases? When did MMG ever say or imply that he was going to spoil future content? It's like you're walking out of an astronomy lecture complaining that the professor didn't talk about UFOs. You're missing the whole point.

And that's beside the fact that MMG isn't even on the content team. They have their own Q&A coming up.

I wasn't looking for Runescapt content spoilers. I was looking for content. And by that, I mean some substance. This Q&A was nearly worthless as he told us practically nothing about anything. And I mean *anything.* If they're not going to answer any questions, then don't bother having a Q&A.

And to quote an earlier post I made on this page:

I really, really, really, really, really wished that from the outset that they gave the date and time for the Runescape Content team Q&A and said that they wouldn't be answering any question on future content and just ignored them. I got seriously annoyed reading through 7 pages of answers and having 6 1/2 of them being about stuff that he couldn't talk about and was happening "soon."

I wasn't looking for Runescapt content spoilers. I was looking for content. And by that, I mean some substance. This Q&A was nearly worthless as he told us practically nothing about anything. And I mean *anything.* If they're not going to answer any questions, then don't bother having a Q&A.

See, this would make sense if he didn't answer the questions. Except that he did. Notice how the questions have answers that answer the questions. It's not Gerhard's fault that the answers aren't exciting to you personally.

See, this would make sense if he didn't answer the questions. Except that he did. Notice how the questions have answers that answer the questions. It's not Gerhard's fault that the answers aren't exciting to you personally.

Very few questions were answered in any true and meaningful way. The ones that were, were answered by Mod Stevew.

Pretty much summed up what every player with half a brain has been feeling for the last few months.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

Pretty much summed up what every player with half a brain has been feeling for the last few months.

Yes, but where does the blame lie? With Jagex for treating the community like children or the community for acting like children?

Very few questions were answered in any true and meaningful way. The ones that were, were answered by Mod Stevew.

I get the feeling we aren't talking about the same Q&A here. The one I read answered all the questions in what seemed like an honest manner.