28-Jan-2010 - RuneScape Q&A � Mark Gerhard Answers

Toad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of boring, IMO. He was very vague, and he only answered maybe five different questions (each of those five were asked a hundred times or more).

I didn't think it started until 8?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Kind of boring, IMO. He was very vague, and he only answered maybe five different questions (each of those five were asked a hundred times or more).

There's questions he's already answered (from a thread of questions over the past few weeks)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

There are answers posted on the RSOF right now. I'm not quite sure if that was a live session or not, as I usually don't take part in those.

Ninja'd by Smellysocks. :ph34r:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

ROFL, the Q&A just started and 10 pages of questions filled up in one minute xD I was hoping to get first page and was keeping a keen eye on it, but only managed the 8th page -_-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Seeing that RuneScape has grown through this first decade of the millennium can you say you have plans to continue supporting and updating RuneScape throughout this new decade if all goes as planned and monkeys dont take over the world?

Looking at our politicians' behaviour, I suspect that monkeys have already taken over!

Thats a bit racist.

=0

Seeing that RuneScape has grown through this first decade of the millennium can you say you have plans to continue supporting and updating RuneScape throughout this new decade if all goes as planned and monkeys dont take over the world?

Looking at our politicians' behaviour, I suspect that monkeys have already taken over!

Thats a bit racist.

How?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Volume493 asks:

Will there be a new high lvl boss monster this year?

==============================================================

We are always looking at new ways to bring more excitement to RuneScape, and certainly the range and level of monsters is one of the things our content team considers.

Of course, in true Jagex style, we don't like to give away the details of any future updates until they happen - but I think it's pretty safe to say that boss monsters will always have a place in RuneScape!

Steve

Thanks for that terribly enlightening answer, Steve. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg

Thats a bit racist.

It's common knowledge that politicians have a reputation to not be efficient, this probably has nothing to do with a certain president. Please take into context that there are over 150 countries in the world with countless politicians. The world does not revolve around one specific politician or country. I, for one, can claim that politicians in my country act a lot like mindless monkeys sometimes...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have a feeling this whole thread will be "we really like X and will always look to improve X however I can't say anything about that at this time"

You've hit the hammer on the head (with a nail).

dgs5.jpg

I have a feeling this whole thread will be "we really like X and will always look to improve X however I can't say anything about that at this time"

It always is like that. The skill is infering small details from the smaller parts of what they say.

zqXeV.jpg

It always is like that. The skill is infering small details from the smaller parts of what they say.

Yeah but I was hoping at least being the new year and everything they might give us something to chew on - but you're right, there might be a few little clues here and there.

Usually the only clues come when Andrew does a Q&A. Usually that's because he basically has final say on what we as the users get to know of future content. Meaning even MMG has to be careful and reserved when answering, but Andrew can say what he pleases almost. (I think).

zqXeV.jpg

My heart skipped at this:

"Sorry no clues about the new skill here - except to say that it won't be 'sailing' and it will be released in a month with at least 28 days in it - lol.

Steve "

Then I read on...:

"PS

^^ Just to clarify - ALL months have at least 28 days!"

F U.... -_-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Q) Smellysocks

Hello Mark, My questions relate more to storylines because I'm an avid adventurer!

1) The Frozen Door, we all know there's a lot of speculation surrounding this door, is there any great significance behind this door is there a "skeleton" in the gods closets?

2) Written word in Gielinor starts with Guthix inhabiting the land, powerful artefacts including the Stone of Jas predate written knowledge before Guthix infact, so my question is if Jas is an elder god will we ever see a return of such a god or goddess? Or is she/he already amongst us?

3) "Within the Light" refreshed many memories last year in preparations for the opening of Prifddinas which we learn the infamous crystal city has now been reverted to it's purest form (a seed), opening of such a city to humans is surely going to be a focal point, with players having to chant the city back to life (I've been working that c-flat for a few months now ). My question is will we learn more about Seren? There is little knowledge about her.

I personally can't wait for the years possible updates, Mahjarrat ritual - yum, skill - yum, Return of an uber-god lots of yum. I hope the development team has fun creating these pieces of content and the players have even more fun experiencing it!

Thank you for your time,

Smellysocks

------------------------

A) Thanks for the feedback Smelly

I can assure you that the development team are having lots of fun creating the future content of RuneScape

Congratulations, Smelly. Your question wasn't answered. Why does MMG even bother, honestly?

dgs5.jpg

Q) Smellysocks

Hello Mark, My questions relate more to storylines because I'm an avid adventurer!

1) The Frozen Door, we all know there's a lot of speculation surrounding this door, is there any great significance behind this door is there a "skeleton" in the gods closets?

2) Written word in Gielinor starts with Guthix inhabiting the land, powerful artefacts including the Stone of Jas predate written knowledge before Guthix infact, so my question is if Jas is an elder god will we ever see a return of such a god or goddess? Or is she/he already amongst us?

3) "Within the Light" refreshed many memories last year in preparations for the opening of Prifddinas which we learn the infamous crystal city has now been reverted to it's purest form (a seed), opening of such a city to humans is surely going to be a focal point, with players having to chant the city back to life (I've been working that c-flat for a few months now ). My question is will we learn more about Seren? There is little knowledge about her.

I personally can't wait for the years possible updates, Mahjarrat ritual - yum, skill - yum, Return of an uber-god – lots of yum. I hope the development team has fun creating these pieces of content and the players have even more fun experiencing it!

Thank you for your time,

Smellysocks

------------------------

A) Thanks for the feedback Smelly

I can assure you that the development team are having lots of fun creating the future content of RuneScape

Congratulations, Smelly. Your question wasn't answered. Why does MMG even bother, honestly?

In fairness that would have been a pretty big spoiler if answered, I don't mind... I refreshed the topic for a good 10 minutes before the reply button appeared, by that time I thought I was hallucinating reply.. it took me a good 10 seconds to click it

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I don't think any of you should be expecting many content-related questions to be answered. It's possible Mark doesn't know what exactly is being worked on, he's not a developer remember. Andrew on the other hand can answer those questions.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Some information about me that you probably didn't know, -How about I drive a tanks for [cabbage]z and giggles

I [bleep]ing lol'd. A Jagex Moderator is censor-evading. I like MMG a little more.

dgs5.jpg