70 Prayer

squidsquash

I've been busting my hump to try to come up with the 2,149 dragon bones that seperate me from 56-70 prayer and it is killing me. Every time I check it gets more and more expensive due to the increase in price of the dragon bones. I wanted to get 70 prayer to use Piety and a Salve ammy (e) on the armoured zombies to gain some fast levels, but I am now starting to wonder if it is worth the effort to raise 10m+ to get enough cash for the bones and being complete welfare afterwards.

I know this is my decision to make, you can't make my decisions for me. But I am just wondering what do you think I should do? Is chivalry worth using on armoured zombies? I have 200~ bones banked, and getting from 56-60 I only need around 300. Or should I just go for the glory and shoot for 70?

And PLEASE do not say "Slayer." I know it's the best way to train combat, I know if I max stats without training it I will be kicking myself later, but I am just looking for some decent levels so I can go boss hunting with friends/groups.

Thanks.

JacTheRipper.png

id kill green dragons for the bones, youd make a nice profit too

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I would personally get enough cash (don't welfare yourself) to pay off 70 prayer. It is much more worth it than chivalry, considering they drain at the same rate. Do whatever you like for it. 10M is a hefty price tag, but with something simple yet profitable (like barrows) you can get the bones in a week's time.

Questah_270.png

Quest Cape is on the way!

IMO it is worth it to get 70 prayer. Barrows trips will last longer due to having more prayer points restored, and GWD becomes open(due to needing 70 prayer to get into a decent team).

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I would go for it im at 71 right now and fixing to get 92 will be a 102m price on it but i got about 160m cash banked and another 50m in items. Even if i dont always use the new prayers will be good for gwd

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Do NOT kill green dragons for bones. You are much better off doing something else for money and buying bones.

Piety and blessing gravestones are 100% worth it! I would not hesitate one minute to spend the money. Remember it is your skills that show on your highscores, not your cashpile. In addition, having 70 prayer makes it much easier to find boss monster teams.

If you are going to kill boss monsters, I'd say around 85-90 melees for a small team would suffice. 90/95+ is a must if you are soloing, however.

TY for the words of encouragement :)

Maybe I should get myself 1m cash more than I need before I go and break my bank?

And I would do Barrows runs for the cash, but I would have to buy myself a full verac's set, setting me back a bit of money :/ Is it worth it to spend the cash for verac's and supplies then do a LOT of barrows runs? I'm not interested in selling the equipment back seeing as more effective barrowing is one of the reasons I want 70 prayer ^_^

JacTheRipper.png

Maybe I should get myself 1m cash more than I need before I go and break my bank?

And I would do Barrows runs for the cash, but I would have to buy myself a full verac's set, setting me back a bit of money :/ Is it worth it to spend the cash for verac's and supplies then do a LOT of barrows runs? I'm not interested in selling the equipment back seeing as more effective barrowing is one of the reasons I want 70 prayer ^_^

YES I personaly prefer Mage there with a black salamander. Although it is defenitly worth it with verac's.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

Do NOT kill green dragons for bones. You are much better off doing something else for money and buying bones.

Last time I checked, grinding green dragons was one of the BEST ways to make money aside from boss hunting. If you do end up killing green dragons, bank the hides as well to sell for more bones. On top of this, farm herbs every 75-90 minutes for additional profit.

Everything else Zaaps said I agree with. You will NEED 70 prayer to boss hunt anyway.

Green dragons are about 400k-500k per hour, right? That's pretty average, so something like barrows would average higher.

Last time I checked, grinding green dragons was one of the BEST ways to make money aside from boss hunting. If you do end up killing green dragons, bank the hides as well to sell for more bones. On top of this, farm herbs every 75-90 minutes for additional profit.

Everything else Zaaps said I agree with. You will NEED 70 prayer to boss hunt anyway.

The reason that green dragons are so good is that they drop bones and hides very fast, if you keep the bones their profitability for more bones is only 1/3 of what they are normally; so you'd be better off getting money faster somewhere else.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Green dragons are about 400k-500k per hour, right? That's pretty average, so something like barrows would average higher.

1.3m profit an hour cannoning. At maxed stats I can get 1m an hour just with melee or ranging.

where do you cannon green drags? wild?

Yes

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

YES I personaly prefer Mage there with a black salamander. Although it is defenitly worth it with verac's.

70 prayer is worth it if you ask me. As for barrows, if you just get the skirt and the brassard and a salamander that would work for barrows I think. The brassard and skirt don't cost that much...I think.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Im only 81 defence at 121 combat but even without any good armour i can still get at least 2 chests per barrows run just using dragon boots/black d hide/neit helm/glory/ and good old salamander.

For inventory i normally use whip-rune defender-dds-rune c bow-500b broad bolts-1 combat potion-1 defence potion-3 prayer potions-rest monks and spade.

Try this out if you want. I'm 70 prayer and normally have 1.5 prayer pots after do 2-3 chests and it only costs like 30K per run.

What i do for the brothers is spec out karils first with dds

Then Range ahrims

Then Sally dharoks with rest of prayer.

I normally kill rest of brothers without prayer due to them not hitting as high nor accurate.

You don't need good gear to do barrows even with 80 defence.

If you want to bring some bones to peaches tabs for the tunnels and you can get 1-2 more chests.

Goodluck on getting the extra cash for 70 prayer it's way worth it later in the game.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

I was considering swapping out the verac's helm for neit to save me the 4.3m or whatever, but do I really have to switch attack styles for the different brothers? I was hoping to just kill them all with the salamander mage option :S

Kill them all with the mage option for the sally besides Ahrim, use the range option for him.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~