Yay pixel-art updated with old stuff

DementedHero

I was browsing through the oldest pages in the gallery, stuff from like 6 years back. Awesome.

Then somehow I felt the need to do a little bit of pixel-art. See if I could still do that. Man it's been a while, does anyone remember that, the pixel-craze? xD

Some sorta snake dragon hydra thingie. With a leaf-tail. Yup.

pixellll.png

Oh and keep your eyes peeled for something huge shirt-related pretty damn soon. Heehee.

Ehehe was browsing through some old photobucket stuff, came across some old pixelsigs I never finished. I think this was the best pixelwork I've ever done.

Sadly I lost interest in RuneScape and had no reason to finish these anymore.

Don't think anyone has seen these before over here, so figured I'd post em:

sigjewip.png

nik2.png

tipitsigte0.png

I was just randomly browsing the good TIF forums (aka General Discussions)

when i saw this:

10 minutes ago

In: Yay pixel-art

By: DementedHero

i instantly came, then i saw your image and i died. No flaws as always

LONG LIVE THE GALLERY

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Yup I made my fair share of runescape millions with that too.

I just checked, my pixel-sig-tutorial is still on the first page at the zybez runescape community tutorial forum xD Looking back at it, jesus christ what was I thinking making such a long tutorial. Holy [cabbage].

TJ, as in The Jeppoz? Pixel-art-technically when I look back at it, I'd say the best was Misterxman. The Jeppoz used way way too many colors to fit the purpose and feeling of true pixel art.

But it was a great time, that Godslayer guy was cool too, he experimented more with the foundations of pixel-art. He still hangs around on pixelation I think.

tipitsigte0.png

Its been so long I guess I forgot it was the same person. What made TJ stand out to me was some of his works were the first pixels were I could really see a effort at lighting. Godslayer was incredible at pixel art. The people over at pixelation are just amazing, they are like the elitist club of pixel artist. I wish I was half as good as any of those guys..

tFtfA.jpg

Can I have that as mah avatar? Looks great tbh!

Sure, go ahead.

Took me about 45 minutes to about an hour.

Yeah Pixelation is awesome, love browsing around over there. I think Terley hangs out there too, he's pretty good with the whole pixel thing as well.

tipitsigte0.png

I was just randomly browsing the good TIF forums (aka General Discussions)

when i saw this:

10 minutes ago

In: Yay pixel-art

i instantly came, then i saw your image and i died. No flaws as always

LONG LIVE THE GALLERY

Not much more to say than this, phenomenal work.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Oh, hey demented. Lol everyone that was on here when I first came is posting again... Minus a few.

Did you guys not want the gallery to die, or are you just posting stuff.

Shiny you need to figure out a way to pull in some art trainees so this huge down time the gallery had doesn't happen. Maybe the feature in the Tip.it times like Hawk said? Set up a list of tutorials that are orginized better from beginner to advanced to Techniques.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Yup I made my fair share of runescape millions with that too.

I just checked, my pixel-sig-tutorial is still on the first page at the zybez runescape community tutorial forum xD Looking back at it, jesus christ what was I thinking making such a long tutorial. Holy [cabbage].

TJ, as in The Jeppoz? Pixel-art-technically when I look back at it, I'd say the best was Misterxman. The Jeppoz used way way too many colors to fit the purpose and feeling of true pixel art.

But it was a great time, that Godslayer guy was cool too, he experimented more with the foundations of pixel-art. He still hangs around on pixelation I think.

This is Misterxman's old website, some (most of) his old works are still posted on this forum...

http://s15.invisionfree.com/misterxman/index.php?act=idx

He's a good guy. I still wish Jagex wouldn't have taken his two drawings out of the players gallery.

I love your green dragon/snake hybrid. Its cute!!!

TJ had nice pixel art as well. There were a few others too.

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

Awesome stuff there on MXM's site.

I didn't really realise the gallery was on the path to death, but I figured I'd post some minor stuff before I smack you guys with some big news.

It's a shame to see this place die, [cabbage] this is the place that got me to do digital art in the first place. I'll never forget that.

tipitsigte0.png

Oh god the nostalgy. DH you really had some awesome pixels, and seems like you still do. I used to burn myself out with couple pieces that took tens of hours to finish, and haven't really bothered to finish any more pixels after it. Anyways, after the possibility to exhange pixels into RS gold had been removed, I didn't really have motivation anymore. I heard some people made real cash with them, but I never really bothered. Too short attention span nowadays to focus for too long. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday again. :rolleyes:

u5zhkTY.gif

BIG NEWS?!?!?!?!!?!?!

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

BIG NEWS?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Few things pat could regard as big news.

1. DH Is making awesome stuff (which isnt big news)

2. DH is back

3. He has something to share with us

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Oh i missed that

DH is a ninja >.>

*reads sentence*

wat! you really want to drown us in awesomeness dont you?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

People used to make big money off pixel art way back when, when users were able to sell their work for RS gold. Almost all the talent has picked up and left though. Jeppez (spelling?) and TJ were like the best imo.

TJ was awesome (The_Jeppoz for clarification), so was Princess_(can't remember rest of her name) and Xman without question!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png