Facebook Searching

Dizzle229

Hey guys. I just wanted to know if anyone had some tips that could help me.

I moved to my current town in 2006, and I haven't seen my old friends since then. I'd really like to get backin touch with them, but they've done a damn good job of making themselves elusive. There are so many factors in my way of finding them.

1. Finding their name. They have to have the exact name I search, all while being in the specified town. The problem is, most people only post their locations for friends. And also, no offense intended toward ANYONE, but the area I lived in... lets just say names like "Lopez" are a dime a dozen, making it very difficult to find specific people. This applies to dozens of last names.

2. They need to actually have a facebook account, and I have no way of knowing who does and who doesn't.

3. They need to have a picture of themselves as a profile. Most don't. The ones that I suspect of being who I'm looking for, I haven't seen them in four years! I have a yearbook from about three years ago, and I've been searching for everyone, but so far, no luck.

4. When I find them, there's no guarantee they'll even accept my request.

As I said, any advice at all would be very much appreciated. If a mod feels this should be merged with real life help and advice I understand.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

email address works well if you know it.

I don't think you need specific location, unless you moved like cross country. Unfortunatly not everyone has a clear profile picture, but if you have their full name, they should be within the first 5 pages of the search engine. If they're not there, you'll be forced to believe they dont have an account. Lopez, Smith, Jones. Doesn't matter. If you get the right network, and the full name, they'll pop up. As for knowing which John Doe is the right one, you just gotta send some requests and cross your fingers that they recognize your name. It usually works out in the end.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

email address works well if you know it.

I don't think you need specific location, unless you moved like cross country. Unfortunatly not everyone has a clear profile picture, but if you have their full name, they should be within the first 5 pages of the search engine. If they're not there, you'll be forced to believe they dont have an account. Lopez, Smith, Jones. Doesn't matter. If you get the right network, and the full name, they'll pop up. As for knowing which John Doe is the right one, you just gotta send some requests and cross your fingers that they recognize your name. It usually works out in the end.

Thanks. I don't use my real name on facebook so that some [wagon] from school would gtfo, but I guess it's time to set it right. No longer will I be knows as Vladmir Lenin. (I know its Vladimir, but the filter caught it.)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Its damn near impossible to find some people. I was trying to use the search to try and find a girl from my Psyc class year, and I couldn't find her. I knew where she was, her fisrt name (forgot her last), what highschool she went to and which town she was from, but my searches returned nothing. I eventually found her by looking through her highschool class for '08 (year she finished) and clicking on all the girls with photos with her name.

I found her in the end, but it was annoying that the search found nothing despite my rather narrow search...

So in conclusion, Facebook search sucks, and you have to manually search through one sort of group or whatever that person is a part of.

rosssigfinal.jpg

if you really are desperate to find them, make a group and get as many people as you can join it so that if they are friends with the people, they can be found.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

If you've got someone else added that might know the people you're looking for, have a look through their friend list to see if they've got them added.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

What high school do they go to now? Using that school/town as a network will turn up anyone who says they go there. If you're worried about people not accepting you can say, "Hey it's me [name]. I went to school with you about 4 years ago."

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

if you really are desperate to find them, make a group and get as many people as you can join it so that if they are friends with the people, they can be found.

This is a good idea. Also, even if you just find a few people, looking through their friends can be helpful.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti