New max hit

balliztik1

I want to say it's truncated afterwards. I believe I recall reading yesterday someone saying their previous max was 35, and they hit a 359, or something in that general area.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Well, there are always ways to test, I suppose, especially since you can just not level strength. Controlled experiment FTW. ;D

EDIT: Yup, you're right. My max hit was 17.83, and I hit a 176. I hoped the update would address that. Cool. ;D

Max hits are (at least) 1-2 damage higher. I've been able to hit 230 w\rune scim and 280 w/rune 2h at 80 str potted and str praying on F2P with str ammy. Whereas before it was just 21 scim(210 now) and 25 2h(250 now)

I am thinking that maybe P2P's max bonus dmg is a bit higher because of how much more % bonuses and +str they can get.

553VriC.png?1

Max hits are (at least) 1-2 damage higher. I've been able to hit 230 w\rune scim and 280 w/rune 2h at 80 str potted and str praying on F2P with str ammy. Whereas before it was just 21 scim(210 now) and 25 2h(250 now)

I am thinking that maybe P2P's max bonus dmg is a bit higher because of how much more % bonuses and +str they can get.

If you're talking about the max going up 1-2 damage in the old system, or 10-20 damage now, then that's wrong. All that has changed is that decimals are included. So if your old max hit was 21.7, you'll now be able to deal that full damage rather than just 21. Obviously, this is multiplied by 10 so it'd be 217.

So now, your max hit, without changing any pots/prayers or equipment can be up to 0.9, or 9 damage higher, depending on what it is.

Example: Your max hit would normally be 40, but in reality with the decimal, it's 40.9, just is rounded down and isn't included. Now, you deal that original 40.9, but multiplying it by 10 to get 409.

Hope that helped :)

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Previously the game would always calculate your max hit on your strength bonus, strength level, and any prayer you might be using.

However, there was a hidden decimal that was always rounded down. So say that the game reads your bonuses, and calcs out that your max hit was 45.7. Though it would be rounded down to 45.

But now, with the new LP update, it essentially just moves the decimal over one space to the right. So now your max hit would be 457.

This is the reason i like this update so much. Because now every little bit of strength bonus you can build up counts. You no longer need to build up roughly +4 strength bonus, or a few strength levels just to maybe hit 1 more. It all counts now. The effects maybe don't show tremendously in a normal fight, but if you're DM'ing in PvP, the little extra you hit can add up quickly.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.