Which Weapon to Use Against Living Rock Creatures?

GandalfTheGrey

I've just started using Kuradal as my slayer master and have been getting a bunch of Living Rock Creatures. I've been using a zammy spear with the crush option but have seen people with whips and rune defenders hitting decently too. Which approach is better?

My stats are:

Attack: 85

Strength: 87

Defense: 85

Thanks

Right Click > Rewards > Tab 3 > Never Assign Living Rock Creatures Again

The above poster has this correct.

However if you want to spend a couple of hours getting shoddy kills per minute and wishing you had blocked them (like yours truly here) then:

Rune defender and Whip = better, and speed it up by cannoning and potting..... though cannon deals with them easy enough.

Just try not to slit your wrists with the boredom of their respawn rate.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Defender and Whip is better. Living Rocks aren't terrible melee XP if you can get 'em to yourself, so I do them.

I agree there a good task cuz of the xp

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Defender and Whip is better. Living Rocks aren't terrible melee XP if you can get 'em to yourself, so I do them.

Hmm, it could be debated that for the time spent getting the exp there using whatever methods you could arguably do other tasks in that same time and probably gain more profit, and the same, if not more exp

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I prefer to range them across the corners of water pools, preferably the ones that don't range back.

To the naysayers: both the strikers & protectors have great life point / level ratios. You don't want to be skipping these.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Hmm, it could be debated that for the time spent getting the exp there using whatever methods you could arguably do other tasks in that same time and probably gain more profit, and the same, if not more exp

No, they are apperantly over 40k slay xp an hour, if you cannon and melee them. I have blocked them though because I find them incredibly boring.

Blocked and never going to take them off my list, I have used every technique and every weapon available to me and they are still slow as hell. I have tried using a cannon, turmoil, z spear, whip+ defender and they are still way too darn slow.

These guys are amazing XP, why would people block them?

Anyways, just whip then. They have such low defence that trying to take advantage of any weakness by using a less powerfull weapon would just hurt you.

If you have 73 mining, take a Pickaxe to mine them after you kill them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Bad XP/hour even with cannon, extremes, and turmoil without mining the corpses. That 40k/h figure is absolutely wrong.

I doubt it I get 25k just pietying. It seems slow cuz its slow kills but they have a huuuge amount of hp

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

They respawn so slow its stupid (even on w2 still has you waiting for them to spawn) and even with piety and cannon they take ages to kill.

I had them as a task once and now there on the blocked list.

They might be ok to good exp, but they are such a long task they get boring after the first 30 and there is next to nothing you can do to speed it up as they are in single combat, have slow spawn and a silly amount of hp.

Only reason to do them would be to mine them and thats if you don't care at all about the time it takes to complete the task.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

They respawn so slow its stupid (even on w2 still has you waiting for them to spawn) and even with piety and cannon they take ages to kill.

They might be ok to good exp, but they are such a long task they get boring after the first 30 and there is next to nothing you can do to speed it up as they are in single combat, have slow spawn and a silly amount of hp.

Only reason to do them would be to mine them and thats if you don't care at all about the time it takes to complete the task.

I dont see why the spawn speed matters, theres like 100 of them...I've never had to wait.

DM0Yq2c.png

I dont see why the spawn speed matters, theres like 100 of them...I've never had to wait.

All the good cannoning locations have about 5 or 6 spawns in there location and don't allow them to spread out, ie your not running around like crazy when strikers range you from the other side of the room.

Using any of these locations you can kill them all, bank all the drops, kill the 2 near the bank before the ones near the cannon have even respawned.

There respawn rate is about that of the giant mole where you can really make a cup of coffee while they spawn.

Killing them without a cannon is silly as they take so long to kill. So its either run around like crazy after the strikers and kill less then you would with the other locations, or have to wait for them to respawn.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Bad XP/hour even with cannon, extremes, and turmoil without mining the corpses. That 40k/h figure is absolutely wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iXiR3d3mpt1oniXi#p/u/10/LqZ8paq0XEM

No timer, no before and after nothing to prove he got 42k/hour.

That room is horrible as striker can easily force you to run from 1 side to the other.

That guys videos are pretty bad too, just the fire giant one I mean comeon use the titan scrolls with the slayer helm and use a special weapon.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

http://www.youtube.com/user/iXiR3d3mpt1oniXi#p/u/10/LqZ8paq0XEM

No timer, no before and after nothing to prove he got 42k/hour.

That room is horrible as striker can easily force you to run from 1 side to the other.

That guys videos are pretty bad too, just the fire giant one I mean comeon use the titan scrolls with the slayer helm and use a special weapon.

Its good exp nonetheless. I got 120k/h melee exp there on task with piety, 90-90 att/str, no extremes.

yuki2d.png

Protip: They spawn much faster if you have 73 mining and mine them.

I found a spot with 3 spawns right next to each other, and as long as I remember to mine them, there's no waiting time between kills.

If you have 73 mining, keep the task and use whip+defender.

If you don't have 73 mining, skip/block them.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Protip: They spawn much faster if you have 73 mining and mine them.

I found a spot with 3 spawns right next to each other, and as long as I remember to mine them, there's no waiting time between kills.

If you have 73 mining, keep the task and use whip+defender.

If you don't have 73 mining, skip/block them.

If you mine them you get worse exp/hr and would be better off just skipping the task.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

They're good combat experience, but not very good slayer exp, not to mention that they take forever, so you're missing out on slayer points that you could have gotten otherwise. If you value combat experience over slayer experience, enjoy the task.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Right Click > Rewards > Tab 3 > Never Assign Living Rock Creatures Again

Pfft. Save the blocks for monsters worth blocking, like black deamons.

Pfft. Save the blocks for monsters worth blocking, like Hellhounds/Kalphites.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]