Constitution Update

bacara1138

I was surprised to see that the results of the latest poll on this site stated that most people disliked the recent update to HP. I respect that fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that Jagex can make mistakes, but I am not sure I see where the negative feedback is coming from. I personally liked the update (though it has taken some getting used to), and especially as it has made training my low-leveled pure much more bearable. As the life points and damage have been multiplied by ten, the overall change shouldn't be very much. However, even though people are still hitting the same percentage of damage as they always did, there is still discontent with the update.

I realize that most people aren't like the idiots on the runescape forums who are QQing because the update was catered towards newer people. In fact, I am sure that there are very valid reason why people dislike the update. My question is why do you like or dislike this update? And does it really change that much?

Thank you for reading.

bacara1138.png

Completed Nomad's Requiem at lvl 107 ~ February 25th 1010

Quest Cape Achieved ~ February 26th 2010

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dislike it because it was unnecessary change. not to mention the hitsplats look bad now. and lifepoints sounds bad.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Constitution Update: What is the problem? The lack thereof.

Seriously, people are making a huge fuss over a completely mundane, small update like that. Do people really lack the mental capacity to comprehend an extra digit? It's not like the suddenly made the hits show 5 digits + a huge chain of decimals or anything like that...

Some people claim it's a pointless update. So has been many other patches, updates, etc the past year and before.

The hullabaloo isn't because the update is pointless or is a bad one - it's because the idiots in the RSOF and in RuneScape have incredibly low IQ.

i dislike it because it was unnecessary change. not to mention the hitsplats look bad now. and lifepoints sounds bad.

I disagree, the update wasn't unnecessary at all. Jagex stated that it would help newer players get into the game AND open up new possibilities for more items, armor, and weapons. So while the changes are not immediately available, Jagex didn't do this just because they felt like it, I think it was so that they can do more things.

There should be option to hide/show splashes, cause you dont need look at all those 200`s and simply observe hitpoints bars. That would be nice like for me.

That would be an interesting update....

it's because the idiots in the RSOF and in RuneScape have incredibly low IQ.

Well, while there are a lot of idiots on the RSOF, I don't think everyone of them who dislikes it is. But, yes I agree that a lot of people dislike it because they are just stupid.

bacara1138.png

Bacara1138, don't tell me you haven't read a single thread on here about this update..

Anyway in case you haven't, most people (including me) dislike it because we find it totally unnecessary (if you want to hit higher, go train your attack/strength). Personally, I also find it a huge slap in the face for people who have spend ages looking at a screen only seeing zero's, only to find that new players do not have to go through all this irritation.

However, what makes it just utterly disgracefull for most people is the name. I've talked to tons of people and they all said the same thing; "I don't mind the new system, I just hate the name". A constitution is a piece of paper on which your rights are states, people have died for the contitution, and they're putting that in a game?! Words can hardly discribe how badly I dissagree with Jagex on this update.

Anyway, hope that answers your question.

However, what makes it just utterly disgracefull for most people is the name. I've talked to tons of people and they all said the same thing; "I don't mind the new system, I just hate the name". A constitution is a piece of paper on which your rights are states, people have died for the contitution, and they're putting that in a game?! Words can hardly discribe how badly I dissagree with Jagex on this update.

Many rpgs feature 'constitution' as a stat relating to healthpool, lineage 2 is one example.

Its got nothing to do with an american legal system lmfao.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Many rpgs feature 'constitution' as a stat relating to healthpool, lineage 2 is one example.

Its got nothing to do with an american legal system lmfao.

I know it has nothing to do with a constitution, but the split second I read the name of the constitution skill, I associate it with a constitution. And there are countries outside the US with a constitution too..

actually... there is ANOTHER definition of "Constitution" that fits. "the physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc." This has nothing to do with "A constitution is a piece of paper on which your rights are states." If there was only ONE definition then I would understand your confusion, but to hate it because you are bent up about one of the definitions is sad.

As for it being unnecessary, it may seem that way, but it will have its purpose eventually. Jagex did it so that they can do more with the system then was previously impossible. So it wasn't unnecessary, it's just not immediately apparent to most. Instead it is the first step of many updates.

bacara1138.png

Bacara1138, don't tell me you haven't read a single thread on here about this update..

Anyway in case you haven't, most people (including me) dislike it because we find it totally unnecessary (if you want to hit higher, go train your attack/strength). Personally, I also find it a huge slap in the face for people who have spend ages looking at a screen only seeing zero's, only to find that new players do not have to go through all this irritation.

[snap]

Totally unnecessary? Couldn't you read Jagex's reason for updating it? They wanted to make the game more enjoyable for the new players.

Slap in the face? The game changes, in case you didn't know. Go and create a new account and restart if you're so jealous. So any update that makes the game more interesting for new players is a "huge slap in the face"? What kind of logic is this?

The name is utterly disgraceful? [snap] As bacara1138 has said, Constitution can also mean "the physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc". [snap]

I think there is a lot of potential to this. Could you imagine a pvp weapon that a special effect of ocasionally dealing constitution damage? You'd be able to stop your opopnent from "safing" by eating away their max hp. Also, making lesser gear which reduces damage can also be added in.

The part I like about the update is that smaller boosts mean somethin now. Before 1 point in strength meant a % chance of dealing 1 more damage (I think it was ~25%/str point). Now, gaining 1 str point raises your max damage by 2.5 (or something like that).

So really, its not just the new players who are benifiting from this, people just hate change.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I think there is a lot of potential to this. Could you imagine a pvp weapon that a special effect of ocasionally dealing constitution damage? You'd be able to stop your opopnent from "safing" by eating away their max hp. Also, making lesser gear which reduces damage can also be added in.

The part I like about the update is that smaller boosts mean somethin now. Before 1 point in strength meant a % chance of dealing 1 more damage (I think it was ~25%/str point). Now, gaining 1 str point raises your max damage by 2.5 (or something like that).

So really, its not just the new players who are benifiting from this, people just hate change.

Fully agreed.

Also, if you have a say +2 strength bonus, you get on average 5 more damage per hit. Previously it was 0.5, and it'll always be rounded down and not added to your exp. However, now you get 2 more exp per hit on average. Or you effectively hit 1 more damage every 2 hits. And you're saying the update is pointless...

What [cabbage].

Totally unnecessary? Couldn't you read Jagex's reason for updating it? They wanted to make the game more enjoyable for the new players.

Slap in the face? The game changes, in case you didn't know. Go and create a new account and restart if you're so jealous. So any update that makes the game more interesting for new players is a "huge slap in the face"? What kind of logic is this?

The name is utterly disgraceful? I think your intellectual capacity and English vocabulary is even more disgraceful. As bacara1138 has said, Constitution can also mean "the physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc". Don't blame Jagex for your severely limited vocabulary.

If you are so inmature that can only attack me on a personal level you should really ask yourself why you are finding yourself in this section of the forum. I think you should also seriously question yourself in regard to your respect towards other users. I won't get all furious and enraged when someone doesn't agree with my opinion, and neither should you when somebody doesn't agree with yours. Next time, please think before flaming at me just because I didn't express my opinion the way you like it.

What [cabbage].

The name is utterly disgraceful? I think your intellectual capacity and English vocabulary is even more disgraceful. As bacara1138 has said, Constitution can also mean "the physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc". Don't blame Jagex for your severely limited vocabulary.

If you are so inmature that can only attack me on a personal level you should really ask yourself why you are finding yourself in this section of the forum. I think you should also seriously question yourself in regard to your respect towards other users. I won't get all furious and enraged when someone doesn't agree with my opinion, and neither should you when somebody doesn't agree with yours. Next time, please think before flaming at me just because I didn't express my opinion the way you like it.

The fact people often don't express their opinion "the way you like it" is why there are debates. ;)

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I like this Idea, which also means that we can see an update in the other direction such as raising the constitution level temporarily. Another fair point about the strength bonuses, with the old system it was really hard to tell whether you were hitting higher with certain stuff such as the fighter torso.

bacara1138.png

First off, the schooolteacher side of me, it's spelled "Immature"

On the topic at hand, frankly we could have done without it, but I suppose if it's going to help engage new players....Hopefully we'll get a few smart ones...

On the subject of the quote above...Frankly, being insulted by another person flaming you, and as a result flaming them back by stabbing at their maturity and intelligence is...Immature. This leads to a question concerning this...

I won't get all furious and enraged when someone doesn't agree with my opinion,

If this is true...why the stab back? Just let it go.

I understand both viewpoints concerning the update, and even the above scuffle. Keep in mind that no matter what you think, you should never undermine another, unless they are wrong to the point of being an utter detriment to society. In this case we are talking about a game. This is a foolish arena to demonstrate our maturity or lack thereof.

Merely Stating My Opinion (MYMSO)

--Wachiru

-----------------------------------------

The Spear in the Other's Heart is the Spear in Your Own...

You Are He...

--Surak

Surak: A fictional Character who had some very down to earth Ideas.

--Wachiru

Below is me, when I am after flamers, haters, and various other noobly professions...

aFu_Ak47CatAni.gif

What [cabbage].

Great move to avoid answering to the topic at hand.

This is a debate. If you can't stand a little sarcasm and some swearing to emphasise my point, then please leave.

You're the one being immature and just plain ridiculous for sidetracking from the topic and clearly avoiding the issues I've raised.

-----------

You claim the update is totally unnecessary.

1. It speeds up training, as I explained in another post.

2. It makes the game more exciting for new players, allowing Jagex to not lose as many potential customers.

3. It opens up the horizons for many new weapons/armor that could reduce max life points and stuff like that.

The game changes for goodness's sake. There will always be new stuff to replace the old to make the game more interesting and more enjoyable. Learn to accept it rather than waste your time ranting against it. Did you ever hear your parents saying "it's a huge slap in our faces because our child didn't have to go through the experience of eating a bowl of porridge a day in some XXX war"? No.

As bacara has pointed out, constitution means something other than the piece of paper. Why don't you check your dictionary before you try and attack Jagex for "using the wrong word". Or alternatively, you can learn how to pay attention in school...

In conclusion, your entire argument is absurd and illogical. It has no evidence, simply opinion. Sure, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I doubt anyone's going to pay much heed to it if it's completely illogical and has no basis.

Great move to avoid answering to the topic at hand.

This is a debate. If you can't stand a little sarcasm and some swearing to emphasise my point, then please leave.

You're the one being immature and just plain ridiculous for sidetracking from the topic and clearly avoiding the issues I've raised.

I disagree, what you are doing is opening up a personal attack.

A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself.

I find it remarkable that you don't know that this is something which is usually not done in a debate, considering you find yourself an intellectual. Also, your need for swearing just proves to me that you are incapable of having a normal and civilized debate with. For that reason, I won't continue to take part in this debate with you.

On a last note, I noticed your very 'constructive' claims about my abilities in the English language are removed from your original post. I don't know if this is done by a mod (disregard this statement if so), but if you are going to critise me in such ways, please don't remove these statements. Otherwise people might get the feeling I get offended over something which isn't there..

And thanks for correcting me Wachiru.

People who claim that the update was unnecessary have obviously failed to read every statement released regarding the update. The only arguments i've heard against it so far are opinion based, like:'I don't like the name!' or 'the hit splats look weird'. Try to look at all the oppurtunities this update has opened in rebalancing the combat triangle and then form an opinion.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

To my honorable comrade Wales, My apologies if I offended.

Continuing the debate, the change was NOT necessary. But I do see where they are coming from, I find it interesting that after Seven? *Thinks back to when he first started* Maybe Eight years ago, we al had these pretty blue hitsplats with a big fat zero and....Oh my goodness! People Played! So on that side, the update was not necessary. Personally, I don't see why someone who's going to cry about all the misses should have any urge to try a grinding game in the first place. (And do be realistic, the whole game is a blasted grind.) Frankly, maturity is everything.

On the other hand, It might be, (to a child) more exciting to hit a thirty-two as compared to a...three. I personally noticed when I logged in that morning to train on SOS spiders, (as is my custom) that I had just hit a 42, Being a fool and failing to read the update, I was ecstatic. Then, I noticed the evident lack of red on the spiders health bar...All the same I was EXCITED!!

I suppose if we are debating for the sake of the debate, I side with the "We did not need it's" But I am not ready to say it is a bad thing...

--Wachiru.

--Wachiru

Below is me, when I am after flamers, haters, and various other noobly professions...

aFu_Ak47CatAni.gif

And do be realistic, the whole game is a blasted grind.) Frankly, maturity is everything.

There is so much truth behind this statement, I commend you greatly!

As for what you say about it being unnecessary, I do agree in regards to it helping newer players. We already went through the low levels whacking hundreds of zeros, and we didn't quit. But because this paves the way for many future updates to combat, I don't find this update to be unnecessary at all. It is just that it doesn't seem to have done anything THIS MOMENT. :)

bacara1138.png

I don't mind the change if it helps expand the gameplay. As it is now, the only benefits are a more accurate effect of str boosting gear and lvls.

I still feel that players who are against that change are being a little bit stubborn and are afraid of change. I know this is somewhat a flame-bait, but I've seen lots of posts by player claiming they will quit because "numbers are not what they used to be!", "I don't want to play WoWscape" and so on...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

AirWales: Your denial to debate after I rewrote my post just shows you don't have any proper arguments against it, and you're just employing tactics to sidetrack from the issue so you won't need to embarrass yourself by replying in a stupid manner to the argument I've made.

It doesn't take a psychologist to see through your scheme.

You can continue to refuse to debate, but it will just look bad on you for not replying to a perfectly sound argument.