Constitution Update

bacara1138

Uh, has anyone noticed you were on less hp than your max before the update after the update you get healed to full health?

Apart from that I think it would have been better to just change the skill so you could have the new weapons and pots but not multiply everything.

TidySlayer.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. More accurate results were enabled to be calculated as a result of the update. This is technically both a pro and a con since you hit higher but your opponents hit higher too. It doesn't matter what your attack level is since you'll perpetually be fighting monsters (that have higher defense or the same defense as you) and players, who obviously have the same or higher defense level as you (unless you like to pick on lower levels, but that's besides the point).

Contrary to your belief that the pro and cons are equal, that is, quite frankly, not the case. Although this will not affect things as much when defense levels are similar, there is a massive difference concerning lower attack levels(Generally lower leveled players) against people with higher defense. The lower attack person will hit MORE, compared to the old numbers. this will diminish the use of Defense against lower leveled players. Furthermore, if my attack is already much higher than the enemy's defense, I have, essentially no bonus.

2. Horizons were opened with this update. An update doesn't need to do something immediately. Although no updates with regards to the Constitution skill have been released, we can still count this as a pro since it ALLOWS new updates. Whether the updates are good or not isn't relevant. The fact is that it opens up the health system to new updates.

We don't NEED updates to make ourselves invincible. What kind of reasonable updates will there be? This is simply "raising" then maximum limit of skills past 99. Anything that comes from this will simply make the game easier. Whereas most bosses 2 hit players, this just gives players more time to react, more time to eat, and more time to teleport.

I read on one of your posts there is no change to exp/h (or something like that, cba to quote, but it was in a blue color)

Thats obviously untrue. It is much easier for lower levels to train (this was Jagex's premises), as well as give a small boost to higher levelled players by, essentially, eliminating 0 hits. Since most people train on things lower levelled, it can only be assumed that the defense of the monster is lower then the attack level.

And I still don't understand what you mean by all of the cons getting neutralized. Runescape uses a random number generator. I'm not sure how we will adapt to make our hits more/less accurate.

BTW, challenge to name one update that isn't just raising the HP "cap"

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Talk all you like. Think what you like.

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you over this issue. You yourself are guilty of many of those things you mention above. I've presented my arguments many times but you seem to be unable to comprehend them or more likely, are purposely ignoring them as you lack a coherent answer.

If anything, my only "guilt" has been an inability to frame my arguments in a manner simple enough for you to understand it. However, that's really not my fault, given that you lack anything resembling background knowledge of RS. And although I'd like to say that we'll have to agree to disagree, I feel compelled to point out that you have less overall exp than a great many people have exp in individual skills.

Talk all you like. Think what you like.

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you over this issue. You yourself are guilty of many of those things you mention above. I've presented my arguments many times but you seem to be unable to comprehend them or more likely, are purposely ignoring them as you lack a coherent answer.

If anything, my only "guilt" has been an inability to frame my arguments in a manner simple enough for you to understand it. However, that's really not my fault, given that you lack anything resembling background knowledge of RS. And although I'd like to say that we'll have to agree to disagree, I feel compelled to point out that you have less overall exp than a great many people have exp in individual skills.

Wow! A great surprise that you insisted on maintaining your own innocence...

Does experience in-game have to do with Constitution? I fail to see which part of Constitution it is that such a huge amount of in-game experience is required to make an argument. On the contrary, it seems that you who continually boast about your own experience is the one making ridiculous arguments.

Right, so by not playing the game you have a better awareness than people who play it.

Since when did I say that I don't play the game?

I merely pointed out the irony that your arguments are more incoherent than mine even though you claim to have more experience.

This whole debate is debating how low humanity can stoop to, you are arguing and filling the forums with spam and hatred.

If you don't want to be civilised, please click the red X at the top right of your internet browser and get a life. :) Hope I helped.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't mind the update, it's okay once i got used to it, I hit more on boss monsters so I personally enjoy it a lot.

The use of Ad Hominem arguments around here causes a big backfire bro.

Just sayin'! :D

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

People Just Cant Cope With Change, This Update Was Made So They Could Use The Skill In The Future, People Are To Impatient To Wait For These Updates So They Complain That It Was Useless.

200812192143.jpg

Proud To Have Once Owned An Untrimmed Agility Cape

Right, so by not playing the game you have a better awareness than people who play it.

Since when did I say that I don't play the game?

I merely pointed out the irony that your arguments are more incoherent than mine even though you claim to have more experience.

The irony is that you even realized yourself the failure on Jagex's part.

You can't bring yourself to answer my post because there is no answer.

Owned_Nex.png

Missed your post.

1. More accurate results were enabled to be calculated as a result of the update. This is technically both a pro and a con since you hit higher but your opponents hit higher too. It doesn't matter what your attack level is since you'll perpetually be fighting monsters (that have higher defense or the same defense as you) and players, who obviously have the same or higher defense level as you (unless you like to pick on lower levels, but that's besides the point).

Contrary to your belief that the pro and cons are equal, that is, quite frankly, not the case. Although this will not affect things as much when defense levels are similar, there is a massive difference concerning lower attack levels(Generally lower leveled players) against people with higher defense. The lower attack person will hit MORE, compared to the old numbers. this will diminish the use of Defense against lower leveled players. Furthermore, if my attack is already much higher than the enemy's defense, I have, essentially no bonus.

2. Horizons were opened with this update. An update doesn't need to do something immediately. Although no updates with regards to the Constitution skill have been released, we can still count this as a pro since it ALLOWS new updates. Whether the updates are good or not isn't relevant. The fact is that it opens up the health system to new updates.

We don't NEED updates to make ourselves invincible. What kind of reasonable updates will there be? This is simply "raising" then maximum limit of skills past 99. Anything that comes from this will simply make the game easier. Whereas most bosses 2 hit players, this just gives players more time to react, more time to eat, and more time to teleport.

I read on one of your posts there is no change to exp/h (or something like that, cba to quote, but it was in a blue color)

Thats obviously untrue. It is much easier for lower levels to train (this was Jagex's premises), as well as give a small boost to higher levelled players by, essentially, eliminating 0 hits. Since most people train on things lower levelled, it can only be assumed that the defense of the monster is lower then the attack level.

And I still don't understand what you mean by all of the cons getting neutralized. Runescape uses a random number generator. I'm not sure how we will adapt to make our hits more/less accurate.

Are players always fighting with lower levelled monsters? They only do so when training. You have the advantage when you're taking on bosses/higher levelled players. Unless you're near level 126, that is. But no update can cater to everyone, so you'll have to live with it. Lower levelled players benefit greatly, and Jagex is a profit-seeking organisation after all, and there are many more lower levelled players.

Since when did I talk about invincibility? I merely said the update allowed new updates to be released to the system. For example reducing maximum life points, raising your max life points, etc. Those just add new twists to the combat system. How the hell would they even come close to making players infallible?

Jagex wanted to make it easier for lower levels to train. Also, since some people have been claiming it does not increase your hits at higher levels at all, then either both points are neutralised or both stand, since higher levelled people also train on high levelled monsters.

RuneScape uses a RNG. Yes, and so? It generates numbers like 1.1, 2.3, etc too, doesn't it? It will be more accurate than a RNG that rounds off the hits to 1 and 2 respectively..

Missed your post.

Are players always fighting with lower levelled monsters? They only do so when training. You have the advantage when you're taking on bosses/higher levelled players. Unless you're near level 126, that is. But no update can cater to everyone, so you'll have to live with it. Lower levelled players benefit greatly, and Jagex is a profit-seeking organisation after all, and there are many more lower levelled players.

Since when did I talk about invincibility? I merely said the update allowed new updates to be released to the system. For example reducing maximum life points, raising your max life points, etc. Those just add new twists to the combat system. How the hell would they even come close to making players infallible?

Jagex wanted to make it easier for lower levels to train. Also, since some people have been claiming it does not increase your hits at higher levels at all, then either both points are neutralised or both stand, since higher levelled people also train on high levelled monsters.

RuneScape uses a RNG. Yes, and so? It generates numbers like 1.1, 2.3, etc too, doesn't it? It will be more accurate than a RNG that rounds off the hits to 1 and 2 respectively..

So the only reason Jagex is doing this is to make more money. Ok. I'll live with that.

Although players are not invincible, I said that you get more time to react. That means more time to eat, more time to teleport, and more time to move/pray. Raising maximum HP is, you guessed it(I surely hope so), raising the level cap. Draining HP? Sure sounds like damage to me. Its just a excuse to raise the level cap. They can't just take away the skillcapes of the people who already have them. I suspect there will be "True Skill Mastery" capes soon, not just for Dungeoneering.

Also, your third point is simply incorrect, higher levelled players do not train on higher levelled monsters. Everyone trains on what hits low on you, and has high HP. The only reason higher levelled players "move up" is that they can 1-2 hit monsters. High levels can already hit these monsters plenty well. This simply helps lower level'd players hit harder on higher leveled things. There is no linear relationship comparing your level and the monster you fight. For training, it is somewhat linear, but stops for players around 80-90.

More accuate=More hits.

Owned_Nex.png

Missed your post.

So the only reason Jagex is doing this is to make more money. Ok. I'll live with that.

Although players are not invincible, I said that you get more time to react. That means more time to eat, more time to teleport, and more time to move/pray. Raising maximum HP is, you guessed it(I surely hope so), raising the level cap. Draining HP? Sure sounds like damage to me. Its just a excuse to raise the level cap. They can't just take away the skillcapes of the people who already have them. I suspect there will be "True Skill Mastery" capes soon, not just for Dungeoneering. Raising Maximum HP? Firstly, it's called LP. Secondly, raising the LP MAX does not raise your Constitution level, nor does it increase your LP. Draining LP means you lower the max from say 50/99 to 50/89, so the person cannot heal as much and is more susceptible to death.

Also, your third point is simply incorrect, higher levelled players do not train on higher levelled monsters. Everyone trains on what hits low on you, and has high HP. The only reason higher levelled players "move up" is that they can 1-2 hit monsters. High levels can already hit these monsters plenty well. This simply helps lower level'd players hit harder on higher leveled things. There is no linear relationship comparing your level and the monster you fight. For training, it is somewhat linear, but stops for players around 80-90. I'm not talking about TRAINING, I'm talking about bosses, players, etc. PvP, Boss Hunting, Clan Wars, etc etc.

More accuate=More hits. More accurate = more precise hits, not more hits. As in 0.1 and 0.9 are reflected as 1 and 9 respectively, not 0.

On the contrary, this is an example of you blatant idiocy.

Honestly, I wasn't sure before but now I'm convinced that you're nothing more than a crap troll trying to get attention. You ignore anything that directly refutes your arguments and then twist everybody elses' points around before responding to the argument you yourself distorted. You're quick to flame, but slow to actually present anything resembling a coherent argument. You've basically gone around insulting everybody in this post who disagrees with you despite the fact that you lack anything resembling knowledge about RS. I'd say that I'm done arguing with you, but you haven't really done any arguing; instead you've just jumped around the issue and tossed in an insult whenever you could squeeze one in.

Oh Ithykins >:3

I mean.. Doctor Doom. Yes, yes I agree

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

• 2 weeks later...

I think the update was a good move. I still find that I have to mentally translate every number (76 damage... oh yeah, that's around what 8 used to be) but the old system was, for the lack of a better word, tacky. Your remaining health is of fundamental importance in these games, but in Runescape it was just lazily stuck into the skills list. It's better for hp or lp or whatever you want to call it to be separated from the skills and given its own place in the HUD and the game's mechanics.

Also, if Jagex keeps their word and releases constitution potions, that's going to make playing my low-hp pure a lot easier.

kindness.png

However, what makes it just utterly disgracefull for most people is the name. I've talked to tons of people and they all said the same thing; "I don't mind the new system, I just hate the name". A constitution is a piece of paper on which your rights are states, people have died for the contitution, and they're putting that in a game?! Words can hardly discribe how badly I dissagree with Jagex on this update.

Many rpgs feature 'constitution' as a stat relating to healthpool, lineage 2 is one example.

Its got nothing to do with an american legal system lmfao.

Meh. The greatest RPG of all time uses constitution to represent a character's toughness. I'm 14, and as much as I like logic I don't love finding facts, so I'll just trust the judgment of Gary Gygax.

I've also found the constitution update makes it easier to keep hp up. I have no clue why.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

The only reason I have for not liking the update is the new name, but not because of any definitions. I just always say hitpoints instead of constitution if I don't use quick chat to announce milestones in exp/level. But other than that I don't think it was a bad update, and it should make for some interesting future content.

I just started playing again after over a year long break and at first was like wow 880 hp! but nothing's really changed, i don't really see how a 10 hit in comparison to 100 hp is any more exciting than a 1 hit in comparison to 10 hp but maybe that's just me since i already got past that initial training and leveling. I honestly don't even remember hitting alot of zeros and if i did it definitely didn't discourage me from continuing to play along with millions of other players who continued to play before this update. As for the proposed updates i'll wait til i see them cause with many of the latest updates i've been left wondering who Jagex really wants as their customers a bunch of helpless 5 year olds who will register and play for a week and never log in again or players who have stuck by them for years, on the other hand maybe i'm just getting too old for this game...

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

I'm not against the update. Just one little tiny thing that irks me is you can no longer say "con" as refering to construction. Instead, you have to add three more letters so it doesn't like you are refering to the constitution skill. Now you have to say "constr" and "constit." Although I think I will just stick to calling it "hp." Players will know what I mean.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .