Selling guthans

purekilljoy

Ok, so my question is mainly for higher lvls and experience slayers.

I've been slaying for a while and i used Guthans for a lot of tasks to speed them up. With the bonus xp weekend though i bumped my summoning up from lvl 1 to 74 so i've pretty much lost any use for my guthans now. With bunyip healing me I haven't used guthans at all. (and i am aiming for 88 so with a uni, it'll be even easier)

I always train super potted and for some tasks like Gargoyles I use dharok to train str and speed up the task conciderably.

My stats are att 94, str 89, def 93, slayer 87 and ranged 95 (60k to 96).

The main idea for selling guthans is to get a zamorakian spear for waterfiends and a [cabbage]load of cannonballs to slay faster and get 99 ranged faster through slaying.

Anyone who has experience with that stuff, is there any point for me to keep my guthans for later slaying lvls or no? (i don't do bosses, cause my connection is not really fast)

Ofcourse i could get the money in a few hours through blues or greens or sth, but if i don't really need guthans i'd just sell it and save time.

And yes, i cannon through all the tasks i can.

PS! I just started re playing like a month ago, so all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Purekilljoy.png

Guthans slows you down a lot compared to a bunyip and even Enchanted Excalibur. I would sell it unless you DK a lot, it isn't that good anymore for slayer with all the alternatives nowadays.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

If you just want to power slay, guthan is pretty much outdated right now, I would keep it though as it is still decent for general playing purposes.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Thanks a lot for the replies!

ok, so the main point being for me, as i don't boss hunt, would be to sell it.

The only thing is that i will want to get a fire cape when i get to slayer lvl 93, so that is pretty much the only place that i'd use it. Is it possible for me to get the cape without guthans though?

Also, in general, it seems that guthan's price is pretty constant, so I could probably buy it back at roughly the same price, if I ever needed to.

Purekilljoy.png

The only reason that I use the Guthans special effect anymore is for the fight caves. But, I do use the plate and legs all the time just for their value as armor, which has one of the strongest defense bonuses in the game.

I think that maybe Torags might have slightly higher defensive stats, but I don't have the bank space to keep both.

Thanks a lot for the replies!

ok, so the main point being for me, as i don't boss hunt, would be to sell it.

The only thing is that i will want to get a fire cape when i get to slayer lvl 93, so that is pretty much the only place that i'd use it. Is it possible for me to get the cape without guthans though?

Also, in general, it seems that guthan's price is pretty constant, so I could probably buy it back at roughly the same price, if I ever needed to.

I would sell the Guthans as it seems pretty obsolete now that you have the bunyip. At your 93 defence yip *should* cover you pretty well, especially if you have something like an EE or train with a super defence too.

With the money that you get from it I'd say stock up on super sets, prayer pots, bunyips and a couple of summoning restores/super restores. Then when you're happy with the level of pots you have in your bank buy yourself the cannonballs you want. Make sure you're going to use them though. Also it might be nice to have a full slayer helm whist you're at it if you don't already have one.

So yes, unless you boss hunt etc then sell it. Even bosshunting when you get the unicorn methinks guthans will be pretty obsolete there what with brews and restores and then a uni on top of that.

And with your levels I'd say you'd have no problem getting the fire cape without guthans....... I went for my fire cape with 85 defence and 70 ranged and got it on my first try to my utter surprise..... I think the trick is aim for a wave to get to then anything after that = bonus. I was only going for the Ket-zek for my karma diary and yet I got to jad in welfare gear and managed to beat him. Sir Hemen and Muggiwhplar(?) have both got absolutely EPIC guides out with many different methods and they both compliment each other.

So top tips: Sell guthans. Buy st00f. Slay. Make money. Kill one of the hardest soloable monsters out there.

Job's a good'un.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I agree with most people here -- sell it. The only real use it has is at a couple of the GWD bosses and MAYBE at barrows (the need for it might be obsolete if you know what you're doing even though you can't take any familiars there -- SGS can pretty well cover the use Guthan's used to have at Barrows) -- for slayer and most monster hunting, it's become obsolete thanks to the bunyip and unicorn. Sell it, buy a ton of pots and cannonballs, then have fun with slayer.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Not having guthans makes fight caves a bit more troublesome. Don't know exactly how people do it but I imagine it involves sara brews.

I can't just rely on my SGS when doing fight caves, so you definitely need something extra. Guthans makes the first part of fight caves AFkable.

I would just keep it. I kept my set. Occasionally I use it.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Not having guthans makes fight caves a bit more troublesome. Don't know exactly how people do it but I imagine it involves sara brews.

I can't just rely on my SGS when doing fight caves, so you definitely need something extra. Guthans makes the first part of fight caves AFkable.

I would just keep it. I kept my set. Occasionally I use it.

Yea it is a tiny bit more troublesome..... However from the waves in total I took ~70 damage in my welfare stuff on the way through, so it's not too bad. Guthans would have eliminated the need for brews I guess; however I wanted sure fire healing :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

okay, thanks a lot for the tips again.

I got tons of super and pray pots from the bonus xp luckily. The only thing that I will need is the summoning potions. I'll buy a couple hundred of them right away then. If anyone has any more suggestions about my slayering then I will be really glad to hear them :)

Purekilljoy.png

Only other tip is that if you melee alot of tasks then use piety. But that's about it :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

I haven't used guthans since I got 68 summoning. Haven't owned a single piece since then. There's really no point, exception if perhaps boss monsters if you're tanking or something like that.

Only other tip is that if you melee alot of tasks then use piety. But that's about it :)

Yea, no can do, prayer lvl 64 :P

By the way, got my set sold at 5,8 mil :P At the moment killing waterfiends

If it doesn't kill your cashpile then throw a bit into prayer if you feel like it. You'll thank me later just like my friend who was using curses did when I beat him into using normal prayers again :thumbup:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png