Shattered Heart Smithing Stones

Sy_Accursed

Did they change something?

Cause I was under the impression smelting any ore (eg gold) could give rocks and even if you inventory was full you could get rocks.

Yet I've smelted around 2k gold without a single rock which seems a bit much.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If it's anything like herblore, I made 4k extreme range pots without a single herblore rock and then I got both rocks within 200 extreme strengths because I had invent space.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

If it's anything like herblore, I made 4k extreme range pots without a single herblore rock and then I got both rocks within 200 extreme strengths because I had invent space.

I believe that it's exactly like that.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

from what i remember...its smithing and not smelting...meaning that you gotta use an anvil on this one...lol

Except that I got both of my smithing rocks yesterday from smelting steel bars...

It seems to me that in the course of collecting these rocks, everyone has trouble with getting at least one or two skill's worth.

You might get the two mining rocks in the same inventory while mining rune essence, but it seems to take ages to get your agility rocks.

That's just my observation. I think that the rarity factor of the rocks is just sometimes more noticeable in some skills than others.

Probably has to do with the fact that you're collecting 30 objects over the course of 15 skills.

Odds are you're more likely to struggle with the odds at some point.

I may put something here eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Did they change something?

Cause I was under the impression smelting any ore (eg gold) could give rocks and even if you inventory was full you could get rocks.

Yet I've smelted around 2k gold without a single rock which seems a bit much.

i got mine by making bronze knifes.

2 weeks in a row i still havent gotten my herb,agi, or theif rocks. so everything they said above is pretty true.

i got my herb by making normal str pots and theif by thieving farmers.

Tu3sday_92.png

both of this weeks smithing rocks came from gold.

but it took almost 3k gold ores to get them.

last statue however i got both within 500 bronze bars(knives)

i still think its random, but i declare some have better chances- 2k lobs and swords using harpoon, no rock. switched to monks, both in 2 loads.

Agility is the pain for me- they never seem to come

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

You do need inventory space if you wish to acquire the stones. If you take the smelting route, it is best to set your withdraw X amount to 27; that way you have space for if a stone appears. Stones will not appear on the ground (aside from the Construction stones) so you must have space. The smithing method is probably better in this case because it creates room, so you don't have to worry about that.

You do need inventory space if you wish to acquire the stones. If you take the smelting route, it is best to set your withdraw X amount to 27; that way you have space for if a stone appears. Stones will not appear on the ground (aside from the Construction stones) so you must have space. The smithing method is probably better in this case because it creates room, so you don't have to worry about that.

This is not true; if you have a full inventory, one of the items being skilled can be replaced by your stone. Some message pops up in your chat box to that effect to let you know what happened.

I have seen this personally happen and the behavior is also noted on Runescape Wiki, as well asTip.It's own guide.

Depending on the value of the item being skilled, I either fill my bank space (iron ore) or leave a space (super prayer pots).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I've heard of people taking hours to get their stones, whereas I've gotten all mine within 15 minutes of that skill, so it's just luck. However, you do NOT need inventory space. If you have a full inventory, you'll get a message saying "Something has happened to your [item], and you have been left with a strange rock" or something to that nature, it's happened to me a couple times (and I've gotten both smelting gold ore).

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Hi

I'll agree on the fact that it DOESN'T MATTER whether or not you leave one slot open in you inventory you will get a stone regardless.

To add to my experience in getting the rocks to the rest of you i can say that:

Fishing: got 1st. rock after filling 1/3 of my inventory and the 2nd. came just as fast

Mining: got the 1st. one after mining 10 gold rocks and the 2nd. after 30 gold rocks

I'm currently missing one from hunter which seems to elude me - ie. i've trapped well over 300+ Sabre-toothed Kyatts which translates to around 4+ hours with no luck.

So i can only agree with those of you who thinks that some rocks come easy until the odds stacks against you.

I think that Jagex should have foreseen this problem and made it so you would get a rock within a certain interval of experience for example 1 - 50.000 exp. - otherwise we could all end up being level 99 in all non-combat skills before we finish the replica statue.

Maybe that's their great master plan or maybe they haven't really thought this whole statue concept over thoroughly enough before adding to it the game... (all in all i'm quite content with this whole Shattered Heart "distraction"-game).