Best F2P Weapons/Armor?

Draco_Mage

if your asking about non degradable armor yes, rune is still the best.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Technically, the best is Corrupt Dragon armour. But you'd be stupid to buy it (except for things like the Battle Axe for Pking)

So for melee

Full Rune (with Berzerker shield)

Rune Scimitar/Longsword for weapon

For mage

Any Elemental Staff for weapon

The combat or Druidic robes from FOG, I forget which is better

For range

Maple Short Bow for weapon.

Full Green D hide with a FOG coif

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

For melee training I'd take

Rune Full Helm

Strength Amulet

Rune Scimitar

Rune Kite Shield

Rune Platebody

Rune Legs/Skirt

Rune Gauntlets

Fighter/Fancy Boots

Made a few slight changes, based on my thoughts, the str ammy allows you to hit harder, in f2p accuracy isn't much of a concern.

Also I think that the bonuses of the new mask are negligible and that the trusty rune large is still a better bet.

As for the shield slot, yes the beserker is a better shield but once it's full degraded it's worse then a black kite... I would rather not to have to worry about recharging. Once you hit level 80 combat you really don't need any better defence anyway.

aiel.png

Well it really depends on what you're fighting.

If you need *minimal*(I stress minimal) defence bonuses for maxed out offense, i would go with this setup:

-Mask of Dragith nurn

-Rune Platebody

-Rune Platelegs

-Fancy/Fighter Boots

-Rune Gauntlets

-Any cape

-Amulet of Power/Strength.(Depending on your attack level, and the defence level of what you're fighting)

-Explorer's ring

-Rune Beserker Shield(It could be charged or uncharged. Depending on how much you value the +2 extra str for the charged version, and how many FoG tokens you have lying around)

-Rune Scimitar

This should give you the highest damage rate in F2P.

But if you want to go for a higher defence setup, just switch out the mask for a rune full helm, and maybe the Berserker shield for a rune kite. If you don't want to bother keeping it charged.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I disagree with those who think the Combat/Druidic robes from FoG are great for mage. Especially seeing as they don't provide enough melee/range defense, which is critical when training in places where dangerous monsters are present. Worse, those FoG-based robes happen to need recharging every so often, making them far from worth their ultimate costs. <_<

Instead, I personally recommend the Full RuneCrafter Robe Set (Hat, Gloves, Chest Robe, and Skirt) for training. While it may take a little while to obtain at the GOP minigame, and basically requires Level 50 RuneCrafting to have access to acquire, it has saved me from quite a few bad situations before. Paired with Leather Boots, any (Team or not...) Cape, Staff of Fire, Amulet of Power, and an Anti-Dragon Shield, it becomes quite the combination to move around and destroy monsters in. Plus, it requires no recharging and leaves you somewhat safely armored. Can't really beat that, now can you? :thumbsup:

Last Note... Using any shield other than the Anti-Dragon in F2P will badly hurt mage bonuses... Please take this into consideration before you use something else. :-?

~Mr. D. V. "I use RC'er Robes, and they rock!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Melee:

- Rune full helm

- Rune platebody

- Rune platelegs

- Rune kiteshield

- Rune scimitar

- Rune gauntlets

- Explorer's ring 3

- Amulet of power

- Team cape

- Fighting/Fancy boots

Ranged:

- Coif

- Green d'hide body

- Green d'hide chaps

- Maple shortbow

- Green d'hide vambs

- Explorer's ring 3

- Amulet of power

- Team cape

- Leather boots

- Arrows of your choice (I use iron)

Magic:

- Runecrafter hat

- Runecrafter robe

- Runecrafter bottom

- Any elemental staff (I use fire)

- Runecrafter gloves

- Explorer's ring 3

- Amulet of power

- Team cape

- Leather boots

In summary:

- Due to their degrading nature, FOG items are not a very useful item. The exceptions are Gauntlets, since they degrade in a much different fashion. Get this over safety gloves.

- The robes are why 50 Runecrafting is very worth it. I am so shocked to see that less than 1M people have that, since the runecrafter set is pro.

- Rune scimitar > Rune longsword due to speed. Similarly, maple shortbow > maple longbow due to speed, and always use rapid fire.

- The all-roundedness of the amulet of power is better than the one-direction only amulet of strength/magic, use it over those!

- In contrast, the all-roundedness of the mask of Dragith Nurn does NOT make up for the other items, since they are all only +1.

- Complete all 3 difficulties of the Lumby/Draynor diary, the ring is VERY worth it, and exp lamps are nice too.

- Although I said "team cape", it does not matter what cape you wear. The reason why I said that is because of its nice additional "blue dot" function.

For more information regarding F2P training, read Zaaps1's F2P Combat Training Guide (AoW).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Ack! That's ^ what I missed! The Lumby Explorer's Ring, level 3 of which is the best! Nice catch, Sonic3190! :thumbsup:

That's what I get for posting in the early morning hours. :P

~Mr. D. V. "I knew I forgot something..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Can't really beat that, now can you? :thumbsup:

Yes I can...

[hide]capturecei.png[/hide]

100+ def, still with 9 magic atk. At 70+ magic only 9 magic attack doesnt really matter when fighting pkers with full rune. But the 100+ def does

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂