Player Owned Houses?

junanag0h

Ok, I have been thinking about it. Carpenty and Player owned houses will probably come out at the same time. You will probably be able to make furnature as well. Ok, whatever.

I want to know everyones opinions on Player Owned Housed (PoH). Back near the beginning of runescape in rsc they added a part of the map that showed player owned houses east of varrock. People were anxiouly awaiting to see what they would be like. Well as you all know they never came out. People say that PoH's will ruin the game. I totally disagree. I think its for one adding to this everchanging game. (If they never changed ANYTHING there would be about 1/4 the map, 1/10 the monsters, and far fewer skills, no wild, no members, no rune, no adam, no..... ok you get the point).

PoH's are going to bring something that people have been waiting for since RSC. I for one cant wait till they come out.

If they do come out with Player Owned houses, I hope we can decorate them with stuff like current NPC houses. For isntance, maybe people who own houses can buy an armor display stand so that they can display their armor as decoration in their homes (much like the Old Man does with it saradomin armor).

Also, maybe during Christmas, they can have special "Christmas Spruce" trees popup all over the world, which players can cut to get a "Christmas tree" to display in their homes for the holidays (it would be untradeable and last only about 2 weeks prior to and 1 week after Chrismas).

Then of course you can add a range, a bed, an icebox to store food, furniture to store stuff like clothes (robes, capes, etc), a hat stand for helms/hats, etc.

I think it would be pretty cool. A few areas near large cities could be dedicated to housing, then you could sell the keys to a specific house. Then purchase and place furniture in there... And maybe even another bank! Having your own private banker in your house... *drools*

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

Tip it has gone down hill. There never used to be so much flaming on forums. Screw this. I am making my own freaking site and forums.

The reason I made this thread was because I wanted people to really just know that PoH's were an idea that jagex almost implemented in RSC. And now alot of the people who have been waiting for them finally get to see what they are all about.

Warning never create threads on POHs. I created one earlier and got my pants flamed off me lol

Apparently... I dont like all of the noobs and idiots that play this game now. Everyone acts like they are better then the next person. Its [bleep]ing rediculous.

Why do so many ppl post threads about POH's? Stop making stupid posts. JAGEX will release whatever they will soon

Because we like to bring up conversations not realizing that so many people are going to be idiotic flamers

Congratulations on making the millionth thread on POH's

Thanks.... :evil: (My turn to flame :P )

lol what would be the point of building a house in a major city? if i had the option to build a house anywhere, id put mine in the wilderness for an easy pk escape, or route to green dragons. or maybe in the little remote area east of relleka near the mines and unicorns and slayer dungeon heh heh!! taverly is a nice quie area too. or perhaps crandor. even better, mort'ton!

hmmm... can we make basements with doors that link to dungeons?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I don't see why people get so irritated about threads discussing PoH's. If the thread was asking when they were coming out then i could understand it but....

For all you people out there saying it would create lag, no it wouldn't because Jagex isn't stupid enough to even theink about letting people build houses anywhere. They probably will have a gate that gives you a choice of visiting a specific persons house, or going to your own. House wouldn't be in any way connected to the main map. Also, your character is managed on a server other than the one you are playing on. Same thing with the friends (and ignores) list, so why couldn't they do the same for Poh's. It won't cost them that much more money, just maybe $500 to $1000 for servers, and then the additional cost of upkeep, the same thing that they do when they introduce more worlds.

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

--Life, The Universe and Everything

• 1 month later...

P.O.H should be a real estate way to make money. If you ever play Fable (there's a new one called Fable: The lost Chapters) you can buy houses and other buildings and rent it to people (NPCs) You can make money out of ths.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If they do come out with Player Owned houses, I hope we can decorate them with stuff like current NPC houses. For isntance, maybe people who own houses can buy an armor display stand so that they can display their armor as decoration in their homes (much like the Old Man does with it saradomin armor).

Also, maybe during Christmas, they can have special "Christmas Spruce" trees popup all over the world, which players can cut to get a "Christmas tree" to display in their homes for the holidays (it would be untradeable and last only about 2 weeks prior to and 1 week after Chrismas).

Then of course you can add a range, a bed, an icebox to store food, furniture to store stuff like clothes (robes, capes, etc), a hat stand for helms/hats, etc.

I highly doubt this will happen because it will prob be like 100-500 houses and be just like farming where you cant see other peoples houses and stuff otherwise they would need to make at least 500 000 houses and that would take up way to much space.

EDIT: Also i don't think they came out in classic because back then they didnt have the knowledge to make only 1 players house only visible and accessable to them.

For all you people out there saying it would create lag, no it wouldn't because Jagex isn't stupid enough to even theink about letting people build houses anywhere. They probably will have a gate that gives you a choice of visiting a specific persons house, or going to your own.

i agree to this

plus everyone getting bored of runescape is inevitable so i think poh would be a good idea

this idea is stupid do you realize if everyone in runescape owned houses how much more clustered it would be, there would so much god damn lag. Plus hardly any new updates would come in.

sorry this idea is going into the i dont think so books.

POH's are a good idea, I would like the idea that i can put things i dont really want anymore and people can go in and buy them if they need them. Extra money whilst your away fighting.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week