Dragon bones

Themooingcow666

Ok so i got 69 summoning, and i have acess to war tortisois now, what i was wondering is what is the best, and fastest way to get dragon bones? which dragons? Where at? should i use war Tort, and when should i use it? if not what should i use? and btw i want to get at least 1000 dragon bones total, i have 156 now ;)

Thank you for the help :)

P.S. the dragon bones are going toward 2 things, 1. Money for 75 con (300% XP each for gilded alter :D) than the rest is going fot 60 prayer :)

Thank you :D

Themooingcow.png

I'd go with CT greens, using a bunyip and banking at SC, bring a super set+antifire, repotting every load and banking at BH for more antifires/super sets every 4 loads. FYI you can use crystal saw+tea to get a gilded alter at 70 con.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'd go with CT greens, using a bunyip and banking at SC, bring a super set+antifire, repotting every load and banking at BH for more antifires/super sets every 4 loads. FYI you can use crystal saw+tea to get a gilded alter at 70 con.

I wouldn't use the CT for Greens if I were you. I went there to slay Baby Blacks a few days ago and there were 10 players fighting over the 2 Green spawns, making it unreliable as a source of Dragon Bones.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Ok so let me get this straight, Fight green drags at CT, then bank at where? Sacred clay? then where do i get items from?

What i was thinking was bunyip, bank at varrock, run back, repeat while using super sets,

Banking at Bounty Hunter with the games necklace would be quicker. I think using a war tortoise + food would give more kills per hour than a bunyip. This guide is good, but idk when it was last updated: http://forum.tip.it/topic/168906-a-draconic-guide-v1-4/

Rao.png

Green dragons at CT are probably the best option; though if you have done the watchtower quest you could always go with the blues in that ogre place. Anyways: Sir Hemen has an epic video somewhere on youtube...... His setup was something like:

Neitz

Prosy top

Prosy Bottom

Antifire shield

D boots

Barrow gloves

Fury

Fire cape

Explorer ring

Whip

And he used a yak....... he also had a pure set and an anti-fire pot with a prayer pot too...... oooh! Don't forget monkfish!

You can obviously swap out things on this for whatever you feel; but it generally seems better to tank the hits the greens do (maybe take a super defence with you) and when you get blacks on you just switch on melee protect and focus on the greens still. Obviously use a war tort as it'll boost your total of bones up by 18. So.... if you manage to go through your pots and food that'll total - 45 bones a trip; therefore a yip is a waste if you want to be efficient with the killing. When I followed his guide he had a Home tab, restored any prayer that had gone down and then tele'd to edge, bank there, run to obelisk and restore summoning if needed, then run north of GE run to CT through the portal you need...... Rinse and Repeat.

Oh and a word of advice ;) If you're going for 60 prayer via this then cut out the middle man of a guided altar of your own and go to world 33(?) - the house party world - and ask for the house with the altar and lecterns. Pro's get 70 prayer through the house party world :)

EDIT: I just realised that I only factored in the d bones. The hides might be a good idea to bank too as it's extra money you didn't have before and they're ~2K last time I looked. Therefore with a tort that allows you 9 extra kills (if you put all the hides and bones into it), and your invo allows 13 kills (if you keep 1 slot with a tele tab in it)

EDIT 2: Here are the videos :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl6gFb1lpTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45cW8nE_T4&feature=related

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Why not the ones east of Clan Wars? I just showed a friend who became p2p a couple days ago and hes doing great there. I do amazing there with war tort. I have a games necklace to tele to Clan wars, run east and theres a ton of green drags, after I get a full inven. I summon the tort and fill it up then fill inven. again. After I'm full I run a little south to 20 wildy and use dueling to go to Castle Wars and bank then repeat. I use regular melee armor and drink 1 dose of super att and str before I go but you can bring with you, I also bring a anti-fire pot too and a few food. Only con is it can get crowded and may be cannons there but it all depends on the time of day you play. Hope this helps a little. Oh and obviously bring anti-fire shield. =]

MURDER0US.png

Why not the ones east of Clan Wars? I just showed a friend who became p2p a couple days ago and hes doing great there. I do amazing there with war tort. I have a games necklace to tele to Clan wars, run east and theres a ton of green drags, after I get a full inven. I summon the tort and fill it up then fill inven. again. After I'm full I run a little south to 20 wildy and use dueling to go to Castle Wars and bank then repeat. I use regular melee armor and drink 1 dose of super att and str before I go but you can bring with you, I also bring a anti-fire pot too and a few food. Only con is it can get crowded and may be cannons there but it all depends on the time of day you play. Hope this helps a little. Oh and obviously bring anti-fire shield. =]

Good point :) but...... revenants ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Greens are only good if you can go at a very quiet time. Otherwise you waste all your time fighting over kills.

At very high levels (maxed combat or close) bronze dragons are the fastest, except maybe using a cannon somewhere.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

From common knowledge and what Qeltar just said I'd probably advise to go for blues in the ogre shaman cave. It's perhaps your next best bet. You could, ofcourse, cannon black dragons in zanaris as they break even generally if you bank hides and bones.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Greens are only good if you can go at a very quiet time. Otherwise you waste all your time fighting over kills.

At very high levels (maxed combat or close) bronze dragons are the fastest, except maybe using a cannon somewhere.

I disagree. I win every kill in the CT, so those beat bronze drags easily.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Thats probably because you have max comb.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

You don't win every kill unless you are lucky enough to get there when it is quiet. There's too much luck for even a very high level player to be guaranteed to get every kill.

It's a matter of personal choice. I hate fighting with people over kills, so I avoid greens.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Thanks for the info :) and i think i would rather do blues, help get some crafting up too :D

But how do i get to the ogre onclave? isn't it the waterfall quest?

No it's the watchtower quest :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png