Complete Slayer Guide

MstrMonopoly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind telling me how u got the little icon's for the weapons and armour?

Also great guide keep up the good work :thumbup:

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Would you mind telling me how u got the little icon's for the weapons and armour?

Also great guide keep up the good work :thumbup:

Used the Rune Wiki's little inventory icons, they look great :thumbup:

Axe Man Jack's guide is still pretty good, but it's a little outdated and a little bit biased. For that matter, my guide is a little biased too, lol. I'd recommend using my guide for general Slayering but Axe Man Jack's if you want to get an overview of the skill/exact instructions.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

For the Tzhaar task, I found killing the mages and 74's was a lot better.

I just used a unicorn, melee pray (I'd have 1-2 Kets, 1 mage and a few 74's attacking at once), and wore a verac skirt with karils top. Worked fine for me.

You take a lot of damage, but it's faster if you keep aiming at killing the 74's and mages.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

For the Tzhaar task, I found killing the mages and 74's was a lot better.

I just used a unicorn, melee pray (I'd have 1-2 Kets, 1 mage and a few 74's attacking at once), and wore a verac skirt with karils top. Worked fine for me.

You take a lot of damage, but it's faster if you keep aiming at killing the 74's and mages.

Using a combat familiar and killing whatever's closest is fastest.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Wow. Incredible guide, all the information is neatly presented, well organized, and accurate. The only advice I could give you is to keep this guide up to date, and this may become the best slayer guide on the internet.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Thanks for the great comments :)

This guide is actually going to get another major revision when I get home. I'll also be shooting for at least 2M Slayer XP in September, October, and November, and hopefully get 99 Slayer by the end of the year so I don't get comments like "noob w/o 99 slayer, stfu".

P.S. - I do have personal experience with every task done multiple ways except Ice Strykewyrms.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Thanks for the great comments :)

This guide is actually going to get another major revision when I get home. I'll also be shooting for at least 2M Slayer XP in September, October, and November, and hopefully get 99 Slayer by the end of the year so I don't get comments like "noob w/o 99 slayer, stfu".

P.S. - I do have personal experience with every task done multiple ways except Ice Strykewyrms.

You'll still get those comments, anyway. This is Runescape, remember? :roll:

(inb4RUNESCAPE?THISISSPARTA!)

Popedevourer.png

This is SP...

Oh wait.

No, but srsly the revisions are going to go in depth about how to do each task. This will mean more pictures. Since I'm writing this guide for 3 distinct populations (the noob slayer, the economical slayer, and the powerslayer), I have to change it around somewhat.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• 3 weeks later...

Real life is for n00bs. Can't wait for the powerslaying stuff and in depth tasks. If you need any help with pictures for equipment/inventory setup, let me know.

this :P

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Awesome guide! I really do reccomend prayer flashing piety, though. I've gone through entire tasks using piety flashing and only used two prayer potions. It's totally worth it if you don't mind paying more attention.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• 1 month later...

Awesome guide! I really do reccomend prayer flashing piety, though. I've gone through entire tasks using piety flashing and only used two prayer potions. It's totally worth it if you don't mind paying more attention.

thats at least 1000 clicks per task to save 100k. Not worth it at all.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

thats at least 1000 clicks per task to save 100k. Not worth it at all.

Yeah, you usually only need around 10-12 pray pots per task anyway, so I really don't get why people pray flash. :huh:

Oh, and a couple things for the guide:

- EEE trumps SGS, so might wanna do EEE > SGS > EE.

- Add CLS for wyverns and comment on using a maul for them, too.

- Maybe add chaotic staff for ice wyrms, but meh. I'd personally do it, but I doubt most people would.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.