Complete Slayer Guide

MstrMonopoly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to disagree with you on a few points, such as using barrows chest plates and legs on tasks. With higher melee stats, I prefer to try to maximize offense, more so accuracy than strength, while sacrificing some defense for some raw power. Bandos/Fighter torso for the top and Bandos/Proselyte(peity)/Dragon for the leggings. Using a healing familiar, I've rarely had to use Guthans to heal unless it is a considerably harder task using that setup. Just my two cents though.

Overall, it is an excellent guide. There is a lot of information that I was unaware of in there. There's a number of grammatical and information errors (you've misplaced words on a couple of occasions) but to an experienced player, it is easily understood.

9/10

soulthresher.png

Nice guide :thumbup: not very surprising, but then again most serious slayers will already know this.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Delete the bandos armor as the best one and it's a fair guide. Saying that bandos is worth it is like saying that slayer helmet sucks. It's just not true.

if you have the excess cash, bandos is hands down the best armor, unless you feel like paying 3.5m per 1 hour with vestas...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Delete the bandos armor as the best one and it's a fair guide. Saying that bandos is worth it is like saying that slayer helmet sucks. It's just not true.

if you have the excess cash, bandos is hands down the best armor, unless you feel like paying 3.5m per 1 hour with vestas...

This. Am I going to say that the ~50m required to purchase full bandos is worth it if you have a 75m bank? No. In addition, it's not even the best luxury gear (berserker ring should come first, piety/turmoil/extremes should probably come first). However, the +6 strength bonus really adds up over time - it might save you 10 hours of slaying time, maybe more.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on a few points, such as using barrows chest plates and legs on tasks. With higher melee stats, I prefer to try to maximize offense, more so accuracy than strength, while sacrificing some defense for some raw power. Bandos/Fighter torso for the top and Bandos/Proselyte(peity)/Dragon for the leggings. Using a healing familiar, I've rarely had to use Guthans to heal unless it is a considerably harder task using that setup. Just my two cents though.

Overall, it is an excellent guide. There is a lot of information that I was unaware of in there. There's a number of grammatical and information errors (you've misplaced words on a couple of occasions) but to an experienced player, it is easily understood.

9/10

Indeed, I agree that Bandos is the best choice for those with 99 defence. However, the Barrows armours are cheaper and provide even better defensive bonuses so they are more useful on a lower level. A Fighter Torso is essentially the same (-1 prayer, which is not insignificant) as the Bandos Chestplate on tasks like Greater Demons where you get hit so rarely that a Bunyip overheals you.

Could you point out where the grammatical/informational errors are if you have the time? Thanks for your comments and your rating =D

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice read.

Maybe add the weapon icons to Kuradal tasks too for people who don't like a wall of text.

The only thing I disagree with is using controlled to train. Experience/hour is more or less quadratic; you'll get more exp if you train your strength and attack up first before defense. Defense does not help as much when training because you shouldn't be taking intense hits anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 2 weeks later...

Barrows/Dragon/Rune RFD Gloves > Regen Bracelet > Adamant Bracelet > Combat Bracelet > Mithril/Lower

Think you mean adamant gloves. :P

• 3 weeks later...

all these pictures are nice. i like the guide

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Thanks! I should probably get to work with dungeoneering weps as well. I won't include them in a major part of the guide as they take a very, very long time to get.

Hey, why not? You included Bandos and 3a mage ammy, right?

Arcane necklaces are a must, though.

Thanks! I should probably get to work with dungeoneering weps as well. I won't include them in a major part of the guide as they take a very, very long time to get.

Hey, why not? You included Bandos and 3a mage ammy, right?

Arcane necklaces are a must, though.

Ah yes, of course. Thanks for the reminder.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chaotic Weapons Nao

Added, I don't know too much about Dungeoneering so help would be greatly appreciated here!

Not much to say. Best one handed weapons, Maul is best crush weap, etc. Basically, use it instead of whip and any stab weapons, use maul over any crush weapons.

The xbow over any other crossbows, but it's still inferior to darts at some locations and to chins.

The staff....SoL is still better.

Chaotic Weapons Nao

Added, I don't know too much about Dungeoneering so help would be greatly appreciated here!

Not much to say. Best one handed weapons, Maul is best crush weap, etc. Basically, use it instead of whip and any stab weapons, use maul over any crush weapons.

The xbow over any other crossbows, but it's still inferior to darts at some locations and to chins.

The staff....SoL is still better.

Thanks Zaaps.

Question about maging Slayer... would Battle Robes merit inclusion in this guide?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

no, you dont get the effect without the full set sadly.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I have no data to back this up, but a CLS might be better against dark beasts, wyverns, and mithril dragons than a rapier. Keyword is "might."

I really like this guide. It's nice to look at all of the weapon icons. It's all stuff that I know, but I imagine that it would be very useful for a first time slayer.

It's worth noting that a torso is worth using with a SW cape and Verac's skirt when pietying/turmoiling.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• 3 weeks later...

This was an awesome guide before, but now it's really [bleep]ing awesome. :shades:

this.

DM0Yq2c.png

This was an awesome guide before, but now it's really [bleep]ing awesome. :shades:

this.

Thirded. I really like the powerslaying section. It's easy to understand and covers pretty much everything. The ONLY thing I would add is that you should try to always be in combat, which means not stopping to look at drops, instead grabbing them between hits.

:thumbup: :thumbup: from me.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.